Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
2 3 ... 33 34
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

ZR1cliff

Original Poster:

17,974 posts

136 months

[news] 
Friday 7th September 2012 quote quote all
Anyone got any interesting photos from your travels/jobs?

Earlier this week I went to Wembley to pick up some Olympic security equipment.



At the crossing, a week or two ago.

chilistrucker

2,660 posts

38 months

[news] 
Friday 7th September 2012 quote quote all

nice 1 cliff, great idea for a topic smile
this was last year, on the way back from athens after the last show on the tour. this is near namur, france.

chilistrucker

2,660 posts

38 months

[news] 
Friday 7th September 2012 quote quote all


driving to the gig in moscow

ZR1cliff

Original Poster:

17,974 posts

136 months

[news] 
Friday 7th September 2012 quote quote all
chilistrucker said:

nice 1 cliff, great idea for a topic smile
this was last year, on the way back from athens after the last show on the tour. this is near namur, france.
Now that's what I call a view, Neil!

chilistrucker

2,660 posts

38 months

[news] 
Saturday 8th September 2012 quote quote all
its a nice drive mate, its called the white motorway.
runs from about bourg en bresse, all the way to mont blanc, mostly stunning scenery for about 4 or 5 hours smile
Advertisement

iguana

6,022 posts

147 months

[news] 
Monday 10th September 2012 quote quote all
Indeed done that route many times on way to Italy, a few pics of trips below.












Switz/Italy run, brrrr!-
















Then as you go further south-











Edited by iguana on Monday 10th September 20:51

iva cosworth

15,203 posts

50 months

[news] 
Tuesday 11th September 2012 quote quote all
Haven't got a pic of what i saw today but wanted to share it in the truck section.

Saw a car salvage truck today with a Peugeot 407 estate at the front on top and facing

backwards.

It's tailgate was open unbeknown to the driver i guess.

That will add 3 to 4 extra feet to his overall height.

Didn't fancy his chances under a medium to low bridge if he continued like that for too long.

I did try to attract his attention but didn't have time to do much.

chilistrucker

2,660 posts

38 months

[news] 
Wednesday 12th September 2012 quote quote all
iva cosworth said:
Haven't got a pic of what i saw today but wanted to share it in the truck section.

Saw a car salvage truck today with a Peugeot 407 estate at the front on top and facing

backwards.

It's tailgate was open unbeknown to the driver i guess.

That will add 3 to 4 extra feet to his overall height.

Didn't fancy his chances under a medium to low bridge if he continued like that for too long.

I did try to attract his attention but didn't have time to do much.
oops, wonder how it ended?
nice pics iguana. do you do alot on the continent?

chilistrucker

2,660 posts

38 months

[news] 
Wednesday 12th September 2012 quote quote all

spotted this beauty in a services in belgium a couple of years back.

folos

810 posts

29 months

[news] 
Wednesday 12th September 2012 quote quote all
Some sort of lion, and in the second pic it was just before it stuck it's head through my window!





Just at the start of a 6 hour trip back to the yard last year, in an early 80s DAF (coach) with discs on the front and drums on the rear. Thank god it was a stick as I just used that for braking!



Edited by folos on Wednesday 12th September 20:16

Cock Womble 7

29,908 posts

117 months

[news] 
Thursday 13th September 2012 quote quote all
The exotic and exciting view from my "bedroom window" yesterday:



(And yes, I was catching up on Eastenders on the BBC iPlayer. You got a problem with that?)

Cock Womble 7

29,908 posts

117 months

[news] 
Thursday 13th September 2012 quote quote all
Oh, and this was me earlier in the day at Southwaite Services on the M6:



You see that car transporter on his way out? That's the one that got within inches of putting the front end of a brand new Vauxhall Corsa (the brown one, middle deck) through my windscreen as he reversed to get out of the space in front of me!

4key

8,273 posts

35 months

[news] 
Friday 14th September 2012 quote quote all
I miss having 3 windscreen wipers, feel like I am in a glorified van when just 2 swipe across the windscreen frown

ZR1cliff

Original Poster:

17,974 posts

136 months

[news] 
Friday 14th September 2012 quote quote all
4key said:
I miss having 3 windscreen wipers, feel like I am in a glorified van when just 2 swipe across the windscreen frown
It just reminds me I'm not in a mega mileage DAF. biggrin

Edited by ZR1cliff on Friday 14th September 23:02

ZR1cliff

Original Poster:

17,974 posts

136 months

[news] 
Friday 14th September 2012 quote quote all
An old Ford truck with a HD stuck in the back today.


4key

8,273 posts

35 months

[news] 
Friday 14th September 2012 quote quote all
ZR1cliff said:
4key said:
I miss having 3 windscreen wipers, feel like I am in a glorified van when just 2 swipe across the windscreen frown
It just reminds me I'm not in a mega mileage DAF. smile
Ah, but those were the good old self employed days for me. Have a gratuitous pic of one of my babys frown





And have a couple that were taken just after it seeing as we are doing 'views from the cab'












chilistrucker

2,660 posts

38 months

[news] 
Saturday 15th September 2012 quote quote all
ouch.
bet what ever ran into that trailer didn't look good.
i love the xf daf. my old boss gave me abrand new one when 03 plates were released. had the same skirts as your old white one, did manya trip to spain and portugal in it. still my fave truck.

chilistrucker

2,660 posts

38 months

[news] 
Saturday 15th September 2012 quote quote all

this was it at bluewater.

Digby

3,582 posts

133 months

[news] 
Wednesday 19th September 2012 quote quote all






















Saved him from the gutter and put him on a leaf beside my window..









Edited by Digby on Wednesday 19th September 23:29

ZR1cliff

Original Poster:

17,974 posts

136 months

[news] 
Thursday 20th September 2012 quote quote all
Some excellent photo's Digby!
2 3 ... 33 34
Reply to Topic