Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
1
3
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

paulmoonraker

2,654 posts

48 months

[news] 
Monday 1st October 2012 quote quote all
cheesesliceking said:
Cheers buddy, so it seems he might not really know all about it, damn it.

One additional question if you have a sec, does it look like the original OEM standard rear CAT without its heat shield on?
I have never seen one without the heat shield on, so could not say for sure. But I would hazard a guess and say yes wink I just can't understand why you would have a cat there unless you had got rid of the downpipe cat and wanted a sports cat on that section of pipe (and these do exist). Prodrive however either kept the downpipe cat or replaced it with a sports cat (as in the WR1).

What are you actually trying to achieve?

ScoobieWRX

4,863 posts

111 months

[news] 
Monday 1st October 2012 quote quote all
I'll go back to one of my earlier posts.....

Should have got the stainless steel scrubber replacement....hehe

paulmoonraker

2,654 posts

48 months

[news] 
Monday 1st October 2012 quote quote all
ScoobieWRX said:
I'll go back to one of my earlier posts.....

Should have got the stainless steel scrubber replacement....hehe
Yes. Agree.

cheesesliceking

Original Poster:

984 posts

125 months

[news] 
Monday 1st October 2012 quote quote all
paulmoonraker said:
I have never seen one without the heat shield on, so could not say for sure. But I would hazard a guess and say yes wink I just can't understand why you would have a cat there unless you had got rid of the downpipe cat and wanted a sports cat on that section of pipe (and these do exist). Prodrive however either kept the downpipe cat or replaced it with a sports cat (as in the WR1).

What are you actually trying to achieve?
Dagnabit!!

I'm going to have a peak at mine with the heat shield off, might try find an OEM part number. One things for sure I'm getting it refunded.

What was I trying to achieve?
Good question, more power without breaking the bank.


cheesesliceking

Original Poster:

984 posts

125 months

[news] 
Monday 1st October 2012 quote quote all
ScoobieWRX said:
I'll go back to one of my earlier posts.....

Should have got the stainless steel scrubber replacement....hehe
Shush you! :0p










But yes you're right . Ha-ha.
Advertisement

ScoobieWRX

4,863 posts

111 months

[news] 
Tuesday 2nd October 2012 quote quote all
lol...It's all just a learning curve!! thumbup

You know....If you could find a 2nd hand replacement SS pipe cheap that would do as well as a new one. If you can'f find one on eBay try ScoobyNet if you can wade through all the tosh and nonsense.

Good luck with that smile

cheesesliceking

Original Poster:

984 posts

125 months

[news] 
Tuesday 2nd October 2012 quote quote all
Certainly is! smile
Yep think I'm gonna have to keep an eye out on there, not keen on the place tbh, like you say there's a lot of tosh o_O difficult to wade through it!!

Thanks for the answers peeps smile

cheesesliceking

Original Poster:

984 posts

125 months

[news] 
Saturday 6th October 2012 quote quote all
UPDATE:

Got the part.

Part number stamped on is: SE 109 SU.

Which is the Prodrive part number for "Prodrive Centre Exhaust"

There is no cat in the pipe at all, its a stainless steel straight through pipe and the box section appears to be a resonator.

You can see the interior of the pipe here, showing the end with the resonator box/mesh section, the light brown thing at the end is the floor, so you can see straight thought the pipe.


Not so bad for 27 quid, just need to get it up on the ramps and fit it now!

ScoobieWRX

4,863 posts

111 months

[news] 
Saturday 6th October 2012 quote quote all
So is it the long pipe that bolts to the backbox or is it the short pipe that replaces the Scrubber cat??

cheesesliceking

Original Poster:

984 posts

125 months

[news] 
Saturday 6th October 2012 quote quote all
It's the shorter one that replaces the scrubber cat smile

cheesesliceking

Original Poster:

984 posts

125 months

[news] 
Saturday 6th October 2012 quote quote all
It's nowhere near long enough to be the long section that fits to thr back box smile

paulmoonraker

2,654 posts

48 months

[news] 
Saturday 6th October 2012 quote quote all
Strange, but there you are... Personally, just have a cat in the downpipe and lose the other cat and resonator - then you end up with this wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoxxAi74Pi8

I miss it...

ScoobieWRX

4,863 posts

111 months

[news] 
Saturday 6th October 2012 quote quote all
I don't think i've seen a scrubber replacement like that before. Normally people replce the scrubber with a straight through SS pipe.

If it does the job and and for only £27 you can't grumble.

Nice one!! biggrin

cheesesliceking

Original Poster:

984 posts

125 months

[news] 
Saturday 6th October 2012 quote quote all
paulmoonraker said:
Strange, but there you are... Personally, just have a cat in the downpipe and lose the other cat and resonator - then you end up with this wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoxxAi74Pi8

That sounds rather tasty! Looks a lot like my rear box too, no idea what it is, was on when I got it.
Nice track day vid too ;0) sounds really good coming past camera!

