Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
1 2 ... 4 5
7 8 9
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

Opara

442 posts

57 months

[news] 
Saturday 15th September 2012 quote quote all
Cheers Doc, can't comment on the fracture type but I was in hospital for about 12 weeks in traction.Then I still couldn't put weight on it so it was crutches/wheelchair for anoth 3 months or more while undergoing physio.

CraigZR

158 posts

42 months

[news] 
Saturday 15th September 2012 quote quote all
I've got a high pain threshold so i've never really experienced real pain.
I was watching a 100m race a few years ago when one of the runners snapped their achilles the way he was screaming, i would say it could be one of the worst pains.
Also agree with kidney stones my dad had and i've never seen him in as much pain.

The_Doc

2,587 posts

107 months

[news] 
Saturday 15th September 2012 quote quote all
Opara said:
Cheers Doc, can't comment on the fracture type but I was in hospital for about 12 weeks in traction.Then I still couldn't put weight on it so it was crutches/wheelchair for anoth 3 months or more while undergoing physio.
Proper break. Nice one

Big_Dog

636 posts

72 months

[news] 
Saturday 15th September 2012 quote quote all
This smarted a bit when 6 medical persons, 3 at each end were pulling it back to length. They were not aware my hip was broken too. Shout ing hurt the broken ribs almost as much as my leg.


ETA right femur.

longshot

2,126 posts

85 months

[news] 
Saturday 15th September 2012 quote quote all
neilr said:
Speed_Demon said:
Cluster headache. They are nicknamed 'Suicide headaches', no prizes for guessing why. It ain't nothing like a migraine. It's been a long time since I've had one, thank god. Want to get an idea of how painful it is, check it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNouKvGCqIM

Perosnally I couldn't move when I had an attack, any attempt to go anywhere resulted in vomitting. Spent most of the time screaming.
I too suffer wih Cluster Headache, had them since i was 16. I wouldn't wish them on my worst enemy.
I get them too, or at least I used to. I take Nortriptyline for them now and it works very well.

The best desription I can give of how it feels is if you imagine someone pushing a skewer into your brain through your temple and wriggling it about.

Edited by longshot on Saturday 15th September 23:38


Edited by longshot on Saturday 15th September 23:41

Advertisement

vescaegg

4,011 posts

54 months

[news] 
Sunday 16th September 2012 quote quote all
The first time I read about these was the only time I've gotten genuinely fearful about something ive never had but could possibly get some day!

Terrifies me to think about them!

Terminator X

4,728 posts

91 months

[news] 
Sunday 16th September 2012 quote quote all
Big_Dog said:
How the fk did you do that?!

TX.

R300will

3,724 posts

38 months

[news] 
Sunday 16th September 2012 quote quote all
Terminator X said:
Big_Dog said:
How the fk did you do that?!

TX.
He's a biker so i'd go with that.

akaRob

690 posts

69 months

[news] 
Sunday 16th September 2012 quote quote all
GTIR said:
Sciatic.

/end fred.
+1

The most painful and most incessant pain I have ever experienced.

Dover Nige

1,301 posts

130 months

[news] 
Sunday 16th September 2012 quote quote all
After having an op under general anaesthetic to remove a large cancerous bladder tumour, I returned after a few check ups to find it had returned. I was given the option of having it done under another general or going for it there and then. I went for it there and then.

I had a transurethral resection of bladder cancer (TURBT) with the fulguration done without anaesthetic. I had a local gel at the "entry point" to allow the camera and errmm.. "devices" into my urethra and that was it.

It was like having a tattoo/soldering iron inside my bladder doing their worst.

It smarted. A lot.

Rude-boy

18,912 posts

120 months

[news] 
Monday 17th September 2012 quote quote all
R300will said:
He's a biker so i'd go with that.
yes I suspect so. "How do you spot the biker at a party? They are the one with a limp."

hornetrider

49,561 posts

92 months

[news] 
Monday 17th September 2012 quote quote all
Rude-boy said:
R300will said:
He's a biker so i'd go with that.
yes I suspect so. "How do you spot the biker at a party? They are the one with a limp."
yes

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&a...

prand

3,396 posts

83 months

[news] 
Monday 17th September 2012 quote quote all
Big_Dog said:
This smarted a bit when 6 medical persons, 3 at each end were pulling it back to length. They were not aware my hip was broken too. Shout ing hurt the broken ribs almost as much as my leg.


ETA right femur.
Jeez that looks bad - how did it happen? (Edit - I see now, a spill off a bike).

And am I wrong in thinking that breaking your thighbone often ends in death due to shock/damage to nearby arteries etc?

Very glad to see you are still with us! thumbup

Edited by prand on Monday 17th September 10:19

Zoobeef

2,505 posts

45 months

[news] 
Monday 17th September 2012 quote quote all
prand said:
Jeez that looks bad - how did it happen? (Edit - I see now, a spill off a bike).

And am I wrong in thinking that breaking your thighbone often ends in death due to shock/damage to nearby arteries etc?

Very glad to see you are still with us! thumbup

Edited by prand on Monday 17th September 10:19
Sharp pieces of bone slicing your femoral artery. Bleed out in minutes unless help is there

JumboBeef

2,579 posts

64 months

[news] 
Monday 17th September 2012 quote quote all
Having a football kicked in your face at school on a cold winter's day.

OscarIndia

815 posts

59 months

[news] 
Monday 17th September 2012 quote quote all
JumboBeef said:
Having a football kicked in your face at school on a cold winter's day.
Not quite as painful as the hockey ball I received to the face on Saturday.....!

Opara

442 posts

57 months

[news] 
Monday 17th September 2012 quote quote all
JumboBeef said:
Having a football kicked in your face at school on a cold winter's day.
I think i'd rather take one to the face than the thigh on a cold day, talk about stinging pain.Talking of cold days how about when you'd take a flick to the ear on a cold day?

Mr Gearchange

4,634 posts

93 months

[news] 
Monday 17th September 2012 quote quote all
The massive anti-inflamatory injection I had in A&E on Saturday night.
It felt like someone had shot a lava covered viper into my arse from a high velocity rifle. yikes

The_Doc

2,587 posts

107 months

[news] 
Monday 17th September 2012 quote quote all
Zoobeef said:
prand said:
Jeez that looks bad - how did it happen? (Edit - I see now, a spill off a bike).

And am I wrong in thinking that breaking your thighbone often ends in death due to shock/damage to nearby arteries etc?

Very glad to see you are still with us! thumbup

Edited by prand on Monday 17th September 10:19
Sharp pieces of bone slicing your femoral artery. Bleed out in minutes unless help is there
Very rare to injure the arteries of the thigh with a femoral fracture.

I've seen it once, but the thing that smashed the bone was the shotgun blast which also took out the artery!!

croakey

672 posts

75 months

[news] 
Monday 17th September 2012 quote quote all
Pilonidal sinus TWICE

Ouch
1 2 ... 4 5
7 8 9
Reply to Topic