PistonHeads.com Forum

Greatest goal scored in 20 yrs of the Premiership...

Greatest goal scored in 20 yrs of the Premiership...

Author
Discussion

pincher

4,535 posts

131 months

Tuesday 17th April 2012
quotequote all
m3sye said:
Here you are chaps- end the thread

http://m.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&hl=en-GB&...
Aye - a great goal indeed.
















Just a shame it was in the FA Cup and not the Premiership wink

Hackney

4,856 posts

122 months

Tuesday 17th April 2012
quotequote all
I'd forgotten that football was such a new sport. Only been going for 20 years eh?

Olivera

2,464 posts

153 months

Tuesday 17th April 2012
quotequote all
Yeboah vs Wimbledon was also a corker:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBBnKu5bnCE

Cheib

11,675 posts

89 months

Tuesday 17th April 2012
quotequote all
This one should be in there too...RVP's scissor kick from the edge of the box on the run. Bloody brilliant goal!

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2621484/robin_van_pe...

m3sye

14,762 posts

115 months

Tuesday 17th April 2012
quotequote all
Hackney said:
I'd forgotten that football was such a new sport. Only been going for 20 years eh?
It is according to Sky and Chelsea wink
Advertisement

North West Tom

10,342 posts

91 months

Tuesday 17th April 2012
quotequote all
Cheib said:
This one should be in there too...RVP's scissor kick from the edge of the box on the run. Bloody brilliant goal!

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2621484/robin_van_pe...
Absolute thunderbd. Miles better than Di Canio's.

This is just genius, he properly fools the keeper! Not bad for a defender!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu-cKqqU3Vk

DanX5

399 posts

97 months

Tuesday 17th April 2012
quotequote all
Interesting collection of goals, I was sure some were missing but when I thought about it most were scored in other competitions.

O/T but competition aside this is my number one in memory, last minute in Champions League group stages, needed to win by 2 clear goals to progress, score at 2-1, all the more important when you look back how the season ended up against Milan - up step Steven Gerrard - 'You Beauty!' - makes my hairs stand on end even now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM5XP-Ps7tk

Whilst reminiscing, look at the side we started with in the final vs the Milan side. Just how on earth did Liverpool win!?!

AC Milan:

1-Dida
2-Cafu
31-Jaap Stam
13-Alessandro Nesta
3-Paolo Maldini
8-Gennaro Gattuso
21-Andrea Pirlo
20-Clarence Seedorf
22-Kaka
11-Hernan Crespo
7-Andriy Shevchenko

Liverpool:

1-Jerzy Dudek
3-Steve Finnan
23-Jamie Carragher
4-Sami Hyypia
21-Djimi Traore
10-Luis Garcia
8-Steven Gerrard
14-Xabi Alonso
6-John Arne Riise
7-Harry Kewell
5-Milan Baros



Terzo123

2,219 posts

122 months

Wednesday 18th April 2012
quotequote all
Olivera said:
Yeboah vs Wimbledon was also a corker:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBBnKu5bnCE
Whenever this topic crops up, i think of this goal. Fantastic!

Johnboy Mac

2,666 posts

92 months

Wednesday 18th April 2012
quotequote all

telecat

7,865 posts

155 months

Wednesday 18th April 2012
quotequote all
Rod Wallace's goal versus Spurs in the 93-94 season. Beats everybody from within his own half and places it right in the corner.

Allyc85

6,248 posts

100 months

Wednesday 18th April 2012
quotequote all
Anything by the genius that is Dennis Bergkamp! Did he ever score a tap in or a lucky scuff?

franki68

4,321 posts

135 months

Wednesday 18th April 2012
quotequote all
DanX5 said:
Interesting collection of goals, I was sure some were missing but when I thought about it most were scored in other competitions.

O/T but competition aside this is my number one in memory, last minute in Champions League group stages, needed to win by 2 clear goals to progress, score at 2-1, all the more important when you look back how the season ended up against Milan - up step Steven Gerrard - 'You Beauty!' - makes my hairs stand on end even now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kM5XP-Ps7tk

Whilst reminiscing, look at the side we started with in the final vs the Milan side. Just how on earth did Liverpool win!?!

