Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
1 2
4 5 ... 26 27
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

Andyjc86

590 posts

34 months

[news] 
Saturday 18th August 2012 quote quote all
Couldn't have asked for a better start than that. We have one of the lowest budgets in the league so as long as we're not fighting pompy for the bottom spot then I'm happy

hesnotthemessiah

2,121 posts

89 months

[news] 
Saturday 18th August 2012 quote quote all
Murph7355 said:
Sheff Utd fan.

Totally expecting the usual form of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory once more.

I would imagine very poor odds at the bookies for the Blades not making the top 6, or even the top 2. I'll go for play offs before then slipping up.
Another Blade checking in.

Yep, your prediction sounds about right.

Tyre Smoke

9,667 posts

146 months

[news] 
Sunday 19th August 2012 quote quote all
Argyle were shocking against a poor Aldershot. The ref didn't help, but a bad start. It can only get better. Roll on Tuesday and the Daggers.

DeanoM12

488 posts

106 months

[news] 
Tuesday 21st August 2012 quote quote all
Little Dave said:
I really hope that Swindon do not run away with it, not that I have anything against them but one of the guys I work with is an avid Swindon fan. He took much joy seeing Crawley succumb their lead last season and even more joy taking 6 points of us. It was very painful having to buy him a beer at the Broadfield after an embarrassing 3-0 defeat.
Hi Dave....I suspect tomorrow at work is going to be another painful one???? hehethumbup

Little Dave

698 posts

94 months

[news] 
Wednesday 22nd August 2012 quote quote all
DeanoM12 said:
Hi Dave....I suspect tomorrow at work is going to be another painful one???? hehethumbup
Fortunately he is on holiday this week however I did get a number of smug texts off him last night. In a way I guess I deserved some stick. I sent him a text on Saturday gloating that Crawley were top and Swindon were down in 18th.

I have to say that Swindons home record is very impressive - one goal conceded in 18 games??

Crawley will show that they are not out of their depth in League 1. A comprehensive victory on Saturday and a good result in the Cup against Millwall the previous week. I think we will be mid table and may even challenge for a play off spot.
Advertisement

tj2002

463 posts

78 months

[news] 
Wednesday 22nd August 2012 quote quote all
Another 3-0 win against Crawley, thats the 3rd time on the trot. And they say good things come in threes!

I live in Manchester and mostly watch the town when we're away in the North but the last time we lost at home was the last time I went down to the County Ground for a game, August 21 2011.

MK Dons at home on Saturday will be a test of that record and of our ambitions for this season. COYR!

Boydie88

Original Poster:

1,356 posts

34 months

[news] 
Wednesday 22nd August 2012 quote quote all
Sounded like a very routine 1-0 win at the Orient for us last night.

Oldham away Saturday, I'd take a draw. Our home form has been good too. Last defeat was to Orient on Jan 2nd - Still not lost a league game from a winning position since Dec 1 2009 (the only team to beat us from a losing position since then was Spurs in the FA Cup!).

Even better - we actually went 2 years without ever losing a game we scored in.

Edited by Boydie88 on Wednesday 22 August 16:15

BraveSirRobin

679 posts

167 months

[news] 
Sunday 26th August 2012 quote quote all
First managerial casualty of the new season - Andy Thorn sacked by Coventry...

DeanoM12

488 posts

106 months

[news] 
Sunday 26th August 2012 quote quote all
tj2002 said:
Another 3-0 win against Crawley, thats the 3rd time on the trot. And they say good things come in threes!

I live in Manchester and mostly watch the town when we're away in the North but the last time we lost at home was the last time I went down to the County Ground for a game, August 21 2011.

MK Dons at home on Saturday will be a test of that record and of our ambitions for this season. COYR!
Another good win Saturday, and still no goals conceaded in the league so far. Lets hope they can keep this momentum going. Stoke on Tuesday smile A little cup run is always good, but obviously the focus is on the league. COYR

Good result for Crawley too...left it late though!!

Smart Mart

5,560 posts

100 months

[news] 
Sunday 26th August 2012 quote quote all
Yeovil Town fan of forty years here, loving the fact that, temporarily at least, we top League One right now!!

I also work for the club writing match reports for the website, write and co-edit the programme and I'm also writing a book in the next twelve months about the club.

Have bookmarked the thread for regular returns as we (possibly) slip down the division....

Little Dave

698 posts

94 months

[news] 
Monday 27th August 2012 quote quote all
DeanoM12 said:
tj2002 said:
Another 3-0 win against Crawley, thats the 3rd time on the trot. And they say good things come in threes!


