Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
1
3 4 ... 17 18
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

CIE560

11,614 posts

73 months

[news] 
Wednesday 7th March 2012 quote quote all
Booey said:
the guy does not give a fk about money
Is that why he's on a reported near 300,000 euros a week? hehe

Booey

Original Poster:

7,573 posts

60 months

[news] 
Wednesday 7th March 2012 quote quote all
CIE560 said:
Is that why he's on a reported near 300,000 euros a week? hehe
exactly. will not be tempted with more and is not due a pay cut any time soon

CIE560

11,614 posts

73 months

[news] 
Wednesday 7th March 2012 quote quote all
He does give a fk about money. Most people do, even Messi. hehe

Booey

Original Poster:

7,573 posts

60 months

[news] 
Wednesday 7th March 2012 quote quote all
CIE560 said:
He does give a fk about money. Most people do, even Messi. hehe
In the context of him potentially leaving Barcelona I don't think money is even a factor in his decision. Of course he can earn what he likes.

This is like talking to a woman biggrin



Edited by Booey on Wednesday 7th March 20:53

CIE560

11,614 posts

73 months

[news] 
Wednesday 7th March 2012 quote quote all
Now that was nice. fk me.
Advertisement

CraigMST

3,753 posts

45 months

[news] 
Wednesday 7th March 2012 quote quote all
Unbelievable. Pele's got Messi on the back of his footy top.

Booey

Original Poster:

7,573 posts

60 months

[news] 
Wednesday 7th March 2012 quote quote all
must remember to get out to the nou camp to watch this team.

Anybody been?

CIE560

11,614 posts

73 months

[news] 
Wednesday 7th March 2012 quote quote all
I have. I saw Messi score. biggrin

He had a penalty saved and scored the rebound..... against the mighty Benidorm in the Copa del Rey. The Barca fans were very friendly, especially when they found out we were United fans. smile

pablo

11,438 posts

153 months

[news] 
Wednesday 7th March 2012 quote quote all
speechless.... genuinely speechless....

DukeDickson

3,436 posts

93 months

[news] 
Wednesday 7th March 2012 quote quote all
Booey said:
CIE560 said:
Is that why he's on a reported near 300,000 euros a week? hehe
exactly. will not be tempted with more and is not due a pay cut any time soon
When someone like Yaya Toure can pull down 225,000 euros a week (good player that he is), I'd call 300k for Messi the Sale Of The fking Century!

10k euros per week for every goal a season might be more like it bow

CraigMST

3,753 posts

45 months

[news] 
Wednesday 7th March 2012 quote quote all
CIE560 said:
I have. I saw Messi score. biggrin

He had a penalty saved and scored the rebound..... against the mighty Benidorm in the Copa del Rey. The Barca fans were very friendly, especially when they found out we were United fans. smile
I've been meaning to go. I've been to Barcelona and done the stadium tour.
Where did you get your tickets?
Still 2 or 3 more goals here.

CIE560

11,614 posts

73 months

[news] 
Wednesday 7th March 2012 quote quote all
CraigMST said:
CIE560 said:
I have. I saw Messi score. biggrin

He had a penalty saved and scored the rebound..... against the mighty Benidorm in the Copa del Rey. The Barca fans were very friendly, especially when they found out we were United fans. smile
I've been meaning to go. I've been to Barcelona and done the stadium tour.
Where did you get your tickets?
They were being sold inside the ground about 6 hours before the game or something, but this was in 2008 and a small game. The tickets were only 20 euros for a great seat. I still have it on my wall. biggrin

Well worth going if you can.

CraigMST

3,753 posts

45 months

[news] 
Wednesday 7th March 2012 quote quote all
CIE560 said:
CraigMST said:
CIE560 said:
I have. I saw Messi score. biggrin

He had a penalty saved and scored the rebound..... against the mighty Benidorm in the Copa del Rey. The Barca fans were very friendly, especially when they found out we were United fans. smile
I've been meaning to go. I've been to Barcelona and done the stadium tour.
Where did you get your tickets?
They were being sold inside the ground about 6 hours before the game or something, but this was in 2008 and a small game. The tickets were only 20 euros for a great seat. I still have it on my wall. biggrin

Well worth going if you can.
Definitely will be going. have been pricing the weekend up lately. Seen they were playing Majorca away in 2 weeks time and the flights were peanuts, but they'd be away and it wouldn't be the same as the Nou Camp.

