Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
2 3 ... 132 133
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

bluebear

Original Poster:

604 posts

39 months

[news] 
Tuesday 13th September 2011 quote quote all
what the fk is going on at our club. tax man wanting to put us into administration,a singing policy that's a joke,constant missing out on targets cos no money. WHAT THE fk !!!!!mad

yellowbentines

3,640 posts

92 months

[news] 
Wednesday 14th September 2011 quote quote all
On the radio phone-ins tonight Craig Whyte was quoted as saying the club will always exist - I hope he's not naïve enough to think they're too big to be put into administration if they can't or won't pay the bills.

They certainly don't seem any more stable since Mr Whyte came in to apparently 'steady the ship' - no big signings, revenue at the door, bank accounts allegedly frozen - it doesn't look like things are any better than under David Murray.

Castrol Craig

18,073 posts

91 months

[news] 
Wednesday 14th September 2011 quote quote all
Hey, look on the bright side, you got rid of the useless charlie Adam of your wage bill ages ago.

Useless that lad, not premier league quality in a million years.


roflrofl














Oh... rofl

bluebear

Original Poster:

604 posts

39 months

[news] 
Wednesday 14th September 2011 quote quote all
just cant understand whats going on behind the scene. i was lead to believe it was the previous administration that the tax bill was liable to ,IE Mr Murray. even so the club is in a mess and a bit honesty is due to the fans. do we have money to cover this tax bill,are rangers liable or Murray international holdings,what is his plans for the next 5 years. When Murray sold club he said it was going to be sold to a rangers man, and someone who could convince him they were going to take the club forward. not seen any of this so far. were we thrown to the wolfs by Mr Murray

bluebear

Original Poster:

604 posts

39 months

[news] 
Wednesday 14th September 2011 quote quote all
Castrol Craig said:
Hey, look on the bright side, you got rid of the useless charlie Adam of your wage bill ages ago.

Useless that lad, not premier league quality in a million years.


roflrofl













Oh... rofl
well lets see what he does for Liverpool ! fk all i bet. 9m ! That's even funnier than the 12m we spent on flo. we got half of that back when we sold him on. you lot will get a new pair of boots if your lucky for him when he is found out. hey if you think he is good, we have this guy called Edu you will love. he will only cost you 5m ! argue
Advertisement

lenandsons

911 posts

118 months

[news] 
Wednesday 14th September 2011 quote quote all
Funny old thing is Football. Sectarian chanting ( allegedly ) city trashing ( Manchester anyone) and now about to do the magic trick of disappearing. Aint karma a b1tch. What I do not understand is how you lot have ended up here!! Surely as there are only really 1.5 clubs in Scotland worth anything namely Celtic (1) and you lot(.5) you should have the lions share to split in terms of income etc

groak

3,254 posts

64 months

[news] 
Thursday 15th September 2011 quote quote all
Craig Whyte inherited a mess. Possibly he's a man of straw, but possibly not. Before even thinking about expenditure he has to be fully aware of his income, and it's fairly clear that Rangers are one of many UK clubs where spending hasn't always been based around income. Maybe CW is still taking stock and developing his plan of how to move things forward. If so, his plan should evolve as the financial data stream (he now controls) emerges.

As to HMRC, they're one of several prominent UK bodies (police are another) who think dealing unpleasantly with people is clever and rewarding rather than counterproductive and alienating. Often enough their boorish and bullying tactics are both premature and based on inaccuracies, and whilst Rangers MAY have an outstanding liability, I think it's more likely they have a continuing and unresolved dispute at HMRC.

As far as the team goes, this is probably the lowest standard since the pre-Souness days. Players like Edu and Broadfoot really have no place at Rangers. On the other hand, McGregor Davis and Jelavic certainly do, but whether they are enough of a 'spine' to build success on is pretty doubtful. Mind you, even in our weakness we're still top of the league and I predict (ok, hope) we'll win 1-0 on Sunday.

Craig Whyte has an irresoluble 'problem' to deal with. Without going into detail, it is virtually impossible for Rangers to fund their ambitions (which are for European success) unless a) a mega-billionaire picks them up as a playtoy (see Chelsea, Man City etc) or b)a very radical and successful business plan is conceived and enacted which can bring us the type of funds which allow us to compete for top players including top prospects.

Murray wasn't quite rich enough (tho' almost) to do route a), and he's certainly not the type of businessman for route b). And whilst CW may not be a dud, I don't think he is either, nor do I think he's even as good as Fergus McCann was at Celtic. As to going bust and finito, Rangers haven't yet had to resort to the fan base for rescue, but that's certainly another option if things become REALLY bad.


desolate

1,324 posts

113 months

[news] 
Thursday 15th September 2011 quote quote all
groak said:
sense
outside possibility of

c) the new alex ferguson emerges and manages rangers.

It needs someone cleverer than me to find a solution for Celtic and Rangers that isn't
getting involved with money either through mahoosive sugar daddy
or playing in a different league competition.







bluebear

Original Poster:

604 posts

39 months

[news] 
Thursday 15th September 2011 quote quote all
groak said:
Craig Whyte inherited a mess. Possibly he's a man of straw, but possibly not. Before even thinking about expenditure he has to be fully aware of his income, and it's fairly clear that Rangers are one of many UK clubs where spending hasn't always been based around income. Maybe CW is still taking stock and developing his plan of how to move things forward. If so, his plan should evolve as the financial data stream (he now controls) emerges.

