Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
1 2
4 5 ... 9 10
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

Uhura fighter

7,018 posts

70 months

[news] 
Friday 29th October 2010 quote quote all
tonker said:
Liverpool will need to get all 3 and their defence is suspect.
You haven't lost at home this season, so have the games been tight or are you much happier at home?

tonker

47,145 posts

135 months

[news] 
Friday 29th October 2010 quote quote all
Uhura fighter said:
tonker said:
Liverpool will need to get all 3 and their defence is suspect.
You haven't lost at home this season, so have the games been tight or are you much happier at home?
you'll see that until the other week, we hadn't won either ! Coyle is being pragmatic - don't lose...... - we've been less than completely adventurous, but I suspect that our physical side in certain places may upset some fancy dans who believe they are better than that and shouldn't have to be subject to being challenged...... (or at least I am hoping so.... smile )

Uhura fighter

7,018 posts

70 months

[news] 
Sunday 31st October 2010 quote quote all
We got lucky to take all three points. Not a bad bunch of players you are building now and playing "better" football.

Blue Meanie

73,668 posts

142 months

[news] 
Sunday 31st October 2010 quote quote all
Yup... I thought if anyone was going to Nick it it was Notlob. Still, played well.

y2johnny

Original Poster:

397 posts

61 months

[news] 
Monday 1st November 2010 quote quote all
we are definitely playing better football, and i think it all comes down to having belief in the manager more than anything.

Gutted to have not got at least a point but one playert i don't think has been mentioned so far and is my player of the season so far is Stuart Holden. The guy never stops running. He's like the energizer bunny!!!!!

I thought Matty taylor had a good game because he had something to prove and all round really we did quite well.

Liverpool will be building some good momentum now i think and i only wish we had played them a week earlier before the blackburn game. Torred aint half a woman though. I think he needs a good slap and dropping in favour of Ngog so he stops acting like a prima donna all the time!

Anyway, 3 points lost but still lots of positives.

Advertisement

Uhura fighter

7,018 posts

70 months

[news] 
Monday 1st November 2010 quote quote all
I didn't think you had a shout for a pen but on another day it might have been given....

Some talk this morning that Bolton would have done better with a more potent striker/forward/attacking midfileder. Given that Nolan got three for the toon, do you all regret his sale?


Mitchmachine

395 posts

59 months

[news] 
Monday 1st November 2010 quote quote all
Uhura fighter said:
I didn't think you had a shout for a pen but on another day it might have been given....

Some talk this morning that Bolton would have done better with a more potent striker/forward/attacking midfileder. Given that Nolan got three for the toon, do you all regret his sale?
I do, we've not had a midfielder as potent since. Given at the time we sold him he was not playing his best and was out of touch but we sold him for next to nothing and I for one am still bitter.

Stuart Holden had another good game but needs to get a bit further up the pitch for me.

y2johnny

Original Poster:

397 posts

61 months

[news] 
Monday 1st November 2010 quote quote all
Uhura fighter said:
I didn't think you had a shout for a pen but on another day it might have been given....

Some talk this morning that Bolton would have done better with a more potent striker/forward/attacking midfileder. Given that Nolan got three for the toon, do you all regret his sale?
i've always regretted it. i think he is quality through and through! had a couple of i wouldn't say bad but average seasons with us! Which if he weren't the captain i don't think people would have jumped on him as quick! I think he is definitely looking a lot better now and the move is probably just what he needed!

tonker

47,145 posts

135 months

[news] 
Tuesday 2nd November 2010 quote quote all
Nolan's issue was the 18 months he spent doing strippers in Preston instead of concentrating on his game. smile He was mediocre for almost 2 seasons.

He's grown up a lot and is a very good attacking midfielder, he works very well and is a very intelligent player - just about everything creative that Bolton did then that required quick thinking (apart from the JayJay party pieces) was down to him.... he went without any animosity from the fans and all told, good luck to him.

tonker

47,145 posts

135 months

[news] 
Saturday 20th November 2010 quote quote all
another 5 lucky breakaways and mists..... - OK, we'll not finish in a Champeeyuns Leeg spot or even a UEFA spot, but we're getting further away from the bottom three.... and have handed out another spanking today....

essexplumber

7,405 posts

60 months

[news] 
Saturday 20th November 2010 quote quote all
tonker said:
another 5 lucky breakaways and mists..... - OK, we'll not finish in a Champeeyuns Leeg spot or even a UEFA spot, but we're getting further away from the bottom three.... and have handed out another spanking today....
You lot are on fire, well done from a yid.

Skylinecrazy

13,181 posts

81 months

[news] 
Saturday 20th November 2010 quote quote all
tonker said:
another 5 lucky breakaways and mists..... - OK, we'll not finish in a Champeeyuns Leeg spot or even a UEFA spot, but we're getting further away from the bottom three.... and have handed out another spanking today....
Why do you not think you'll finish in a UEFA cup spot Tonks?

Liverpool are in meltdown, Villa don't look too good.

6th or 7th may be achievable this season.


tonker

47,145 posts

135 months

[news] 
Saturday 20th November 2010 quote quote all
we have 90m of debt. Cahill and Lee to leave in January for a combined 25M - plus about £5M for Elmander I guess - nearly out of contract, so he will go in January. Then we will tank.

