Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
2 3 ... 134 135
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

james_tigerwoods

Original Poster:

11,627 posts

77 months

[news] 
Wednesday 9th April 2008 quote quote all
I saw this yesterday near Scun.thorpe (for the swear filter) - has dumbing down gone too far?





Or have I missed something?

rolleyes

Edited by james_tigerwoods on Wednesday 16th May 10:38

Silent1

18,580 posts

115 months

[news] 
Wednesday 9th April 2008 quote quote all
james_tigerwoods said:
I saw this yesterday near Scun.thorpe (for the swear filter) - has dumbing down gone too far?



Or have I missed something?

rolleyes
It's welsh you 'tard. rofl

bob1179

13,637 posts

89 months

[news] 
Wednesday 9th April 2008 quote quote all
Silent1 said:
james_tigerwoods said:
I saw this yesterday near Scun.thorpe (for the swear filter) - has dumbing down gone too far?



Or have I missed something?

rolleyes
It's welsh you 'tard. rofl
roflroflrofl


james_tigerwoods

Original Poster:

11,627 posts

77 months

[news] 
Wednesday 9th April 2008 quote quote all
In Scun-thorpe - on the M180? On dealer plates.

And I apologise that my linguistic skills don't extend to Welsh.

Silent1

18,580 posts

115 months

[news] 
Wednesday 9th April 2008 quote quote all
Yes in scu­nthorpe, there's a good chance it was built there.

As for welsh, that's not hard, google is there to hold your hand.
Advertisement

james_tigerwoods

Original Poster:

11,627 posts

77 months

[news] 
Wednesday 9th April 2008 quote quote all
Going TO shorpe?

And I'm familiar with Google. Thanks. I'll be sure to google everything I post in future.

getmecoat

jamoor

7,274 posts

95 months

[news] 
Wednesday 9th April 2008 quote quote all
james_tigerwoods said:
In Scun-thorpe - on the M180? On dealer plates.

And I apologise that my linguistic skills don't extend to Welsh.
its probbably no longer an ambulance and has been sold to the trade.

Tim.s

753 posts

82 months

[news] 
Wednesday 9th April 2008 quote quote all
When in Wales drive Caerphilly!

I'll get me coat.

Silent1

18,580 posts

115 months

[news] 
Wednesday 9th April 2008 quote quote all
james_tigerwoods said:
Going TO scu­nthorpe?

And I'm familiar with Google. Thanks. I'll be sure to google everything I post in future.

getmecoat
Might be going to have some work done on a side ramp, or it's been sold.

As for google, remember, then you won't look like a 'tard thumbup

Eric Mc

74,165 posts

145 months

[news] 
Wednesday 9th April 2008 quote quote all
james_tigerwoods said:
Going TO shorpe?

And I'm familiar with Google. Thanks. I'll be sure to google everything I post in future.

getmecoat
Have you never driven or even travelled to Wales?

Ambulances adorned with this logo are fairly common.


It is not really "Welsh" but a hybridised "Welshisation" of the original English word - obviously they didn't have ambulances in Wales hundreds of years ago.
Of course, the word Ambulance stems from the Latin "Ambulo" meaning "To Walk".

tonker

46,054 posts

128 months

[news] 
Wednesday 9th April 2008 quote quote all
technically Preston plates on it (FR). And it's a minibus - not a traditional ambulance. Probably used for ferrying old folks etc. and probably has wheelchair ramp.

Do you not think the Welsh may sell off their vehicles when they reach a certain age and have them delivered to an auction site.

I have to say, your title is absolutely spot on. Gonzo....

XJSJohn

13,782 posts

99 months

[news] 
Wednesday 9th April 2008 quote quote all
Silent1 said:
It's welsh you 'tard. rofl
rofl

TBH i thought that the Silent one was exracting the urine untill i googled it!

http://www.wales.nhs.uk/sites3/home.cfm?orgid=136

Still ... rofl

Silent1

18,580 posts

115 months

[news] 
Wednesday 9th April 2008 quote quote all
XJSJohn said:
Silent1 said:
It's welsh you 'tard. rofl
rofl

TBH i thought that the Silent one was exracting the urine untill i googled it!

http://www.wales.nhs.uk/sites3/home.cfm?orgid=136

Still ... rofl
I'll have you know i'm not one of them types, i'm an upstanding member of this community.

james_tigerwoods

Original Poster:

11,627 posts

77 months

[news] 
Wednesday 9th April 2008 quote quote all
Eric Mc said:
Have you never driven or even travelled to Wales?
Nope. Been everywhere else though...


tonker

46,054 posts

128 months

[news] 
Wednesday 9th April 2008 quote quote all
james_tigerwoods said:
Eric Mc said:
Have you never driven or even travelled to Wales?
Nope. Been everywhere else though...
He probably thinks all roads lead to Araf.

james_tigerwoods

Original Poster:

11,627 posts

77 months

[news] 
Wednesday 9th April 2008 quote quote all
tonker said:
james_tigerwoods said:
Eric Mc said:
Have you never driven or even travelled to Wales?
Nope. Been everywhere else though...
He probably thinks all roads lead to Araf.
What's that supposed to mean?

Wikipedia said:
Araf is the Muslim sheol or borderland between heaven and hell for those who are, from incapacity, neither morally bad nor morally good.

Araf is also a partition. Between hell and paradise there is a high wall, an a'raf. On this partition stand men who have escaped from hell but who are not (yet) permitted to enter paradise. They yearn to enter paradise, but their sins and virtues are evenly balanced.
Um, ok.

Wikipedia said:
It is also Welsh for ‘slow’, as in ‘slow down’
Nope, I still don't get it - you'll have to enlighten me

tekta

243 posts

144 months

[news] 
Wednesday 9th April 2008 quote quote all
I thought it was txt spk for ambulance...it's what the yoot say

spidermanUK

804 posts

109 months

[news] 
Wednesday 9th April 2008 quote quote all
If you are ever unfortunate enough to venture into Wales, don't panic if the car behind is making a lot of noise, flashing his lights, waving at you and has "Heddlu" in big stickers on the bonnet......it's just the council "HeadLice" inspection team in a bit of a hurry!

Just ignore them or ideally drive as fast as you can to make way for them!

james_tigerwoods

Original Poster:

11,627 posts

77 months

[news] 
Wednesday 9th April 2008 quote quote all
spidermanUK said:
If you are ever unfortunate enough to venture into Wales, don't panic if the car behind is making a lot of noise, flashing his lights, waving at you and has "Heddlu" in big stickers on the bonnet......it's just the council "HeadLice" inspection team in a bit of a hurry!

Just ignore them or ideally drive as fast as you can to make way for them!
Thanks - I'll bear that in mind. Will I need my passport by the way?

tekta

243 posts

144 months

[news] 
Wednesday 9th April 2008 quote quote all
Based on this thread, I really wouldn't risk going if I were you
2 3 ... 134 135
Reply to Topic