Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
1
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

JM

2,176 posts

92 months

[news] 
Tuesday 31st July 2012 quote quote all
clarkmagpie said:
Elise s2.

1 tent
2 sleeping bags
2 pillows
Inflatable air bed/mat thing
Over night bag

Was a tight squeeze and we probably looked hilarious getting everything out of the boot!
Elise S2:

2 tents
2 sleeping bags
2 sleeping mats
food and drink for 2-3 days
1 disposable barbeque
2 sets of clothes for a few days

Wild camping.

Pic to prove it.




hornetrider

48,982 posts

91 months

[news] 
Thursday 2nd August 2012 quote quote all
Would definitely recommend non-slip matting and a big bag for the bootlid if you need the extra space.

http://www.boot-bag.com/

I haven't needed it yet though...


Tom_C76

974 posts

74 months

[news] 
Tuesday 14th August 2012 quote quote all
I've managed a 2 week trip round France camping in the Caterham before. Tent and two drysacks with clothes tied on top of the boot, everything else in the boot including slleping bags, thermarests, pillows, stove, walking boots, stools etc. I guess the boot on an Elise is waterproof, unlike that on a Caterham. Found that one out the hard way...

Broccers

2,912 posts

139 months

[news] 
Wednesday 15th August 2012 quote quote all
Is part of the fun being uncomfy?

Too old for this (and camping)

mike9009

1,903 posts

129 months

[news] 
Wednesday 15th August 2012 quote quote all
Broccers said:
Is part of the fun being uncomfy?

Too old for this (and camping)
Get enough warm beer or wine inside you and the comfort does not matter! smile

Mike

Advertisement

Celtic Dragon

1,178 posts

121 months

[news] 
Wednesday 15th August 2012 quote quote all
If you're uncomfortable camping nowadays, you're doing something wrong.

Mind you, I can quite happily sleep in a hammock and tarp setup!

Andy_vx

227 posts

71 months

[news] 
Friday 17th August 2012 quote quote all
Thanks for all of the advice and stories guys! We had a dry run today and got nearly everything in the VX220! the only real problem is the roof.... very tempted to leave it at home lol. wink

LotusMartin

533 posts

38 months

[news] 
Friday 17th August 2012 quote quote all
Mobile Chicane said:
Carrier bags to stuff into all the nooks and crannies. Travel sizes of toiletries.
^ This ^

Lots of small bags and you'll be amazed what you can squeeze in, did a weeks camping/ rock climbing in Pembrokeshire with 2 of us in the Elise S2. That included ropes and assorted climbing parafanalia (sp?)

Have fun!

Tiger Tim

1,537 posts

108 months

[news] 
Sunday 19th August 2012 quote quote all
Thanks for the inspiration. I was thinking about a trip through europe with the missus in my Elise S2 and now I know it can be done it will be!

Cotty

27,698 posts

170 months

[news] 
Thursday 23rd August 2012 quote quote all
I can see how it could be done with a small tent and minimal gear but if im camping I leave the Elise at home and take the E30 touring. Been on to many camping trips where the weather has turned and having extra kit has just made the experience tolerable.

aw51 121565

4,029 posts

119 months

[news] 
Saturday 25th August 2012 quote quote all
mike9009 said:
Broccers said:
Is part of the fun being uncomfy?

Too old for this (and camping)
Get enough warm beer or wine inside you and the comfort does not matter! smile

Mike
Until about 6AM the next morning, when your bladder is trying to kick its way Renaldo-like out of your lower abdomen and you're conscious-enough to begin considering possible routes to the nearest khazi block via getting decently-dressed (it's not like being at home, where a naked stroll to the bathroom is yer only choice hehe ). wink

I'm an avid fan of camping holidays, but being able to fill a portable toilet on my own in three liquid visits is, somehow, unsatisfying in the early hours when one is unsure how full the damn thing is c/o one's other half 'cos one never otherwise uses it... smile . Hence the comments about getting dressed before going walkabout in the general direction of le pissoire - there are invariably other campers milling about, even as dawn's purple fingers pull back the night sky to reveal the new sunrise - you'd be surprised; it's invariably like a field full of insomniacs and/or incontinents from first light hehe ...

And one never gets a lie-in due to the above Renaldo-like bladder activity plus having to get dressed before heading for the khazis - or is it just me??? redface



Light hearted comments apart - unless it's blowing a hurricane, or raining 24/7, the holidays under canvas are the best ones ever cloud9 . Truly magical smile .

HereBeMonsters

13,380 posts

68 months

[news] 
Saturday 25th August 2012 quote quote all
S1 Elise fits tent, double sleeping bag, inflatable mattress (with foot pump), camping stove and enough food and clothes for 4 days of camping. If you shove the bootlid down really hard.

We did fit the foldy chairs behind the seats, but decided to leave them behind so we could stow the roof if necessary.

I reckon we could fit a week's worth of stuff in there if we bought food once we got to the campsite. More space to be saved by swapping inflatable mattress for roll mats under the legs...

danyeates

Original Poster:

6,198 posts

108 months

[news] 
Saturday 25th August 2012 quote quote all
We've done a trial run, should be ok!

The tent and sleeping bags fit behind the seats, so that leaves the boot for clothes and camping supplies. I think we're all set now, head off on Thursday! Here's the car...


mike9009

1,903 posts

129 months

[news] 
Saturday 25th August 2012 quote quote all
aw51 121565 said:
Until about 6AM the next morning, when your bladder is trying to kick its way Renaldo-like out of your lower abdomen and you're conscious-enough to begin considering possible routes to the nearest khazi block via getting decently-dressed (it's not like being at home, where a naked stroll to the bathroom is yer only choice hehe ). wink

I'm an avid fan of camping holidays, but being able to fill a portable toilet on my own in three liquid visits is, somehow, unsatisfying in the early hours when one is unsure how full the damn thing is c/o one's other half 'cos one never otherwise uses it... smile . Hence the comments about getting dressed before going walkabout in the general direction of le pissoire - there are invariably other campers milling about, even as dawn's purple fingers pull back the night sky to reveal the new sunrise - you'd be surprised; it's invariably like a field full of insomniacs and/or incontinents from first light hehe ...

And one never gets a lie-in due to the above Renaldo-like bladder activity plus having to get dressed before heading for the khazis - or is it just me??? redface



Light hearted comments apart - unless it's blowing a hurricane, or raining 24/7, the holidays under canvas are the best ones ever cloud9 . Truly magical smile .
Good point .... I had forgotten about that, rose tinted specs an' all that.....

NDA

11,341 posts

111 months

[news] 
Saturday 25th August 2012 quote quote all
I use those vacuum bag things for packing clothes - saves a lot of room in a zero luggage space car. Not expensive either.

dugsud

895 posts

149 months

[news] 
Monday 17th September 2012 quote quote all
We managed in this so yes...no problem!


StuartGGray

7,035 posts

114 months

[news] 
Sunday 23rd September 2012 quote quote all
dugsud said:
We managed in this so yes...no problem!

Now that is superb!

1
Reply to Topic