Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
1 2 ... 323 324
326 327 ... 499 500
TOPIC CLOSED
Author Discussion

hornetrider

49,594 posts

92 months

[news] 
Thursday 26th April 2012 quote quote all
Sport 2.5 - 3?

Boggo anywhere really, and depends what you class as decent. Apart from a bit of bubbling on one rear arch mine is in great condition and I paid less than a bag. Bought at 104k, now up to 120k.

olly22n

13,844 posts

93 months

[news] 
Thursday 26th April 2012 quote quote all
V8mate said:
olly22n said:
Chaps, what's a decent 728i worth nowadays, at say, 120k?
What model?
Boggo one

V8mate

37,026 posts

76 months

[news] 
Thursday 26th April 2012 quote quote all
olly22n said:
V8mate said:
olly22n said:
Chaps, what's a decent 728i worth nowadays, at say, 120k?
What model?
Boggo one
E-number!

trooperiziz

8,531 posts

139 months

[news] 
Thursday 26th April 2012 quote quote all
olly22n said:
V8mate said:
olly22n said:
Chaps, what's a decent 728i worth nowadays, at say, 120k?
What model?
Boggo one
E38? How old?

For a wreck, £750
For an ok one, £1000
For a very good one, £1500

olly22n

13,844 posts

93 months

[news] 
Thursday 26th April 2012 quote quote all
V8mate said:
olly22n said:
V8mate said:
olly22n said:
Chaps, what's a decent 728i worth nowadays, at say, 120k?
What model?
Boggo one
E-number!
38

Advertisement

hornetrider

49,594 posts

92 months

[news] 
Thursday 26th April 2012 quote quote all
trooperiziz said:
E38? How old?

For a wreck, £750
For an ok one, £1000
For a very good one, £1500
Can't disagree with that. I like to think I beat the curve though wink

trooperiziz

8,531 posts

139 months

[news] 
Thursday 26th April 2012 quote quote all
hornetrider said:
Can't disagree with that. I like to think I beat the curve though wink
Don't we all! biggrin

olly22n

13,844 posts

93 months

[news] 
Thursday 26th April 2012 quote quote all
trooperiziz said:
olly22n said:
V8mate said:
olly22n said:
Chaps, what's a decent 728i worth nowadays, at say, 120k?
What model?
Boggo one
E38? How old?

For a wreck, £750
For an ok one, £1000
For a very good one, £1500
I'll bid to 750 then

S3_Graham

12,039 posts

86 months

[news] 
Thursday 26th April 2012 quote quote all
olly22n said:
38
What about this chap?



I very nearly weakened before the civic escapade!

olly22n

13,844 posts

93 months

[news] 
Thursday 26th April 2012 quote quote all
Can't be had for less than a bag?

S3_Graham

12,039 posts

86 months

[news] 
Thursday 26th April 2012 quote quote all
It's been for sale for months....... But is still £4K

edo

14,581 posts

152 months

[news] 
Thursday 26th April 2012 quote quote all
S3_Graham said:
olly22n said:
38
What about this chap?



I very nearly weakened before the civic escapade!
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201203443631421/sort/default/usedcars/colour/red/model/7_series/make/bmw/postcode/gu32ea/radius/1500/page/1?logcode=p

I like. 35i regarded as 28i performance with 40i fuel costs, but still a nice v8...

Quite strong money for the miles, but I like it. Lots of people will come along saying it should be 20p, but a st one will cost £2k to put right in a heart beat, and personally I'd rather be driving round in a more expensive sorted car than spending the difference looking at it being worked on in an indi.

If everything is tip top, the history is impeccable and nothing needs doing it is probably worth something with a 3 in front. The fact it has been around a while my suggest otherwise.




Edited by edo on Thursday 26th April 23:10

olly22n

13,844 posts

93 months

[news] 
Thursday 26th April 2012 quote quote all
Whoops.

martynr

467 posts

61 months

[news] 
Thursday 26th April 2012 quote quote all
S3_Graham said:
It's been for sale for months....... But is still £4K
Good luck to the dealer with that price. It won't appreciate in value that's for sure. Vehicles like these are not popular due to size and consumption as well as the upkeep, I would believe. I have driven one and liked it a lot, but found myself a bit lost as it was roomy, more like a hall inside, and as big as castle outside.

