Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
2 3 ... 35 36
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

Ordinary_Chap

Original Poster:

7,520 posts

127 months

[news] 
Sunday 2nd September 2012 quote quote all
All,

So we've had a successful competition in the summer thread located here; http://pistonheads.co.uk/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&amp...
And http://pistonheads.co.uk/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&amp...

And by popular demand here is the Winter thread.

This thread is designed for chat and the accompanying thread will be for pictures stats.

Thanks
Lee

Hoofy

55,468 posts

166 months

[news] 
Sunday 2nd September 2012 quote quote all
Not entirely sure whether to participate in a formal capacity or not... my bf% has certainly dropped from 20% to maybe 14% and I do notice it but I was really going for lower (10%). If this was a year's challenge, I'd probably have made it. I don't know how competition bodybuilders go from normal fat levels to 8% in such a short time (I've read a few e-books). Certainly, I'm fine at losing fat... just not fast.

Ordinary_Chap

Original Poster:

7,520 posts

127 months

[news] 
Sunday 2nd September 2012 quote quote all
Hoofy said:
Not entirely sure whether to participate in a formal capacity or not... my bf% has certainly dropped from 20% to maybe 14% and I do notice it but I was really going for lower (10%). If this was a year's challenge, I'd probably have made it. I don't know how competition bodybuilders go from normal fat levels to 8% in such a short time (I've read a few e-books). Certainly, I'm fine at losing fat... just not fast.
From 20% to 14% is a good effort buddy.

If you're anything like me then once you get like below 15% it can be a slow and painful process to go lower however its achievable if you push on.

Which is exactly the reason why I want you to enter this competition! Lets face it what is 'health matters' without Hoofy?

Lee

Hoofy

55,468 posts

166 months

[news] 
Sunday 2nd September 2012 quote quote all
Ordinary_Chap said:
From 20% to 14% is a good effort buddy.

If you're anything like me then once you get like below 15% it can be a slow and painful process to go lower however its achievable if you push on.

Which is exactly the reason why I want you to enter this competition! Lets face it what is 'health matters' without Hoofy?

Lee
You just want to see topless photos of me. Admit it. Speaking of which, I ought to get some done and post in the other thread.

Ordinary_Chap

Original Poster:

7,520 posts

127 months

[news] 
Sunday 2nd September 2012 quote quote all
Hoofy said:
Ordinary_Chap said:
From 20% to 14% is a good effort buddy.

If you're anything like me then once you get like below 15% it can be a slow and painful process to go lower however its achievable if you push on.

Which is exactly the reason why I want you to enter this competition! Lets face it what is 'health matters' without Hoofy?

Lee
You just want to see topless photos of me. Admit it. Speaking of which, I ought to get some done and post in the other thread.
Who wouldn't want to see topless pics of you?
Advertisement

Hoofy

55,468 posts

166 months

[news] 
Sunday 2nd September 2012 quote quote all
Ordinary_Chap said:
Hoofy said:
Ordinary_Chap said:
From 20% to 14% is a good effort buddy.

If you're anything like me then once you get like below 15% it can be a slow and painful process to go lower however its achievable if you push on.

Which is exactly the reason why I want you to enter this competition! Lets face it what is 'health matters' without Hoofy?

Lee
You just want to see topless photos of me. Admit it. Speaking of which, I ought to get some done and post in the other thread.
Who wouldn't want to see topless pics of you?
This is true. Perhaps I should put them on a pay-per-view website.

Ordinary_Chap

Original Poster:

7,520 posts

127 months

[news] 
Sunday 2nd September 2012 quote quote all
Hoofy said:
Ordinary_Chap said:
Hoofy said:
Ordinary_Chap said:
From 20% to 14% is a good effort buddy.

If you're anything like me then once you get like below 15% it can be a slow and painful process to go lower however its achievable if you push on.

Which is exactly the reason why I want you to enter this competition! Lets face it what is 'health matters' without Hoofy?

Lee
You just want to see topless photos of me. Admit it. Speaking of which, I ought to get some done and post in the other thread.
Who wouldn't want to see topless pics of you?
This is true. Perhaps I should put them on a pay-per-view website.
Its got to beat working right? I tried it but ranked 14th billion under the 'good lucking pale dudes' term, seems google doesn't think the description fits me....

Hoofy

55,468 posts

166 months

[news] 
Sunday 2nd September 2012 quote quote all
Ordinary_Chap said:
Hoofy said:
Ordinary_Chap said:
Hoofy said:
Ordinary_Chap said:
From 20% to 14% is a good effort buddy.

If you're anything like me then once you get like below 15% it can be a slow and painful process to go lower however its achievable if you push on.

Which is exactly the reason why I want you to enter this competition! Lets face it what is 'health matters' without Hoofy?

Lee
You just want to see topless photos of me. Admit it. Speaking of which, I ought to get some done and post in the other thread.
Who wouldn't want to see topless pics of you?
This is true. Perhaps I should put them on a pay-per-view website.
Its got to beat working right? I tried it but ranked 14th billion under the 'good lucking pale dudes' term, seems google doesn't think the description fits me....
hehe

Anyway, I suspect it would be wise to stop this tangent!