I miss it...

cheesesliceking

Original Poster:

984 posts

125 months

[news] 
Saturday 6th October 2012 quote quote all
ScoobieWRX said:
I don't think i've seen a scrubber replacement like that before. Normally people replce the scrubber with a straight through SS pipe.

If it does the job and and for only £27 you can't grumble.

Nice one!! biggrin
My thoughts too mate, I'm all for cost effective parts!! smile

Just wish it's stop raining long enough so i could fit it!

paulmoonraker

2,654 posts

48 months

[news] 
Saturday 6th October 2012 quote quote all
cheesesliceking said:
paulmoonraker said:
Strange, but there you are... Personally, just have a cat in the downpipe and lose the other cat and resonator - then you end up with this wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoxxAi74Pi8

That sounds rather tasty! Looks a lot like my rear box too, no idea what it is, was on when I got it.
Nice track day vid too ;0) sounds really good coming past camera!

I miss it...
I would buy that car back off the guy I sold it to in a heartbeat... It had an excellent set up, and the exhaust just sounded immense at full chat... I did try a Nur Spec R (see vid), but that spoilt it as it was too loud...

cheesesliceking

Original Poster:

984 posts

125 months

[news] 
Saturday 6th October 2012 quote quote all
paulmoonraker said:
I would buy that car back off the guy I sold it to in a heartbeat... It had an excellent set up, and the exhaust just sounded immense at full chat... I did try a Nur Spec R (see vid), but that spoilt it as it was too loud...
What do you have now and why did you get rid of the Impreza ?

paulmoonraker

2,654 posts

48 months

[news] 
Sunday 7th October 2012 quote quote all
cheesesliceking said:
paulmoonraker said:
I would buy that car back off the guy I sold it to in a heartbeat... It had an excellent set up, and the exhaust just sounded immense at full chat... I did try a Nur Spec R (see vid), but that spoilt it as it was too loud...
What do you have now and why did you get rid of the Impreza ?
A Cayman S now, which is a great and capable car, however, it just lacks the theatre and ludicrousness of my old STi. I am glad I have owned a Porsche, but I am not sure I would own another.

I sold the STi in part because I just wanted to try something different, and also because of the twins it meant I needed to use the STi more for work. The latter becoming somewhat of a joke when turning up to customer sites suited and booted, whilst thundering the place down. I know it shouldn't matter, but the reality being that the vast majority of people think you look like a bit of a dick. In short, an Impreza, covered in stickers, with a spoiler the size of a picnic table is not a 'good work car' but an EPIC weekend toy...

I will get another when I can have 3 cars, which should be next year wink

ScoobieWRX

4,863 posts

111 months

[news] 
Sunday 7th October 2012 quote quote all
Have you not thought of something like a used spec C-RA/R or Litchfield T25. If you only use it as a weekend toy you could always have something like a more family oriented/sober estate type car what with the twins, that won't ps off your clients. Maybe, Audi, BMW, Mercedes, or used JAG XF hatchback, or 4x4......

That would be an epic way to return to the fold. Your Cayman would make a good part-ex against a new scoob as i imagine if you don't pile on the mileage it's residual will still be very good.

My partner is a Sales Manager for an Electronics distribution company so I bought her a diesel S-Type Jag 3yrs ago. It does 30k miles a year and returns around 40mpg. Doesn't upset any of her clients, in fact they all pass comment on what a nice car it is, specially when they are in it, safe place to be in in case of a bad accident and generally very reliable. It's bot a big boot, full leather interior, very nice place to be, and it's very quiet.

cheesesliceking

Original Poster:

984 posts

125 months

[news] 
Tuesday 9th October 2012 quote quote all
paulmoonraker said:
A Cayman S now, which is a great and capable car, however, it just lacks the theatre and ludicrousness of my old STi. I am glad I have owned a Porsche, but I am not sure I would own another.

I sold the STi in part because I just wanted to try something different, and also because of the twins it meant I needed to use the STi more for work. The latter becoming somewhat of a joke when turning up to customer sites suited and booted, whilst thundering the place down. I know it shouldn't matter, but the reality being that the vast majority of people think you look like a bit of a dick. In short, an Impreza, covered in stickers, with a spoiler the size of a picnic table is not a 'good work car' but an EPIC weekend toy...

I will get another when I can have 3 cars, which should be next year wink
I know what you mean, there's a 'look' you get from people isn't there when you wear a suit and get out of an Impreza!

Hope to see you back in another one soon smile
1
3
Reply to Topic