pincher

3,069 posts

97 months

[news] 
Wednesday 7th March 2012 quote quote all
Booey said:
Anybody been?
Did the stadium tour whilst on a stag weekend a few years ago - very impressive place but looking quite tired now, compared to most top Engish grounds (perhaps a little unsurprising, given its age)

Typing this reminds me - some of us were queuing for the stadium tour tickets and some of the others wandered off, only to come back very excited as they had found a queue for Barça versus Real Madrid that night. They went off to queue for tickets and we caught up with them after a while. We left it for a bit before we let them know that they were queueing for the basketball, not the football laugh

Edited by pincher on Wednesday 7th March 21:09

digikal

2,202 posts

29 months

[news] 
Wednesday 7th March 2012 quote quote all
You can get tickets from the Barca website or from cash machines when you are over there, or get the hotel concierge to order in advance for you. Tickets are easy apart from against Real Madrid.

Make sure you are not in a high tier though, players look like matchsticks, well worth paying the extra to get good tickets.

The fact that the stadium is getting old is good, rather have stadiums with character than the souless identikit new stadiums we have in England

Gun

13,121 posts

98 months

[news] 
Wednesday 7th March 2012 quote quote all
12 goals in 7 matches for Messi in the CL this season, fking hell!

Gogoplata

568 posts

40 months

[news] 
Wednesday 7th March 2012 quote quote all
digikal said:
You can get tickets from the Barca website or from cash machines when you are over there, or get the hotel concierge to order in advance for you. Tickets are easy apart from against Real Madrid.

Make sure you are not in a high tier though, players look like matchsticks, well worth paying the extra to get good tickets.

The fact that the stadium is getting old is good, rather have stadiums with character than the souless identikit new stadiums we have in England
^Yup

I work quite a bit in Barcelona and have seen them play countless times. Their memories seem to be a bit hazy when I try to remind them of that Faustino Asprilla hat trick laugh

The beginning of the season is generally an easier time to obtain tickets as the locals are usually still away on holiday & tickets can be bought at the stadium on the day.

CraigMST

3,753 posts

45 months

[news] 
Wednesday 7th March 2012 quote quote all
Gogoplata said:
digikal said:
You can get tickets from the Barca website or from cash machines when you are over there, or get the hotel concierge to order in advance for you. Tickets are easy apart from against Real Madrid.

Make sure you are not in a high tier though, players look like matchsticks, well worth paying the extra to get good tickets.

The fact that the stadium is getting old is good, rather have stadiums with character than the souless identikit new stadiums we have in England
^Yup

I work quite a bit in Barcelona and have seen them play countless times. Their memories seem to be a bit hazy when I try to remind them of that Faustino Asprilla hat trick laugh

The beginning of the season is generally an easier time to obtain tickets as the locals are usually still away on holiday & tickets can be bought at the stadium on the day.
Thanks for that. Would you know any hotels that are reasonably priced in the best areas of Barcelona?
I definitely want to go.
How much would a pretty good ticket be? I've seen CAT2 tickets for about £60 I think.

Gogoplata

568 posts

40 months

[news] 
Wednesday 7th March 2012 quote quote all
CraigMST said:
Thanks for that. Would you know any hotels that are reasonably priced in the best areas of Barcelona?
I definitely want to go.
How much would a pretty good ticket be? I've seen CAT2 tickets for about £60 I think.
http://www.hotelcurious.com/

^ I've stayed at this place before and it was really good value for money, especially for it's location (Just off La Ramblas, but quiet enough). The Camp Nou is about a 10-15min metro ride away. TBH I don't mind the higher seats and I don't really think that there's really a bad seat in the stadium, I'm sure for £60 it should be a good seat but you could probably get one just as good for less.


Edited by Gogoplata on Wednesday 7th March 23:54

digikal

2,202 posts

29 months

[news] 
Wednesday 7th March 2012 quote quote all
CraigMST said:
Thanks for that. Would you know any hotels that are reasonably priced in the best areas of Barcelona?
I definitely want to go.
How much would a pretty good ticket be? I've seen CAT2 tickets for about £60 I think.
Push the boat out and stay in the W! Amazing views

Or here is an alternative


http://www.barcelo.com/BarceloHotels/en-GB/Hotels/...

And a guardian article on cheap barca hotels


http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/2008/may/16/barce...

1
3 4 ... 17 18
Reply to Topic