Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
1 2 ... 270 271
273 274 ... 504 505
TOPIC CLOSED
Author Discussion

TheLordJohn

2,949 posts

32 months

[news] 
Saturday 6th October 2012 quote quote all
theironduke said:


http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1996-JAGUAR-XJ6-4-0-SPOR...

Over my ideal budget but seems a hell of a car! 55k! Very tempted... Ideal spec, 4.0 Sport with cream cow, ideally black but can't win them all!
Awesome!

Quietlybonkers

9,034 posts

30 months

[news] 
Saturday 6th October 2012 quote quote all
JamesK said:
Quietlybonkers said:
tercelgold said:
Amazing value and I'm a new to Audi fan, but why is the 0-60 so slow, is it like the Saab Aeros and better once it gets moving?.

"340 bhp 6.7 seconds" I would have thought that would be 5.5 or so?
Cos it's a heavy old hector, getting on for two tonnes with that lump up front, so it takes a while to get moving. And the gearing is set more for touring than racing Barry in his Fiesta with the stripes away from the lights.

A 340 bhp TVR, at just over half the weight, takes around the 5 second mark to 60, by way of comparison.
I can assure you they don't smile
I see you have a 450 Griff, and we know that the published, expert driver, brand new car, clutch ripping time is, about 4.2 secs......but have you actually timed a real, used one? My 400 Chim is supposed to do it in 5.1 secs, but it is nearer 6 seconds in reality.

theironduke

6,995 posts

74 months

[news] 
Saturday 6th October 2012 quote quote all
TheLordJohn said:
theironduke said:


http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1996-JAGUAR-XJ6-4-0-SPOR...

Over my ideal budget but seems a hell of a car! 55k! Very tempted... Ideal spec, 4.0 Sport with cream cow, ideally black but can't win them all!
Awesome!
Seen another which is less dosh (still only done 90k with fsh though!) and also in dream spec....Sport with cream cow and black paint....the catch it's a 3.2....

But its 700 odd quid less....

volks al

4,057 posts

100 months

[news] 
Saturday 6th October 2012 quote quote all
CharlesdeGaulle said:
volks al said:


This is for sale on my work site, seems a good buy maybe?
I thought that house looked like a married quarter and checked your profile to see if you were in my previous neck of the woods - thought it was my very house! But it's not.

I reckon that car's worth a look.
It's a quarter at Northwood, god knows how much they would be worth on civvie street!

TheLordJohn

2,949 posts

32 months

[news] 
Saturday 6th October 2012 quote quote all
theironduke said:
Seen another which is less dosh (still only done 90k with fsh though!) and also in dream spec....Sport with cream cow and black paint....the catch it's a 3.2....

But its 700 odd quid less....
Get a least one of them bought!
Advertisement

BlueMR2

6,269 posts

88 months

[news] 
Saturday 6th October 2012 quote quote all
So what reasonably priced tyres does one use on ones 300e-24?

V8mate

37,009 posts

75 months

[news] 
Saturday 6th October 2012 quote quote all
(Apologies if a repost) I've never really liked the E38 7ers, but I do think that a de-chrome helps improve things considerably.


hornetrider

49,024 posts

91 months

[news] 
Saturday 6th October 2012 quote quote all
V8mate said:
(Apologies if a repost) I've never really liked the E38 7ers, but I do think that a de-chrome helps improve things considerably.

I recognise that so we've definitely seen it. Lovely spec and looks well.

Rollcage

11,307 posts

78 months

[news] 
Saturday 6th October 2012 quote quote all
V8mate said:
(Apologies if a repost) I've never really liked the E38 7ers, but I do think that a de-chrome helps improve things considerably.

You can't not like E38s on this thread hehe The knives will be out!

That does look nice - must have been for sale a while, can't remember any recent appearances.

sparks_E39

8,411 posts

99 months

[news] 
Saturday 6th October 2012 quote quote all
V8mate said:
(Apologies if a repost) I've never really liked the E38 7ers, but I do think that a de-chrome helps improve things considerably.

