Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
1 2 ... 272 273
275 276 ... 496 497
TOPIC CLOSED
Author Discussion

Gizmoish

18,103 posts

95 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
VinceFox said:
Glenfiddich is a leftover present from a long forgotten christmas, given by someone who was unaware of the men of Tain.

Still, rude to insult a gift, if given in genuine good nature.

Cheers all.
The Aberlour was also a gift. And it's bloody lovely.

Carthage

4,015 posts

30 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
VinceFox said:
Glenfiddich is a leftover present from a long forgotten christmas, given by someone who was unaware of the men of Tain.
Trivial fact: Whilst hitch hiking through Tain, I was accused of burgling a house, and robbing them of TV, VCR and other electrical goods.


Carthage

4,015 posts

30 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
Waugh-terfall said:
Don't go there... wink
laugh
I'm regretting it already.

Gizmoish

18,103 posts

95 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
Carthage said:
Trivial fact: Whilst hitch hiking through Tain, I was accused of burgling a house, and robbing them of TV, VCR and other electrical goods.
Did you escape by pretending to be a roadman?

/tenuous literary joke

Carthage

4,015 posts

30 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
Gizmoish said:
Did you escape by pretending to be a roadman?

/tenuous literary joke
Literary jokes always beat me. frown

Advertisement

Gizmoish

18,103 posts

95 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
Carthage said:
Literary jokes always beat me. frown
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Thirty-Nine_Steps#Plot_summary

SomeMinorTrouble

378 posts

28 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
Friends went to a party tonight, they didn't invite me.
Went for a drive instead, raining too hard to have fun.
Got work tomorrow, in the boring store, and the day after that.
sigh.

JayTee94

10,974 posts

43 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
That sucks MinorTrouble - although I have a great weekend planned and I had today off work. Does that help? tongue out

getmecoat

Waugh-terfall

18,480 posts

86 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
Right, I'm having big trouble removing BMW 6-series' from my head, so I'm going to hammer an M6 around a track for 20mins and then I'm going to bed. Brighton calls early.

theironduke

6,995 posts

74 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
SomeMinorTrouble said:
Friends went to a party tonight, they didn't invite me.
Went for a drive instead, raining too hard to have fun.
Got work tomorrow, in the boring store, and the day after that.
sigh.
A mate of mine is going through a rough patch ATM and I asked him if he fancied a pint tonight, he said maybe but not feeling very "peoply". Fair enough. He commented on something I put on FB earlier, guess what he's gone out for a pint. Either i've pissed him off or he's being a prick of late. I think it's the latter.

People. s.

Gizmoish

18,103 posts

95 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
Debating whether to get up for Suzuka quali tomorrow.

Could go for a ride after I suppose.

captainzep

12,851 posts

78 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
NotDave said:
Carthage said:
How do you know you are excellent at driving?
People do often tell me they are great drivers, and I wonder how they know.
Mileage covered, accidents had, cars driven, compliments received, various driving qualifications achieved, various OTJ driving assessments, people compliments. Stints where driven for a living. Passion for cars and driving.

Whenever I drive anyone, anywhere (barring the OH or my mum - they love to kick me down) there's a theme of compliments.
Me too.

Sometimes... just sometimes you notice something extraordinary. -The scything arc of the Peregrine Falcon's dive, the majestic stag, the loping beauty of the Cheese terrier.

There is something magnificent and regal about the fluidity and delicacy of their movement. But then then there's my driving. Quite simply, when I get behind the wheel the world takes notice. I have only mistakenly rammed the car in front up the arse once in 2003 at a junction. I miss gears less than once a month. I spot an overtake opportunity and lean forward, bouncing slightly in my seat in the a manner so masculine, the lady reading the news on the radio comes.

I have been assessed by a range of individuals, Nelson Mandela, Kay Burley, Rod Hull & Emu, amongst others. Each one of them (other than Rod Hull and Emu for some reason) began to clap within seconds of driving down the road.

Driving.

Passion.

I am driving.

I am passion.

I am drivession.

Carthage

4,015 posts

30 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
Gizmoish said:
Carthage said:
Literary jokes always beat me. frown
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Thirty-Nine_Steps#Plot_summary
Wikipedia. laugh
People don't normally survive sending me Wikipedia links.

Besides, I'm not very literate, get stuck on long words.

Mobile Chicane

17,878 posts

98 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
captainzep said:
Me too.

Sometimes... just sometimes you notice something extraordinary. -The scything arc of the Peregrine Falcon's dive, the majestic stag, the loping beauty of the Cheese terrier.