Robatr0n

11,826 posts

103 months

[news] 
Thursday 26th April 2012 quote quote all
S3_Graham said:
What about this chap?



I very nearly weakened before the civic escapade!
Barges are the way forwards my friend.

jonnydm

4,938 posts

96 months

[news] 
Friday 27th April 2012 quote quote all
V8mate said:
olly22n said:
V8mate said:
olly22n said:
Chaps, what's a decent 728i worth nowadays, at say, 120k?
What model?
Boggo one
E-number!
Well given the amount of E23s around it was only really ever going to be the E38 wasn't it? Unless I'm missing something.

olly22n said:
Whoops.
What have you done?
ETA Just seen. thumbup

martynr said:
S3_Graham said:
It's been for sale for months....... But is still £4K
Good luck to the dealer with that price. It won't appreciate in value that's for sure. Vehicles like these are not popular due to size and consumption as well as the upkeep, I would believe. I have driven one and liked it a lot, but found myself a bit lost as it was roomy, more like a hall inside, and as big as castle outside.
Thats the thing with the outfits aiming for the top of the market, they're waiting for the odd buyer prepared to pay that bit more. Obviously there comes a time when it hasn't been worthwhile. There are also those like 4 Star that are often happy to ask for a lot more than the going rate and again sometimes win (the recent Imola funf) and sometimes don't - (hasn't the B12 been there for at least 5 volumes of the thread?)

Edited by jonnydm on Friday 27th April 00:55

Jobbo

8,862 posts

151 months

[news] 
Friday 27th April 2012 quote quote all
edo said:
Quite strong money for the miles, but I like it. Lots of people will come along saying it should be 20p, but a st one will cost £2k to put right in a heart beat, and personally I'd rather be driving round in a more expensive sorted car than spending the difference looking at it being worked on in an indi.
While I agree in principle, price is not of itself any indication that a car is in better condition - where exactly are these 10+ yr old E38s sourced from?

olly22n

13,844 posts

93 months

[news] 
Friday 27th April 2012 quote quote all
Jobbo said:
edo said:
Quite strong money for the miles, but I like it. Lots of people will come along saying it should be 20p, but a st one will cost £2k to put right in a heart beat, and personally I'd rather be driving round in a more expensive sorted car than spending the difference looking at it being worked on in an indi.
While I agree in principle, price is not of itself any indication that a car is in better condition - where exactly are these 10+ yr old E38s sourced from?
Precisely, you could buy at the other end of the market and treat it as disposable... whistle

Fox-

11,406 posts

133 months

[news] 
Friday 27th April 2012 quote quote all
jonnydm said:
There are also those like 4 Star that are often happy to ask for a lot more than the going rate and again sometimes win (the recent Imola funf)
Wow, that sold!?

GBB

1,725 posts

46 months

[news] 
Friday 27th April 2012 quote quote all
Jobbo said:
edo said:
Quite strong money for the miles, but I like it. Lots of people will come along saying it should be 20p, but a st one will cost £2k to put right in a heart beat, and personally I'd rather be driving round in a more expensive sorted car than spending the difference looking at it being worked on in an indi.
While I agree in principle, price is not of itself any indication that a car is in better condition - where exactly are these 10+ yr old E38s sourced from?
What strikes me about the GMS stock is that they're often well spec'd including Individual Trim. The used ad's are full of E38/39's with all grey, all black or all tan interiors but when I tried to find some with nicer combinations they were incredibly rare. I guess his market is those who want a nice BMW and don't mind spending the odd grand or two to get what they want. It's all a case of relativity, if I was going to spunk £10K on a car, then only spending £4K on a nice E38 with the colour combo I wanted and a warranty might make a lot of sense.

That E36 looks good, but is the rust about to break through? I always think there is a time in all car's life when they go very quickly from being rust free to rusty.
1 2 ... 323 324
326 327 ... 499 500
TOPIC CLOSED