Good result for Crawley too...left it late though!!
Better late than never

I sincerely hope we beat you at the Broadfield in February!

shakermikee

395 posts

40 months

[news] 
Tuesday 28th August 2012 quote quote all
BraveSirRobin said:
First managerial casualty of the new season - Andy Thorn sacked by Coventry...
... after the mighty shakers came back from 2 goals down to take a well earned point.

There's something about being beaten by Bury (or having a likely win taken away) that's cost quite a few managers there jobs. It's as if losing out to Bury is the final straw biggrin

Smart Mart

5,560 posts

100 months

[news] 
Tuesday 28th August 2012 quote quote all
shakermikee said:
... after the mighty shakers came back from 2 goals down to take a well earned point.

There's something about being beaten by Bury (or having a likely win taken away) that's cost quite a few managers there jobs. It's as if losing out to Bury is the final straw biggrin
Hi Mikee,

We at Yeovil seemed to have that hoodoo on managers a couple of seasons back. Like you said, it was almost the ultimate in embarrassment that a little club like ours turned them over. Therefore the manager must go.

To cap it all, we played Coventry the week before you!!

Little Dave

698 posts

94 months

[news] 
Tuesday 28th August 2012 quote quote all
Off to the Broadfield tonight to see Crawley take on Bolton.Can't see Bolton playing their best squad tonight so could be interesting.

chimster

1,681 posts

94 months

[news] 
Tuesday 28th August 2012 quote quote all
First time I have been on a thread with 2 Bury fans on. Magic. Great result for us on Saturday coming back against Cov. Would like to think that we get to mid table. Lost our manager to Crawley so we are are probably going to let our Asst Shirty have a go. David Healy has joind us so really excited about that too biggrin

shakermikee

395 posts

40 months

[news] 
Tuesday 28th August 2012 quote quote all
Smart Mart said:
Hi Mikee,

We at Yeovil seemed to have that hoodoo on managers a couple of seasons back. Like you said, it was almost the ultimate in embarrassment that a little club like ours turned them over. Therefore the manager must go.

To cap it all, we played Coventry the week before you!!
Top result for your lads at weekend and particularly liked who it was against.

Our manager (Knill) deserted us with 8 matches to go in a play off position to go to Shorpe taking his assistant and GK coach with him. Probably the best thing that happened to us as Richie Barker (now doing well at Crawley) and the players spurred on at losing the manager, got us over the line - winning the first 6 games after he left.

Good luck for the rest of the season.

shakermikee

395 posts

40 months

[news] 
Tuesday 28th August 2012 quote quote all
chimster said:
First time I have been on a thread with 2 Bury fans on. Magic. Great result for us on Saturday coming back against Cov. Would like to think that we get to mid table. Lost our manager to Crawley so we are are probably going to let our Asst Shirty have a go. David Healy has joind us so really excited about that too biggrin
Top comeback and indeed exciting times to be a Bury fan, it's been an enjoyable last few seasons.

Think the Healy signing and Byrne are good news and would be happy to see Shirty given the job for teh season, seems to have the backing of the players and the board.

Looking forward to the PNE match in a fortnight and atmosphere surrounding Healy, I hear they aren't his biggest fan biggrin

Smart Mart

5,560 posts

100 months

[news] 
Tuesday 28th August 2012 quote quote all
shakermikee said:
Top result for your lads at weekend and particularly liked who it was against.

Our manager (Knill) deserted us with 8 matches to go in a play off position to go to Shorpe taking his assistant and GK coach with him. Probably the best thing that happened to us as Richie Barker (now doing well at Crawley) and the players spurred on at losing the manager, got us over the line - winning the first 6 games after he left.

Good luck for the rest of the season.
Good luck to you and yours. I hope you're looking after the legendary Efe Sodje for us.... rofl

Knill could be on a sticky wicket up there. I didn't go on Saturday but reports said they were woeful and booed off the pitch at the end. They are a similar sized club to us albeit they have a bigger catchment area to choose from but never really liked them for some reason.

jayfrancis

250 posts

93 months

[news] 
Tuesday 28th August 2012 quote quote all
Gashead here. (Bristol Rovers)

I'm feeling slightly annoyed after the events at Wycombe at the weekend. We were 3-1 up when some over officious H&E officer decided to abandon the game part way through the second half because lightening allegedly struck the stand the Rovers fans were in. It might sound like sour grapes but I'm pretty sure it would of been a different outcome if the scoreline was the other way around.

I guess we'll have to accept the decision and get up there and kick their backsides a second time.

Any WWFC fans on here like to air their views?

DeanoM12

488 posts

106 months

[news] 
Tuesday 28th August 2012 quote quote all
Damn straight Dave. I'd take late victories all season long if needs be smile I'm sure you boys will be right up there in the mix come the end of the season. Roll on feb for the next clash!!

And good luck to all the other under dogs tonight thumbup
1 2
4 5 ... 26 27
Reply to Topic