AC Milan:

1-Dida
2-Cafu
31-Jaap Stam
13-Alessandro Nesta
3-Paolo Maldini
8-Gennaro Gattuso
21-Andrea Pirlo
20-Clarence Seedorf
22-Kaka
11-Hernan Crespo
7-Andriy Shevchenko

Liverpool:

1-Jerzy Dudek
3-Steve Finnan
23-Jamie Carragher
4-Sami Hyypia
21-Djimi Traore
10-Luis Garcia
8-Steven Gerrard
14-Xabi Alonso
6-John Arne Riise
7-Harry Kewell
5-Milan Baros
Liverpool won that because the ref had a total disaster ,at 3-0 down kaka goes past hypia on the edge of the area straight through on goal ,hypia hauls him down ,straight red card,but no,ref doesnt even book him,then the first liverpool goal there is an offside in the buildup which the linesman flags but the ref ignores,the penalty was a blatant dive ...everything went liverpools way that night ,even so it was miraculous to get anything out of a game where liverpool were so totally outplayed.The football gods were smiling on liverpool that night.

franki68

4,321 posts

135 months

Wednesday 18th April 2012
quotequote all
telecat said:
Rod Wallace's goal versus Spurs in the 93-94 season. Beats everybody from within his own half and places it right in the corner.
utter brilliance that goal,as was this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEBuxDDBRtU

Jw Vw

4,460 posts

77 months

Wednesday 18th April 2012
quotequote all
Matt Le Tissier 93/94 and Bergkamp's are the two best IMO.

Olivera

2,464 posts

153 months

Wednesday 18th April 2012
quotequote all
DanX5 said:
Liverpool:

...
21-Djimi Traore
...
biglaugh

peteA

2,090 posts

148 months

Thursday 19th April 2012
quotequote all
Laurent Roberts volley against spurs a few years ago....stunning. In fact...didn't he score a long range free kick too...?

so called

6,431 posts

123 months

Thursday 19th April 2012
quotequote all
franki68 said:
utter brilliance that goal,as was this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEBuxDDBRtU
That Scholsey goal is my favorite as well. Totally balanced and effertless power.

deadmau5

3,181 posts

94 months

Friday 20th April 2012
quotequote all
Olivera said:
DanX5 said:
Liverpool:

...
21-Djimi Traore
...
biglaugh
What are you laughing at...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJrmGqqdDm0

Nom de ploom

4,318 posts

88 months

Friday 20th April 2012
quotequote all
Loads to mention and hard to pick "The Best" there have been alot since Di canio, for me...

Le tissier witht he filck shimmy lob.
Cantona - loads to go at but V QPR showed united at their best (commentator - "he's decided to go it alone...pretty good decision too"). free kick v. arsenal or chip v sunderland.
Rooney V. newcastle - volley after arguing with the ref!
Rooney overhead V. city
Kanu - back heel flick v. 'boro or his sublime touchline shot v chelsea?
Di Canio obviously
Jeremy Goss volley Norwich v. Leeds (even the Kop applauded that one)
Yeboah Leeds v. wimbledon
Beckham United v. wimbledon from half way line
Giggs run and near post shot v. chelsea
Bergkamp V. Leicseter (almost carbon copy of his world cup goal from the other side iirc)
Not sure who scored it bit Leeds v. man city iir Rocastle took it past three or four players to cross for ?
Scholes Volley from corner v. Bradford, scholes volley v Villa

Henry - where to start?
shearer volley for blackburn v southampton? run down the right wing and cross...free kick v? where he absolutely leathered the ball - hardest ever shot in the prem?

like I said...loads


pimpin gimp

1,966 posts

114 months

Saturday 21st April 2012
quotequote all
DanX5 said:
. Just how on earth did Liverpool win!?!


8-Steven Gerrard
Basically, he's a cheat.