Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
1
3 4 ... 7 8
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

2DDav

576 posts

38 months

[news] 
Friday 2nd March 2012 quote quote all
Liquid Knight said:
Oh by the way I can weld and have very understanding (well they gave up moaning years ago) neighbors. wink

This is on my watch list at the moment...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rover-SD-3500-V8-Vanden-...
Now that is a properly epic car imo. A guy I was at college with 10 years back had a thing for these, he had a V8, it was properly ropey with hanging bodywork, but was still properly cool.

Anytime I think of an SD1 this video comes to mind: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTN5X4JZFjU

Liquid Knight

Original Poster:

12,038 posts

68 months

[news] 
Friday 2nd March 2012 quote quote all
Negative Creep said:
The thing I've found is that it's more a case of what's available, rather than what you want. How about this?

http://retrorides.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=FS...
Galvanized chassis and GRP body. What's rust again? Ford V6 with a carb' so a 302 should be a straight(ish) swap and brake/suspension upgrades from the parts bin. wink

Very good find. wink

Matt UK

9,279 posts

85 months

[news] 
Friday 2nd March 2012 quote quote all
Mk1 MX5 - newer, but should find one for under a grand

Hugo a Gogo

17,688 posts

118 months

[news] 
Friday 2nd March 2012 quote quote all
Liquid Knight said:
Chrisw666 said:
Not pre 1972 but a 924 would be doable.

Or if you're brave and want a project RX7
924 is a good shout. VW van parts so cheap to maintain.
go on then, which parts off a VW van fit a 924?

here's a clue - not many

Liquid Knight

Original Poster:

12,038 posts

68 months

[news] 
Friday 2nd March 2012 quote quote all
Matt UK said:
Mk1 MX5 - newer, but should find one for under a grand
I've had a Eunos back when they were still hair dressers cars. Black with red leather and speakers in the headrests. I used to like driving up to people is "better" cars and run rings around them. Too many people know how good they are now to get a real bargain.
Advertisement

LuS1fer

31,716 posts

130 months

[news] 
Friday 2nd March 2012 quote quote all
Liquid Knight said:
I used to like driving up to people is "better" cars and run rings around them.
I'll bet they were surprised. Did you get back in the car then and drive off? wink

mig25_foxbat2003

2,297 posts

96 months

[news] 
Friday 2nd March 2012 quote quote all
Liquid Knight said:
FWD three-wheeler? Mental, that'd be like reversing a Robin everywhere!

Liquid Knight

Original Poster:

12,038 posts

68 months

[news] 
Friday 2nd March 2012 quote quote all
mig25_foxbat2003 said:
Liquid Knight said:
FWD three-wheeler? Mental, that'd be like reversing a Robin everywhere!
Worked for Thrust SSC. wink

eltax91

5,370 posts

91 months

[news] 
Friday 2nd March 2012 quote quote all
Series Landy?

Liquid Knight

Original Poster:

12,038 posts

68 months

[news] 
Friday 2nd March 2012 quote quote all
Hugo a Gogo said:
go on then, which parts off a VW van fit a 924?

here's a clue - not many
Oil filter, spark plugs and a couple of other bits I think. wink

Sorry I was joking and forgot to put a smiley face at the end. Come to think of it the spark plugs are different as well. smile

The biggest problem with the 924 (apart from rust) is 944s are just as cheap and in my opinion a much better car.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Porsche-944-Track-car-Sp...

Similar to the 12A vs 13B RX7 suggestion earlier.


Liquid Knight

Original Poster:

12,038 posts

68 months

[news] 
Friday 2nd March 2012 quote quote all
eltax91 said:
Series Landy?
I'm six two and had a go in my mates 88' a few months ago. I could steer with my knees and had to sit with my head at a thirty degree angle. Apart from that it was slow smelly and handled like a horse on a frozen lake. Brilliant. smile

TaRD

732 posts

72 months

[news] 
Friday 2nd March 2012 quote quote all
How about one of these

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/2012...

Pop up headlights.

Matt UK

9,279 posts

85 months

[news] 
Friday 2nd March 2012 quote quote all
Liquid Knight said:
Matt UK said:
Mk1 MX5 - newer, but should find one for under a grand
I've had a Eunos back when they were still hair dressers cars. Black with red leather and speakers in the headrests. I used to like driving up to people is "better" cars and run rings around them. Too many people know how good they are now to get a real bargain.
If you are handy with the torch, there are mechanically sound cars out there going for under a bag due to rusty arches and sills.

£400:
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3637775.htm

Edited by Matt UK on Friday 2nd March 10:56

5lab

1,400 posts

81 months

[news] 
Friday 2nd March 2012 quote quote all

Liquid Knight

Original Poster:

12,038 posts

68 months

[news] 
Friday 2nd March 2012 quote quote all
That 944 looks worse than the gold one I posted and for twice the money. silly

The Celica GT4 is one of my all time favorite rally cars, certainly a contender.

The silver MX5's sold. frown


Liquid Knight

Original Poster:

12,038 posts

68 months

[news] 
Friday 2nd March 2012 quote quote all
This is going to skyrocket out of budget but I'm the current highest bidder...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1982-ROVER-3500-SE-MANUA...

I know they're crap, slow, thirsty, heavy, rust buckets with the biggest cramped interior ever made. The original Audi A7 then. But unlike the A7; they're also just brilliant. My neighbor had one when I was little, can't remember it ever being on the road but he used to just rev the engine a couple of times a month and upset everyone. hehe

I wonder if "Smith and Deakin" still do the TWR panels? scratchchin

Negative Creep

12,757 posts

112 months

[news] 
Friday 2nd March 2012 quote quote all
Liquid Knight said:
Negative Creep said:
The thing I've found is that it's more a case of what's available, rather than what you want. How about this?

http://retrorides.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=FS...
Galvanized chassis and GRP body. What's rust again? Ford V6 with a carb' so a 302 should be a straight(ish) swap and brake/suspension upgrades from the parts bin. wink

Very good find. wink
Shame I don't have any space or I'd be on the phone to him. I can imagine it being rather thirsty though

Johnboy Mac

2,666 posts

63 months

[news] 
Friday 2nd March 2012 quote quote all
A 924 as already mentioned makes the most sense to me. If you can grab a half decent one for £750 that has to be a winner.

Mark-C

1,868 posts

90 months

[news] 
Friday 2nd March 2012 quote quote all
Two door E30 with a six-cylinder engine was my first thought .... but they're not really in budget any more ... sorry, not a very helpful post!

Liquid Knight

Original Poster:

12,038 posts

68 months

[news] 
Friday 2nd March 2012 quote quote all
Mark-C said:
Two door E30 with a six-cylinder engine was my first thought .... but they're not really in budget any more ... sorry, not a very helpful post!
A mate has an orange 323 E21 I'll be looking at over the weekend. wink

1
3 4 ... 7 8
Reply to Topic