There is something magnificent and regal about the fluidity and delicacy of their movement. But then then there's my driving. Quite simply, when I get behind the wheel the world takes notice. I have only mistakenly rammed the car in front up the arse once in 2003 at a junction. I miss gears less than once a month. I spot an overtake opportunity and lean forward, bouncing slightly in my seat in the a manner so masculine, the lady reading the news on the radio comes.

I have been assessed by a range of individuals, Nelson Mandela, Kay Burley, Rod Hull & Emu, amongst others. Each one of them (other than Rod Hull and Emu for some reason) began to clap within seconds of driving down the road.

Driving.

Passion.

I am driving.

I am passion.

I am drivession.
hehe

Zwolf

24,584 posts

92 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
captainzep said:
NotDave said:
Carthage said:
How do you know you are excellent at driving?
People do often tell me they are great drivers, and I wonder how they know.
Mileage covered, accidents had, cars driven, compliments received, various driving qualifications achieved, various OTJ driving assessments, people compliments. Stints where driven for a living. Passion for cars and driving.

Whenever I drive anyone, anywhere (barring the OH or my mum - they love to kick me down) there's a theme of compliments.
Me too.

Sometimes... just sometimes you notice something extraordinary. -The scything arc of the Peregrine Falcon's dive, the majestic stag, the loping beauty of the Cheese terrier.

There is something magnificent and regal about the fluidity and delicacy of their movement. But then then there's my driving. Quite simply, when I get behind the wheel the world takes notice. I have only mistakenly rammed the car in front up the arse once in 2003 at a junction. I miss gears less than once a month. I spot an overtake opportunity and lean forward, bouncing slightly in my seat in the a manner so masculine, the lady reading the news on the radio comes.

I have been assessed by a range of individuals, Nelson Mandela, Kay Burley, Rod Hull & Emu, amongst others. Each one of them (other than Rod Hull and Emu for some reason) began to clap within seconds of driving down the road.

Driving.

Passion.

I am driving.

I am passion.

I am drivession.
laugh

clap

Carthage

4,015 posts

30 months

[news] 
Saturday 6th October 2012 quote quote all
captainzep said:
Me too.

Sometimes... just sometimes you notice something extraordinary. -The scything arc of the Peregrine Falcon's dive, the majestic stag, the loping beauty of the Cheese terrier.

There is something magnificent and regal about the fluidity and delicacy of their movement. But then then there's my driving. Quite simply, when I get behind the wheel the world takes notice. I have only mistakenly rammed the car in front up the arse once in 2003 at a junction. I miss gears less than once a month. I spot an overtake opportunity and lean forward, bouncing slightly in my seat in the a manner so masculine, the lady reading the news on the radio comes.

I have been assessed by a range of individuals, Nelson Mandela, Kay Burley, Rod Hull & Emu, amongst others. Each one of them (other than Rod Hull and Emu for some reason) began to clap within seconds of driving down the road.

Driving.

Passion.

I am driving.

I am passion.

I am drivession.
I think I understand now!
I feel the same way about riding my horses...the special spiritual understanding we have as we trot, canter or gallop through the stubble fields, the wind in my hair, the speed, the power, the feeling of flying through the air...




...then the smack in the face when the walnut-brained fker spooks at a pigeon and decks me in the mud.


Waugh-terfall

18,480 posts

86 months

[news] 
Saturday 6th October 2012 quote quote all
I'm really good at walking.

Carthage

4,015 posts

30 months

[news] 
Saturday 6th October 2012 quote quote all
Waugh-terfall said:
I'm really good at walking.
It's a skill.
One that my Parkinsonian father used to suck at.

laugh

captainzep

12,851 posts

78 months

[news] 
Saturday 6th October 2012 quote quote all
Carthage said:
I think I understand now!
I feel the same way about riding my horses...the special spiritual understanding we have as we trot, canter or gallop through the stubble fields, the wind in my hair, the speed, the power, the feeling of flying through the air...
You're nearly there.

How can I explain this better?

...

In 1998, 20 years after the guitar was invented, some guitarians witnessed Dave's and my driving. They say they suddenly felt a sense of clarity, an understanding. Seeing the mastery of the controls, the almost careless caress of the hand on the gearstick, a brush of the sun visor thing in high glare conditions. A journey into the intricacies... the intimacies between man and machine...

-They began to play their guitars like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFufY5CVxMg

Do you see?


Slink

2,947 posts

58 months

[news] 
Saturday 6th October 2012 quote quote all
lol

well im going to bed, and im going to let my cat sleep with me, as she isnt long for this world.

im also pretty drunk and have just posted an all platform key for gold keys for the special sactuary chest in borderlands 2 just a few mins ago.
1 2 ... 272 273
275 276 ... 496 497
TOPIC CLOSED