Only by approximately a billion percent*


  • hates chrome

S3_Graham

11,992 posts

85 months

[news] 
Saturday 6th October 2012 quote quote all
sparks_E39 said:
V8mate said:
(Apologies if a repost) I've never really liked the E38 7ers, but I do think that a de-chrome helps improve things considerably.

Only by approximately a billion percent*

  • hates chrome
really like that

SpeckledJim

7,899 posts

139 months

[news] 
Saturday 6th October 2012 quote quote all
sparks_E39 said:
SpeckledJim said:
ECP. Not a lot.
Thanks, any reccomended brands?
Not from me, but I'm hardly Fangio. From £35 which seems very cheap.

Zwolf

24,583 posts

92 months

[news] 
Saturday 6th October 2012 quote quote all
V8mate said:
(Apologies if a repost) I've never really liked the E38 7ers, but I do think that a de-chrome helps improve things considerably.

That looks great, although I'd probably fit gingercators or at least pre-facelift clear rears.

The dechroming was standard as part of the Sport package for early E38s, itself a fairly rare option.

On the phone so can't judge too well, but that looks like Dolphin Grey, which is also lovely.

I don't mind chrome if it's with a dark metallic colour like the various blacks, greens or Orient Blue. Silver looks crap with it though.

Rollcage

11,307 posts

78 months

[news] 
Saturday 6th October 2012 quote quote all
What's this about an Alpina suspension pack on that Dolphin E38?

sparks_E39

8,411 posts

99 months

[news] 
Saturday 6th October 2012 quote quote all
That's a lovely E38 though.

CharlesdeGaulle

3,154 posts

66 months

[news] 
Saturday 6th October 2012 quote quote all
volks al said:
CharlesdeGaulle said:
volks al said:


This is for sale on my work site, seems a good buy maybe?
I thought that house looked like a married quarter and checked your profile to see if you were in my previous neck of the woods - thought it was my very house! But it's not.

I reckon that car's worth a look.
It's a quarter at Northwood, god knows how much they would be worth on civvie street!
It's scarey, the thought that we couldn't afford to buy the dilapidated places we live in! Sobering too.

Ordinary_Chap

7,520 posts

129 months

[news] 
Saturday 6th October 2012 quote quote all
CharlesdeGaulle said:
volks al said:
CharlesdeGaulle said:
volks al said:


This is for sale on my work site, seems a good buy maybe?
I thought that house looked like a married quarter and checked your profile to see if you were in my previous neck of the woods - thought it was my very house! But it's not.

I reckon that car's worth a look.
It's a quarter at Northwood, god knows how much they would be worth on civvie street!
It's scarey, the thought that we couldn't afford to buy the dilapidated places we live in! Sobering too.
Northwood eh? Worked there for a few years!

Lee

cmoose

25,783 posts

115 months

[news] 
Saturday 6th October 2012 quote quote all
theironduke said:


http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1996-JAGUAR-XJ6-4-0-SPOR...

Over my ideal budget but seems a hell of a car! 55k! Very tempted... Ideal spec, 4.0 Sport with cream cow, ideally black but can't win them all!
Gawd. Get. It. Bought.

V8Wagon

1,355 posts

46 months

[news] 
Saturday 6th October 2012 quote quote all
http://classifieds.pistonheads.com/classifieds/use...

After all those 'mods' you'd think they could have budgeted for a decent looking exhaust!


Trustmeimadoctor

1,882 posts

41 months

[news] 
Sunday 7th October 2012 quote quote all
What's a r reg 728 worth with about 70k on the clock Arctic silver black leather 5 months tax 11 months mot says it has premium audio what ever that is
It does look very tidy

1 2 ... 270 271
273 274 ... 504 505
TOPIC CLOSED