As to HMRC, they're one of several prominent UK bodies (police are another) who think dealing unpleasantly with people is clever and rewarding rather than counterproductive and alienating. Often enough their boorish and bullying tactics are both premature and based on inaccuracies, and whilst Rangers MAY have an outstanding liability, I think it's more likely they have a continuing and unresolved dispute at HMRC.

As far as the team goes, this is probably the lowest standard since the pre-Souness days. Players like Edu and Broadfoot really have no place at Rangers. On the other hand, McGregor Davis and Jelavic certainly do, but whether they are enough of a 'spine' to build success on is pretty doubtful. Mind you, even in our weakness we're still top of the league and I predict (ok, hope) we'll win 1-0 on Sunday.

Craig Whyte has an irresoluble 'problem' to deal with. Without going into detail, it is virtually impossible for Rangers to fund their ambitions (which are for European success) unless a) a mega-billionaire picks them up as a playtoy (see Chelsea, Man City etc) or b)a very radical and successful business plan is conceived and enacted which can bring us the type of funds which allow us to compete for top players including top prospects.

Murray wasn't quite rich enough (tho' almost) to do route a), and he's certainly not the type of businessman for route b). And whilst CW may not be a dud, I don't think he is either, nor do I think he's even as good as Fergus McCann was at Celtic. As to going bust and finito, Rangers haven't yet had to resort to the fan base for rescue, but that's certainly another option if things become REALLY bad.

most down to earth fans know the days of gazza and such are gone. but to be told, your 28m in debt and whoever Murray was selling the club to they would have to 1, clear the debt without a loan 2,show they could take the club forward 3,be a rangers man. none of above points have been made clear by Mr white. has the 28m debt been payed off without a loan or just refinanced another way. he has shown no clear plans or ideas how or where rangers will be in 5 years. i dont see much in the way of treatment of fans that would convince me he is a rangers man ! my opinion ether Murray was lying to us about who he wanted to take over the club or he was lied to who he was selling to. cos something is not right about the man ! and as for this tax bill. it was reported that Rangers FC would not be liable for it. it was a Murray international holdings tax problem or carnegie holdings what ever firm he used to slush rangers accounts in

Victor McDade

4,395 posts

67 months

[news] 
Sunday 18th September 2011 quote quote all
Well done chaps. But how bad a player is Edu? May as well play someone from the youth team as they'd contribute more.

groak

3,254 posts

64 months

[news] 
Sunday 18th September 2011 quote quote all
TBH I didn't think Edu was as bad as usual today, but that's not saying much. He's awful. Having said that, I didn't realise just how bhad the bheggars are. Mind you, I had £350 on Atletico -1 on Thursday, and if anyone reading this wants some very easy money I would advise backing Udinese and Rennes to win (or -1 if you want to spice it up) because there is no chance the bheggars will win or draw anything in Europe away from home.

GREAT week. Nothing feels better than trouncing the bheggars at Ibrox. cool

chriis

801 posts

67 months

[news] 
Sunday 18th September 2011 quote quote all
McCoist reckoned Edu might have got Man of the match , Ally your a legend but c'mon no way . Still good result today after a shakey first half .

SeldomSeenKid

460 posts

38 months

[news] 
Sunday 18th September 2011 quote quote all
Victor McDade said:
Well done chaps. But how bad a player is Edu? May as well play someone from the youth team as they'd contribute more.
Edu had a good game today, hopefully that will boost his confidence. Saying that though, I'd still have McCulloch in the middle of the park, he holds the ball up better, does the donkey work which lets Davis focus on driving forward. Last season Kyle Hutton impressed me, and we've got Matt Mckay who can play that role as well. Our right back position is slightly more worrying, Stevie Whittaker had a hand in Celtic's first, and has looked suspect for a few weeks now. He's better on the wing imho.

johnxjsc1985

3,933 posts

49 months

[news] 
Sunday 18th September 2011 quote quote all
Great win today.

albundy89

364 posts

123 months

[news] 
Saturday 24th September 2011 quote quote all
And another win today almost as easy as last week

albundy89

364 posts

123 months

[news] 
Saturday 24th September 2011 quote quote all
And another win today almost as easy as last week

Victor McDade

4,395 posts

67 months

[news] 
Sunday 2nd October 2011 quote quote all
Hearts beat Celic. Rangers now 10 points clear albeit having played a game more. Quite a points difference given the history of this league.


groak

3,254 posts

64 months

[news] 
Sunday 2nd October 2011 quote quote all
We were ok yesterday, but missing the extra bite Naisy gives in attack. I think Jelavic really misses his support work. Bocanegra's a safe pair of hands, but wee Wylde's got to do more than just run fast. Edu's a lot better recently, but I'd still try McCulloch ahead of him. Why doesn't Ally give David Healy more games too?

Anyway, with the bheggars only getting a home draw against Udinese reserves, then losing to the Jams, our win caps a good week for The Queen's X1 smile

bluebear

Original Poster:

604 posts

39 months

[news] 
Sunday 2nd October 2011 quote quote all
wonder if in new year ally will have any money to spend. i fear we may have some players snached away from us.

CIE560

12,621 posts

78 months

[news] 
Sunday 2nd October 2011 quote quote all
That's a quick end to the season even for the pub league standards
2 3 ... 132 133
Reply to Topic