PistonHeads.com Forum

One single thing that makes you think "knob"

One single thing that makes you think "knob"

TOPIC CLOSED
TOPIC CLOSED
Author
Discussion

bigdom

1,090 posts

53 months

Wednesday 16th May 2012
quotequote all
carlove said:
You know what makes me think "knob"? When Tesco is busy and you have a child and people without children park in the parent and child spaces. smile
When I was young, these we're not available. Since there introduction over the past 15 yrs or so, Childhood Obesity has become commonplace, coincidence? Why can today's children not walk from one side of a carpark into a shop.

Tyre Tread

8,631 posts

124 months

Wednesday 16th May 2012
quotequote all
Bayerischer said:
carlove said:
You know what makes me think "knob"? When Tesco is busy and you have a child and people without children park in the parent and child spaces. smile
Exactly. so with a child seat in the back, people will never know....unless you get caught coming back to the car, sans infant
So you can abuse the facility but those sans choldren shouldn't.

No double standards there then.

Bayerischer

155 posts

55 months

Wednesday 16th May 2012
quotequote all
bigdom said:
carlove said:
You know what makes me think "knob"? When Tesco is busy and you have a child and people without children park in the parent and child spaces. smile
When I was young, these we're not available. Since there introduction over the past 15 yrs or so, Childhood Obesity has become commonplace, coincidence? Why can today's children not walk from one side of a carpark into a shop.
I think the point is that the extra space makes it a lot easier to get babies/toddlers in and out of the car.

Bayerischer

155 posts

55 months

Wednesday 16th May 2012
quotequote all
Tyre Tread said:
Bayerischer said:
carlove said:
You know what makes me think "knob"? When Tesco is busy and you have a child and people without children park in the parent and child spaces. smile
Exactly. so with a child seat in the back, people will never know....unless you get caught coming back to the car, sans infant
So you can abuse the facility but those sans choldren shouldn't.

No double standards there then.
I never said they shouldn't. I just said it's easier to get away with if you have the equipment.

bigdom

1,090 posts

53 months

Wednesday 16th May 2012
quotequote all
Bayerischer said:
bigdom said:
carlove said:
You know what makes me think "knob"? When Tesco is busy and you have a child and people without children park in the parent and child spaces. smile
When I was young, these we're not available. Since there introduction over the past 15 yrs or so, Childhood Obesity has become commonplace, coincidence? Why can today's children not walk from one side of a carpark into a shop.
I think the point is that the extra space makes it a lot easier to get babies/toddlers in and out of the car.
Costco manage quite happily without them
Advertisement

haircutmike

13,841 posts

112 months

Wednesday 16th May 2012
quotequote all
Bayerischer said:
bigdom said:
carlove said:
You know what makes me think "knob"? When Tesco is busy and you have a child and people without children park in the parent and child spaces. smile
When I was young, these we're not available. Since there introduction over the past 15 yrs or so, Childhood Obesity has become commonplace, coincidence? Why can today's children not walk from one side of a carpark into a shop.
I think the point is that the extra space makes it a lot easier to get babies/toddlers in and out of the car.
And hopefully not bang their doors agaist your P&J!

Which reminds me, a woman did this against my Disco, quite hard and didn't bat an eye, even knowing I was sitting in the car, she lived to regret that mad


graeme4130

2,196 posts

89 months

Wednesday 16th May 2012
quotequote all
bigdom said:
carlove said:
You know what makes me think "knob"? When Tesco is busy and you have a child and people without children park in the parent and child spaces. smile
When I was young, these we're not available. Since there introduction over the past 15 yrs or so, Childhood Obesity has become commonplace, coincidence? Why can today's children not walk from one side of a carpark into a shop.
I think you've missed the point completely there
The child spaces are to allow parents who are perhaps carrying shopping and small child to a) park closer so less likely for a wandering child to get hit by a car, and B) enough space to able to ripen a door wide enough to place a small child with it without a carry seat into the car without having to squeeze into a small door opening space

The irony of the statement about child obesity though is that most people who park in these slots without kids, are typically fat gits who are just too lazy to walk
Don't get me started on people that park in disabled who don't have a badge or any form of obvious disability, I find them the scum of the earth !

mattyn1

1,886 posts

63 months

Wednesday 16th May 2012
quotequote all
graeme4130 said:
Don't get me started on people that park in disabled who don't have a badge or any form of obvious disability, I find them the scum of the earth !
I agree with the sentiment, however I do think there are worse people on this earth - child abductors, rapists, rinsers et al. smile





melvster

6,791 posts

93 months

Wednesday 16th May 2012
quotequote all
People who do not indicate on a roundabout, you express your displeasure and they look at you like WTF.