Sushi

800 posts

84 months

[news] 
Sunday 2nd September 2012 quote quote all
No no, go on, some of us like to watch.

Asterix

20,328 posts

112 months

[news] 
Sunday 2nd September 2012 quote quote all
I'm in - just started the second week of a 12 week program. If all works out well, I'll finish that, take a week out and then try a clean bulk afterwards.

Do you need the 'before' pics now or can I just post both at the end?

Ordinary_Chap

Original Poster:

7,520 posts

127 months

[news] 
Sunday 2nd September 2012 quote quote all
Asterix said:
I'm in - just started the second week of a 12 week program. If all works out well, I'll finish that, take a week out and then try a clean bulk afterwards.

Do you need the 'before' pics now or can I just post both at the end?
We prefer to have 'before' pics as it;

- Provides other entrants some motivation knowing where the competition is at
- And means more culpability to complete the challenge!

Lee

Asterix

20,328 posts

112 months

[news] 
Sunday 2nd September 2012 quote quote all
Damn - you going to see me looking like a stood up snake that's swallowed a bowling ball frown without me being able to laugh it off with a set of 'after' images looking all Buff Billy.

Ordinary_Chap

Original Poster:

7,520 posts

127 months

[news] 
Sunday 2nd September 2012 quote quote all
Asterix said:
Damn - you going to see me looking like a stood up snake that's swallowed a bowling ball frown without me being able to laugh it off with a set of 'after' images looking all Buff Billy.
I did it in my first thread here where I posted pics of my change! And lets face it you can't be worse than I was!

Lee

Asterix

20,328 posts

112 months

[news] 
Monday 3rd September 2012 quote quote all
Alright then - I'll post something up later.

Aphex

816 posts

84 months

[news] 
Monday 3rd September 2012 quote quote all
I'll get involved with this. Been going to the gym for a little while whilst not paying much heed to diet so will be good to document how I get on with a change in diet.

I'll update the other thread once I've got all the details.

Best of luck guys

Smitters

831 posts

41 months

[news] 
Monday 3rd September 2012 quote quote all
Aye aye - as expected, I'm in.

I've lost a bundle of weight, so now I'm going to go on a vanity trip.

I'm currently skinny and weak, like the kid who gets sand kicked into his face at the beach. Come March 2013, I shall not be that kid.

I plan to have a play about with high intensity cardio on the bike (Sufferfest DVDs) and do bodyweight or light, high rep bar/dumbell work which is all aimed at sorting out the back and knock-on issues that prevent me from running.

Hopefully, a by-product of this will be a body more like the guy who plays Steve McGarrett on Hawaii 5-0 than the last kid to get picked for football.

theshrew

4,199 posts

68 months

[news] 
Tuesday 4th September 2012 quote quote all
I'm in for sure. Will be a couple of weeks until I start. Can't wait.

Hoofy

55,468 posts

166 months

[news] 
Tuesday 4th September 2012 quote quote all
I suddenly recall that I was going to test out bodyweight exercises properly. Given that I've not exactly got the amazing physique most guys would dream of, does anyone think I'd be best off sticking to weights or could I benefit just as well from bodyweight training with enough thought and research? It's not that I don't have the weights, but you see Olympic male gymnasts with decent physiques and have to wonder.

Thoughts?

OllyK

436 posts

96 months

[news] 
Tuesday 4th September 2012 quote quote all
Hoofy said:
I suddenly recall that I was going to test out bodyweight exercises properly. Given that I've not exactly got the amazing physique most guys would dream of, does anyone think I'd be best off sticking to weights or could I benefit just as well from bodyweight training with enough thought and research? It's not that I don't have the weights, but you see Olympic male gymnasts with decent physiques and have to wonder.

Thoughts?
I would imagine those gymnasts lift a lot of heavy weights, with compound movements as well as all their standard stuff. Could be completely wrong though! My theory being that they need to keep a good strength base all round, and they wouldn't get that purely from their competition type movements.



Hoofy

55,468 posts

166 months

[news] 
Tuesday 4th September 2012 quote quote all
OllyK said:
Hoofy said:
I suddenly recall that I was going to test out bodyweight exercises properly. Given that I've not exactly got the amazing physique most guys would dream of, does anyone think I'd be best off sticking to weights or could I benefit just as well from bodyweight training with enough thought and research? It's not that I don't have the weights, but you see Olympic male gymnasts with decent physiques and have to wonder.

Thoughts?
I would imagine those gymnasts lift a lot of heavy weights, with compound movements as well as all their standard stuff. Could be completely wrong though! My theory being that they need to keep a good strength base all round, and they wouldn't get that purely from their competition type movements.
I read an interview with a gymnastics coach and he said the strength came from doing exercises with limbs at full length. I forget the terminology. Sadly, he didn't go into much detail.

Interview with a London 2012 competitor (39 years old!!): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeJ_RN36YdY&fea...
You can see how he trains.

2 3 ... 35 36
Reply to Topic