Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
1
3 4 5
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

lsp

39 posts

112 months

[news] 
Tuesday 21st February 2012 quote quote all
JMF894 said:
Let's all now imagine how much fun the driver would be having in an 21 year old Lotus at a track day before the wipers stopped or the seat fell off it's mountings!


Did you hear that cobblers in a pub somewhere?

sleep
No, it is from much experience.
Latterly getting into a Lotus Evora demonstrator. The carpets were soaked as it rained the night before, the glovebox cover fell off when i pushed the release button and some self tapping screws were falling out of the window frames.

The Pits

4,156 posts

127 months

[news] 
Tuesday 21st February 2012 quote quote all
anyone care to explain, preferably the author himself, how tricky handling is usually considered a negative when applied to a Ferrari 348, Renault Clio V6 and so on, but when it applies to a 911 it becomes a positive.

it's entirely relevant to the article.

I'd be interested to see an intelligent answer if there was one.

marmite monster

107 posts

114 months

[news] 
Tuesday 21st February 2012 quote quote all
why does this hurt my head to read ? can someone translate it please
something about a porsche ?

marmite monster

107 posts

114 months

[news] 
Tuesday 21st February 2012 quote quote all
Scho said:
Worst track footage ever?
yep

gmh23

249 posts

67 months

[news] 
Tuesday 21st February 2012 quote quote all
Bunch of hypocritical barstewards, the last porsche on aftermarket suspension and wheels got a right slagging off the PH staff
Advertisement

Dan Trent

1,017 posts

55 months

PH Editor Bloke

[news] 
Tuesday 21st February 2012 quote quote all
marmite monster said:
Scho said:
Worst track footage ever?
yep
Agreed, and it was me what filmed it! biggrin

Excuses? I was in a helluva rush, there was rainwater pouring down my back as I was installing the camera and, er, yeah. Sorry. But I included it because, as said in the piece, it shows a bit of the noise and general mayhem. To be honest a forward facing camera wouldn't have done you much good either!

Dan Trent

1,017 posts

55 months

PH Editor Bloke

[news] 
Tuesday 21st February 2012 quote quote all
gmh23 said:
Bunch of hypocritical barstewards, the last porsche on aftermarket suspension and wheels got a right slagging off the PH staff
whistle

marmite monster

107 posts

114 months

[news] 
Tuesday 21st February 2012 quote quote all
you need a go pro with the head strap mount thing over the passenger head rest gives a great angle and the seat dampens out vibrations wink

hesnotthemessiah

2,121 posts

91 months

[news] 
Tuesday 21st February 2012 quote quote all
Scho said:
Worst track footage ever?
Agreed!

Nice wiper action though. biggrin

MagicalTrevor

5,416 posts

116 months

[news] 
Tuesday 21st February 2012 quote quote all
Whilst the footage was rubbish, I think you should use more in-car footage. Decent 1080p GoPro footage would be brilliant from internal and external mounts plus an exhaust microphone. Doesn't need any talk over the top, just decent footage plus good sound quality

Joe911

2,615 posts

122 months

[news] 
Tuesday 21st February 2012 quote quote all
Dan Trent said:
Agreed, and it was me what filmed it! biggrin

Excuses? I was in a helluva rush, there was rainwater pouring down my back as I was installing the camera and, er, yeah. Sorry. But I included it because, as said in the piece, it shows a bit of the noise and general mayhem. To be honest a forward facing camera wouldn't have done you much good either!
I have footage of that same lap (in fact all the laps) taken from the dash-mounted camera (actually an iPhone4S) - you can see clearly ahead and not the steering input - I'll post it as soon as I can.


Edited by Joe911 on Tuesday 21st February 22:17

The Pits

4,156 posts

127 months

[news] 
Tuesday 21st February 2012 quote quote all
Dan?

.....Dan!

.....Dan?!

JMF894

1,514 posts

42 months

[news] 
Tuesday 21st February 2012 quote quote all
lsp said:
No, it is from much experience.
Latterly getting into a Lotus Evora demonstrator. The carpets were soaked as it rained the night before, the glovebox cover fell off when i pushed the release button and some self tapping screws were falling out of the window frames.
Fair play then i cannot argue with that chap smile

Maldini35

920 posts

75 months

[news] 
Tuesday 21st February 2012 quote quote all
God I miss my old 964


Slippydiff

6,463 posts

110 months

[news] 
Tuesday 21st February 2012 quote quote all
The Author said:
Behind them are K&N dampers set up by Porsche race gods Manthey
Ah yes, K & N, those well known purveyors of high quality aftermarket dampers. . . . . . silly

If Clarkson saw this he'd demand "the author of this piece be taken outside and executed"

Come on chaps, make an effort

hehe

Joe911

2,615 posts

122 months

[news] 
Wednesday 22nd February 2012 quote quote all
Same lap, same hamfistedness, different camera:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLNL9k8knJY

boxsey

1,981 posts

97 months

[news] 
Wednesday 22nd February 2012 quote quote all
Scho said:
Yes, That and some ham fisted steering inputs.

Needs re-shooting. I selflessly volunteer for the job.
My guess, from watching some of his other vides, is that Joe911 knows when it's better to use smooth inputs. wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fOdShlQKcA&fea...

wtdoom

1,877 posts

95 months

[news] 
Wednesday 22nd February 2012 quote quote all
I love these think they are God " drivers " that criticise someones driving WITHOUT BEING ABLE TO SEE THE TRACK , THE CONDITIONS AND NOT KNOWING WHAT THE DRIVERS INTENTIONS WERE .
Its so very sad .

Edited by wtdoom on Wednesday 22 February 00:43

bikemonster

1,188 posts

128 months

[news] 
Wednesday 22nd February 2012 quote quote all
Slippydiff said:
The Author said:
Behind them are K&N dampers set up by Porsche race gods Manthey
Ah yes, K & N, those well known purveyors of high quality aftermarket dampers. . . . . . silly

If Clarkson saw this he'd demand "the author of this piece be taken outside and executed"

Come on chaps, make an effort

hehe
I also spotted that.

Perhaps the car has a KW coilover air filter fitted. sillysilly

ravon

380 posts

169 months

[news] 
Wednesday 22nd February 2012 quote quote all
boxsey said:
My guess, from watching some of his other vides, is that Joe911 knows when it's better to use smooth inputs. wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fOdShlQKcA&fea...
I'd add that you need to move down to the 19th video on that page to find an example of joe911's excellent race craft, particularly the first clip on the page is an amazing gent in his seventies who bravely drives in this though series. Generally clips with joe911 at the wheel are marked by the initials "JP".
1
3 4 5
Reply to Topic