Corsa C club/forum meets on Sainsbury's, they are probably knocking one out as one pal off the forum has upgraded to a MAGNEX back box.

rj1986

1,088 posts

76 months

Wednesday 16th May 2012
quotequote all
melvster said:
Corsa C club/forum meets on Sainsbury's, they are probably knocking one out as one pal off the forum has upgraded to a MAGNEX back box.
Always wanted to turn up to one of these in some serious hyper car (zonda, egg etc.)
And just blast past them, then just do a spot of light shopping.

e21Mark

7,236 posts

81 months

Wednesday 16th May 2012
quotequote all
mattyn1 said:
graeme4130 said:
Don't get me started on people that park in disabled who don't have a badge or any form of obvious disability, I find them the scum of the earth !
I agree with the sentiment, however I do think there are worse people on this earth - child abductors, rapists, rinsers et al. smile
Definitely worse people around but, having a disability myself, I've seen loads of people feign being disabled rather than park in proper bays. I've seen the family member who thinks it's ok to use the relatives card because they're going to get them some shopping and also seen the individuals who simply could not give a toss. I've also been abused in the street by people who think I'm getting away with something by having a blue badge, or because I don't look disabled enough! Also been told that ''disabled people shouldn't drive cars like that!''?? What the fk that means I have no idea? I've seen attitudes to disabled drivers change over the past couple of years and more people seem to be prepared to defraud the blue badge system too. People in general are just far more selfish and are more concerned about how things effect them, than what they might do to help others.

I bought these off eBay as enjoy seeing the reactions they get when I stick them on their cars. Childish I know, but amusing all the same.








Edited by e21Mark on Wednesday 16th May 17:28

XitUp

7,690 posts

112 months

Wednesday 16th May 2012
quotequote all
graeme4130 said:
Don't get me started on people that park in disabled who don't have a badge or any form of obvious disability, I find them the scum of the earth !
Why does it have to be an obvious disability?

Fabric

3,473 posts

100 months

Wednesday 16th May 2012
quotequote all
e21Mark said:
Childish I know, but amusing all the same.

Not to mention being somewhat illegal on the grounds of impersonating a government authority...

Hugo a Gogo

20,074 posts

141 months

Wednesday 16th May 2012
quotequote all
Fabric said:
e21Mark said:
Childish I know, but amusing all the same.

Not to mention being somewhat illegal on the grounds of impersonating a government authority...
pfft!

schuey

652 posts

118 months

Wednesday 16th May 2012
quotequote all
haircutmike said:
People who indicate right before a roundabout then go straight on.
They have no intention of turning right but do it as if taught by an instructor!

What's that all about?
That really pisses me off too!

mattyn1

1,886 posts

63 months

Wednesday 16th May 2012
quotequote all
e21Mark said:
mattyn1 said:
graeme4130 said:
Don't get me started on people that park in disabled who don't have a badge or any form of obvious disability, I find them the scum of the earth !
I agree with the sentiment, however I do think there are worse people on this earth - child abductors, rapists, rinsers et al. smile
Definitely worse people around but, having a disability myself, I've seen loads of people feign being disabled rather than park in proper bays. I've seen the family member who thinks it's ok to use the relatives card because they're going to get them some shopping and also seen the individuals who simply could not give a toss. I've also been abused in the street by people who think I'm getting away with something by having a blue badge, or because I don't look disabled enough! Also been told that ''disabled people shouldn't drive cars like that!''?? What the fk that means I have no idea? I've seen attitudes to disabled drivers change over the past couple of years and more people seem to be prepared to defraud the blue badge system too. People in general are just far more selfish and are more concerned about how things effect them, than what they might do to help others.

I bought these off eBay as enjoy seeing the reactions they get when I stick them on their cars. Childish I know, but amusing all the same.








Edited by e21Mark on Wednesday 16th May 17:28
I like that - though I am sure you could be more rantish - proper shake them up - and probably a BiB would see the funny side!

e21Mark

7,236 posts

81 months

Wednesday 16th May 2012
quotequote all
Fabric said:
e21Mark said:
Childish I know, but amusing all the same.

Not to mention being somewhat illegal on the grounds of impersonating a government authority...
I'm not impersonating any government authority.



TheCanonBall

26 posts

54 months

Wednesday 16th May 2012
quotequote all
People who open their car door onto your car when you're sat in it and don't even acknowledge the fact.

In fact, door dings in general. They are almost always avoidable.

On of the most annoying was in the passenger door of my old Alfa 147. I had had it about 3 months, I had an allocated parking space in my office building car park, the guy who parked next to me had a brand new Lotus Exige. Big door ding at the exact height of his door. He could have easily found me and he had a well paid job so could easily pay for the repair. What an ahole!

lazystudent

1,629 posts

69 months

Wednesday 16th May 2012
quotequote all
e21Mark said:
I bought these off eBay as enjoy seeing the reactions they get when I stick them on their cars. Childish I know, but amusing all the same.
No offence, but that is a bit sad!

bigricho

163 posts

61 months

Wednesday 16th May 2012
quotequote all
When a hood-rat in his jumped up Toyota parks directly outside the entrance at Tesco (where it is clearly marked not to park there) and leaves his motor, plus ste music running, thereby making it awkward for anyone to drive past... Really makes me want to get in his car and park it up for him!! Nob.
TOPIC CLOSED
TOPIC CLOSED