PistonHeads.com Forum

The Official Chelsea Champions of Europe thread

The Official Chelsea Champions of Europe thread

TOPIC CLOSED
TOPIC CLOSED
Author
Discussion

southendpier

3,749 posts

133 months

Wednesday 25th April 2012
quotequote all
shame jt will miss the fun.

so called

5,762 posts

113 months

Wednesday 25th April 2012
quotequote all
Congrats to Chelsea. I was hoping that you would get through.
Terry's a tit though.
A Manu fan.

F1GTRUeno

2,861 posts

122 months

Wednesday 25th April 2012
quotequote all
essexplumber said:
I've said all along that Lionel Messi would not get as many goals against EPL defenders
Scored in the final last year against United, and in 09 against United.

Put 4 past Arsenal in one match.

Not sure your argument holds weight, he just can't seem to score against Chelsea, no matter what he does.

Bottled it tonight though.

Wadeski

6,402 posts

117 months

Wednesday 25th April 2012
quotequote all
The schedule sure is tight for the next few weeks. a couple of home games, then Liverpool twice, then the CL final. Last thing we need is more injuries.

God knows who we will field in Germany with the suspensions (its gutting we wont be putting out a full team, it feels like a pre-written excuse for another heartbreaking result) but the way Ramires, Iva, and our strikers are playing in big games gives me a LOT more confidence for the FA cup.

HeatonNorris

1,649 posts

52 months

Wednesday 25th April 2012
quotequote all
Big E 118 said:
So 2-0 down against Barca, 10 men on the pitch, goal in the last minute of the first half, penalty missed by Messi 3 minutes into the second half and then goal by Torres in 90th minute plus. I'm sure you could have predicted that....
Great result, not a great game.

Hoofing it to the big man up front and hoping for the best when you've been played off the park... No doubt it can be effective, but it's bloody awful to watch.
Advertisement

garrykiller

5,327 posts

62 months

Wednesday 25th April 2012
quotequote all
what a night! fabulous stuff from chelsea. gritted, dug in deep came back from 2-0 down with 10 men against the best team in the world on their own soil, and scoring two fabulous goals as well. bring on the final!

negatives though have to be that we will not have Invanovic, TJ or Ramieres in the final.



Edited by garrykiller on Wednesday 25th April 06:21

Black can man

20,593 posts

72 months

Wednesday 25th April 2012
quotequote all
m3sye said:
John Terry has stupidly got himself sent off at the Nou Camp. Coincidentally Gerard Pique is in hospital and Shakira is home alone.
Very good hehe

Alfahorn

6,889 posts

112 months

Wednesday 25th April 2012
quotequote all
968 said:
HeatonNorris said:
Reality check here.... If anyone other than an English side had played with the Chelsea tactics over 2 legs, we'd be slating them.

Well done to Chelsea for having the audacity to play like Stoke City in a European semi, it's a great result, but it was bloody awful and cynical stuff out there tonight.
Nonsense.

Any team that would try and play Barca at their own game at the Nou Camp would be committing suicide.
We've (Arsenal) tried it twice and got gubbed both times, I think Chavski got their tactics just right.

Black can man

20,593 posts

72 months

Wednesday 25th April 2012
quotequote all
Credit where credits due , Chelsea were terrific last night ,Kind of reminded me of the great Liverpool sides carrying the flag in the late 80's early 90's . I was cheering them on from early doors & even jumped up & tried kick the ball in for Torres , I feel so ashamed now that i'm sober !

Well done you deserve all the adulation this morning

garrykiller

5,327 posts

62 months

Wednesday 25th April 2012
quotequote all
And Kalou's statistics continue. Chelsea has not lost a game when he has been on the pitch this season.

BuzzLightyear

1,426 posts

86 months

Wednesday 25th April 2012
quotequote all
I don't think anybody would say we played Mourinho's idea of the beautiful game but it was always going to be a tactical game for Chelsea, despite a 1-0 advantage from the first leg, and DiMatteo got it right.

We managed to drag out a hard victory under extreme pressure against all the odds.

DD, Ramires particularly worthy of praise. JT, not so much. smile

Vee

2,748 posts

138 months

Wednesday 25th April 2012
quotequote all
Alfahorn said:
968 said:
HeatonNorris said:
Reality check here.... If anyone other than an English side had played with the Chelsea tactics over 2 legs, we'd be slating them.

Well done to Chelsea for having the audacity to play like Stoke City in a European semi, it's a great result, but it was bloody awful and cynical stuff out there tonight.
Nonsense.

Any team that would try and play Barca at their own game at the Nou Camp would be committing suicide.
We've (Arsenal) tried it twice and got gubbed both times, I think Chavski got their tactics just right.
Agreed lets not forget that Chelsea were only a minute away from it 3 years ago.

LFC fan here, genuinely well done to Chelsea.
They're probably the only English side that can play the type of football that can beat Barcelona (witness Utd and Arsenal get outplayed in recent years). Ugly yes but all that counts is the result.

obob

4,193 posts

98 months

Wednesday 25th April 2012
quotequote all
The Torres goal was just on BBC news. I'm still laughing at Gary neville's noose.

E38Ross

17,436 posts

116 months

Wednesday 25th April 2012
quotequote all
just seen JT foul on youtube.

WTF was he thinking?!?!?!!? what a tt!

McClure

2,172 posts

50 months

Wednesday 25th April 2012
quotequote all
HeatonNorris said:
Big E 118 said:
Back from the pub, one of the best games I've ever seen! Come on you Blues...
Did you only start wathing football at 7.45pm today?
laugh

bitchstewie

12,155 posts

114 months

Wednesday 25th April 2012
quotequote all
As good and effective as Chelsea were last night, it was also interesting to see Barcelona struggle.

They are a fantastic passing team, but they simply don't have a "Plan B" when they can't get through you.

It was a bit like watching a wasp trying to get through a slightly open window and it just keeps on flying into the glass because it doesn't know to try anything different.

E38Ross

17,436 posts

116 months

Wednesday 25th April 2012
quotequote all
betfair chaps - as you know i put 2x£10 bets on last night and my net profit was around £19 something so i now have £29 something in the account. trying to transfer this back into my bank account but it seems to only want to let me do £20 at most? any ideas why?

i just fking wish torres hadn't have scored then i'd have been massively up but hey ho.

dickymint

12,814 posts

162 months

Wednesday 25th April 2012
quotequote all
E38Ross said:
betfair chaps - as you know i put 2x£10 bets on last night and my net profit was around £19 something so i now have £29 something in the account. trying to transfer this back into my bank account but it seems to only want to let me do £20 at most? any ideas why?

i just fking wish torres hadn't have scored then i'd have been massively up but hey ho.
Did you use a "free" bet? If so you don't get your stake back.

E38Ross

17,436 posts

116 months

Wednesday 25th April 2012
quotequote all
dickymint said:
E38Ross said:
betfair chaps - as you know i put 2x£10 bets on last night and my net profit was around £19 something so i now have £29 something in the account. trying to transfer this back into my bank account but it seems to only want to let me do £20 at most? any ideas why?

i just fking wish torres hadn't have scored then i'd have been massively up but hey ho.
Did you use a "free" bet? If so you don't get your stake back.
it's letting me have my £20 back, but not the £9 i got in profit. does that mean to get that £9 i have to bet on something else and win before i can put it back into my account?

cheers

Jimbo NW

681 posts

81 months

Wednesday 25th April 2012
quotequote all
Do you lads believe Di mattio is here to stay now? Or relying on the old guard that AVB was trying to irradicate?
Either way good to see an English team in the final well done.
TOPIC CLOSED
TOPIC CLOSED