PistonHeads.com Forum

NFFC

Author
Discussion

Tyre Smoke

9,762 posts

158 months

Thursday 23rd November 2006
quotequote all
antony moxey said:
billb said:
theyve always been a footballing side so deserve to be in the top flight.


<sigh> The only time they'll deserve to be there is after two promotions...

And aren't all football teams, by default, 'footballing sides'? I mean, as opposed to what, cricketing sides, snookering sides, swimming sides?


Oh my god! I'm in agreement with an Exeter fan!

Absolutely right Mr Moxey, you yourself could argue that Exeter 'deserves' to be fighting Plymouth in the Championship, but the harsh truth is, Exeter just aren't good enough. NFFC are just a bunch of has beens. Leeds anyone? Too big for relegation rofl

Just like Triang, Hornby, Airfix, Meccano - used to be big once, not any more.

antony moxey

2,243 posts

116 months

Thursday 23rd November 2006
quotequote all
Tyre Smoke said:
Absolutely right Mr Moxey, you yourself could argue that Exeter 'deserves' to be fighting Plymouth in the Championship,


Nah - what makes you think we'd ever be interested in that..

Tyre Smoke

9,762 posts

158 months

Thursday 23rd November 2006
quotequote all
Hijack!

Are you any relation to the Moxey that turns out for Exeter?

antony moxey

2,243 posts

116 months

Thursday 23rd November 2006
quotequote all
No, none. I did bask in a bit of reflected glory by sponsoring his shirt for a couple of seasons though..hehe

SuPaSpArK

2,103 posts

135 months

Thursday 23rd November 2006
quotequote all
Tyre Smoke said:
NFFC are just a bunch of has beens.


Errr....6 pionts clear and on the way up.....any more of that talk Rich and I'll be slashing the tyres on the cerb (If you still have it!)
thumbup

Edited by SuPaSpArK on Thursday 23 November 17:23

Tyre Smoke

9,762 posts

158 months

Thursday 23rd November 2006
quotequote all
SuPaSpArK said:
Tyre Smoke said:
NFFC are just a bunch of has beens.


Errr....6 pionts clear and on the way up.....any more of that talk Rich and I'll be slashing the tyres on the cerb (If you still have it!)
thumbup

Edited by SuPaSpArK on Thursday 23 November 17:23


Alright then, a bunch of has beens doing well at the moment

Yes, still have it.

SuPaSpArK

2,103 posts

135 months

Thursday 23rd November 2006
quotequote all
Rich, your Cerb came up in conversation Tuesday night during the PH meet at Oakethorpe "How sweet it sounds"
I've lost that thread to the Kuntari flags video to proove the point
Post it up youth......
Glyn.

Found it: www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4qRlwoYj5M

Edited by SuPaSpArK on Thursday 23 November 21:43

billb

3,198 posts

162 months

Friday 24th November 2006
quotequote all
antony moxey said:
billb said:
theyve always been a footballing side so deserve to be in the top flight.


<sigh> The only time they'll deserve to be there is after two promotions...

And aren't all football teams, by default, 'footballing sides'? I mean, as opposed to what, cricketing sides, snookering sides, swimming sides?



eeerm no if youve seen decent football it is a joy to behold a passing game not a hoof it over the top like some teams do. True we only deserve to be there after 2 promotions but at least forest on the whole try and do it properly by playing entertaining football ( hence why we have c 22,000 home crowd in division 1 ) and not buying our way to success. No one has a right to the top flight but I think the premiership would benefit having a club like forest in the style we play, our ethos and our history. compared to say charlton or some other non descript team ( sorry charlton fans ). id rather see leeds versus forest say ij the top flight with the history and rivalry of the clubs than say watford vs charlton and I think so would a lot of people.

Tyre Smoke

9,762 posts

158 months

Friday 24th November 2006
quotequote all
More likely to see Forest Vs Leeds in League 1 rofl

billb

3,198 posts

162 months

Friday 24th November 2006
quotequote all
Tyre Smoke said:
More likely to see Forest Vs Leeds in League 1 rofl


and a far better game it'll be than them premiership diving nancy boys

R TOY

1,587 posts

125 months

Tuesday 28th November 2006
quotequote all
Doesnt seem that long ago i was watching Forest in the Prem, getting stuffed every week tho!! It all went wrong when Kevin Cambell sodded of to Turkey or somewhere and that dutch prik Vanhooydonk (poss typo) threw a stropp and wouldnt come back after the 98? worldcup. They had taken the championship (or div1)title by storm and then lost their key players. Forest have certainly had their share of bad luck but now 'we're' on the up.
See you at the City Ground bow
(tuscan parked opposite mcds)

billb

3,198 posts

162 months

Thursday 30th November 2006
quotequote all
satch said:
couldn't beat the mighty millers though

yay


concentrating on league etc etc

SuPaSpArK

2,103 posts

135 months

Thursday 30th November 2006
quotequote all
billb said:
satch said:
couldn't beat the mighty millers though

yay


concentrating on league etc etc


I'll go with that

billb

3,198 posts

162 months

Friday 1st December 2006
quotequote all
bbc1 1.10 sunday what an epic match to look forward to

boobles

Original Poster:

14,271 posts

112 months

Saturday 2nd December 2006
quotequote all
If any of the forest fans on here ever see a deep purple s1 elise parked at the city ground, then thats probably me so please come & say hi.. thumbup


I couldnt get tickets for the salisbury game & i only live 15 mins drive from the salisbury stadium. cry

billb

3,198 posts

162 months

Wednesday 6th December 2006
quotequote all
boobles said:
If any of the forest fans on here ever see a deep purple s1 elise parked at the city ground, then thats probably me so please come & say hi.. thumbup


I couldnt get tickets for the salisbury game & i only live 15 mins drive from the salisbury stadium. cry


perhaps just as well not a good week!

boobles

Original Poster:

14,271 posts

112 months

Wednesday 6th December 2006
quotequote all
Innit but ive just ordered my tickets for the re-match at the city ground & cant see salisbury getting anything there thb.

GBS2K

4,045 posts

105 months

Thursday 7th December 2006
quotequote all
I'd sign a petition that says Forest should never be on TV again!!!!
We never do ourselves justice (Accrington Stanley, Salisbury), and people's only impression is of us struggling against so-called part timers. And a referee.

Anyway, obviously no-one deserves to be in the Premiership unless they win lots of games etc. etc. Hopefully we'll keep going and get promotion, we've got a good manager a team of has beens and never will-bes much the same as when we won two European Cups.

One last thing which shows just how football has changed in the last 25 years. When Arsenal broke Forest's record of 42 games unbeaten, the difference was when Forest did it any other team in the division could have afforded their players.

boobles

Original Poster:

14,271 posts

112 months

Thursday 7th December 2006
quotequote all
I will always support the mighty reds nomatter what league we are in!

R TOY

1,587 posts

125 months

Friday 8th December 2006
quotequote all
GBS2K said:
I'd sign a petition that says Forest should never be on TV again!!!!
We never do ourselves justice (
.


Yep, I'd sign up for that, Its not only the tele'd game but the next couple as well. (eg.. Bournmouth)

(You know you've made the big time when you have to keep above Shorpe to win the league)
iron fans please note that a reminder of 'that score' is not required

Also please note that Ph censored Shorpe, not me

Edited by R TOY on Friday 8th December 22:50