That will cut £4M of next year's wage bill, debt service by a couple of million and, once we've shifted another 4 or 5 out then the debt will be down by 30M next year, BUT, it will hurt us on the pitch

Uhura fighter

7,018 posts

70 months

[news] 
Saturday 20th November 2010 quote quote all
Skylinecrazy said:
tonker said:
another 5 lucky breakaways and mists..... - OK, we'll not finish in a Champeeyuns Leeg spot or even a UEFA spot, but we're getting further away from the bottom three.... and have handed out another spanking today....
Why do you not think you'll finish in a UEFA cup spot Tonks?

Liverpool are in meltdown, Villa don't look too good.

6th or 7th may be achievable this season.
Meltdown?

Bolton last 6:
3 won, 1 lost, 2 drew.
Liverpool last 6
4 won, 1 lost, 1 drew.

You sure you have that right?

Skylinecrazy

13,181 posts

81 months

[news] 
Saturday 20th November 2010 quote quote all
Uhura fighter said:
Skylinecrazy said:
tonker said:
another 5 lucky breakaways and mists..... - OK, we'll not finish in a Champeeyuns Leeg spot or even a UEFA spot, but we're getting further away from the bottom three.... and have handed out another spanking today....
Why do you not think you'll finish in a UEFA cup spot Tonks?

Liverpool are in meltdown, Villa don't look too good.

6th or 7th may be achievable this season.
Meltdown?

Bolton last 6:
3 won, 1 lost, 2 drew.
Liverpool last 6
4 won, 1 lost, 1 drew.

You sure you have that right?
You were challenging for the title two seasons ago.


Uhura fighter

7,018 posts

70 months

[news] 
Saturday 20th November 2010 quote quote all
Skylinecrazy said:
Uhura fighter said:
Skylinecrazy said:
tonker said:
another 5 lucky breakaways and mists..... - OK, we'll not finish in a Champeeyuns Leeg spot or even a UEFA spot, but we're getting further away from the bottom three.... and have handed out another spanking today....
Why do you not think you'll finish in a UEFA cup spot Tonks?

Liverpool are in meltdown, Villa don't look too good.

6th or 7th may be achievable this season.
Meltdown?

Bolton last 6:
3 won, 1 lost, 2 drew.
Liverpool last 6
4 won, 1 lost, 1 drew.

You sure you have that right?
You were challenging for the title two seasons ago.
Yes, but that isn't going to help Bolton get in Europe. What happens this season will. We are st but we aren't in meltdown. smile

Good luck to Bolton, I hope they do well.

R1 Loon

19,467 posts

64 months

[news] 
Saturday 20th November 2010 quote quote all
Uhura fighter said:
Meltdown?

Bolton last 6:
3 won, 1 lost, 2 drew.
Liverpool last 6
4 won, 1 lost, 1 drew.

You sure you have that right?
Oh how the mighty have fallen, Liverpool claiming the upperhand on the football giants that are Bolton Wanderers (and by one whole point at that)laugh

Uhura fighter

7,018 posts

70 months

[news] 
Saturday 20th November 2010 quote quote all
R1 Loon said:
Uhura fighter said:
Meltdown?

Bolton last 6:
3 won, 1 lost, 2 drew.
Liverpool last 6
4 won, 1 lost, 1 drew.

You sure you have that right?
Oh how the mighty have fallen, Liverpool claiming the upperhand on the football giants that are Bolton Wanderers (and by one whole point at that)laugh
WTF?

In the post above I say we are st, we are. We are not in meltdown which is what the post was about. If you had quoted the post rather than just part of it you might have seen that.

Loon is about right rolleyes

Skylinecrazy

13,181 posts

81 months

[news] 
Saturday 20th November 2010 quote quote all
Uhura fighter said:
Skylinecrazy said:
Uhura fighter said:
Skylinecrazy said:
tonker said:
another 5 lucky breakaways and mists..... - OK, we'll not finish in a Champeeyuns Leeg spot or even a UEFA spot, but we're getting further away from the bottom three.... and have handed out another spanking today....
Why do you not think you'll finish in a UEFA cup spot Tonks?

Liverpool are in meltdown, Villa don't look too good.

6th or 7th may be achievable this season.
Meltdown?

Bolton last 6:
3 won, 1 lost, 2 drew.
Liverpool last 6
4 won, 1 lost, 1 drew.

You sure you have that right?
You were challenging for the title two seasons ago.
Yes, but that isn't going to help Bolton get in Europe. What happens this season will. We are st but we aren't in meltdown. smile

Good luck to Bolton, I hope they do well.
True.

But I don't see many teams better than Bolton this season apart from the obvious 5.

Who do you think will end up in the UEFA places?


Uhura fighter

7,018 posts

70 months

[news] 
Saturday 20th November 2010 quote quote all
Skylinecrazy said:
.......But I don't see many teams better than Bolton this season apart from the obvious 5.

Who do you think will end up in the UEFA places?
I do think Bolton have a chance, Everton have a good bunch of players, City or Spurs will be in CL or Europa, LFC have a chance and perhaps some money to spend.

Villa, Sunderland, Birmingham I don't think will make it but they could turn things around and go on a run.

It is a hard season to call, Spurs could go on a run in the CL which might be a problem for them in the league - they don't get many results after a mid-week game.

Ask me after new year hehe
1 2
4 5 ... 9 10
Reply to Topic