Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
1
3 4 ... 499 500
TOPIC CLOSED
Author Discussion

Gaz.

49,797 posts

135 months

[news] 
Saturday 29th September 2012 quote quote all
LHD said:
Just ran a quote for insurance on that M3 for me:

£1600 fully comp.

rofl

Jog. On.
Jesus, what on earth have you done?

LHD

16,788 posts

71 months

[news] 
Saturday 29th September 2012 quote quote all
It appears if you tell the truth and put motor trade on your personal insurance then vaseline would be advisable...

Gaz.

49,797 posts

135 months

[news] 
Saturday 29th September 2012 quote quote all
LHD said:
It appears if you tell the truth and put motor trade on your personal insurance then vaseline would be advisable...
Not half! I just got a quote for £465.92

sleep envy

61,810 posts

133 months

[news] 
Saturday 29th September 2012 quote quote all
LHD said:
It appears if you tell the truth and put motor destruction on your personal insurance then vaseline would be advisable...
Ahem.

bmthnick1981

4,201 posts

100 months

[news] 
Saturday 29th September 2012 quote quote all
V8mate said:
That photo highlights an important exception to a rule.

Grass adds to the value of a car, EXCEPT where such grass is the recreation area on a council estate.
hehe
Advertisement

LHD

16,788 posts

71 months

[news] 
Saturday 29th September 2012 quote quote all
sleep envy said:
LHD said:
It appears if you tell the truth and put motor destruction on your personal insurance then vaseline would be advisable...
Ahem.
Quiet you.

Chrisw666

22,654 posts

83 months

[news] 
Saturday 29th September 2012 quote quote all
I have nothing to say but I'll never find the thread without it being in my stuff.

jeremyc

11,908 posts

168 months

[news] 
Saturday 29th September 2012 quote quote all
Chrisw666 said:
I have nothing to say but I'll never find the thread without it being in my stuff.
Y'know that's what the 'Watch' and 'Bookmark' buttons are for, don't you? smile

Not that we don't value your insightful contribution. wink

fluffnik

19,527 posts

111 months

[news] 
Saturday 29th September 2012 quote quote all
Chrisw666 said:
I have nothing to say but I'll never find the thread without it being in my stuff.
...and there's no "watch" button on the mobile site.

melvster

6,607 posts

69 months

[news] 
Saturday 29th September 2012 quote quote all
Embryonic said:
melvster in Vol X said:
What's the general opinion of these? I rather like this, and miss my old V8 and auto 'box.
I have a real soft spot for the W202 AMG's, very understated and a rare sight nowadays. There is not a great deal of info about them on the net compared to M3's and Audi's S models from the same era. The only weakspots i have heard is obviously the crusty arches and sills and the gearbox but i think some upgrade to the W210 E55 'box. Your best bet is to seek out a buyers guide, ideally from a Mercedes Enthusiast magazine and speak to a couple of specialist. Like i mentioned, i would be tempted due to the exclusivity and the 90's ness about them, which i really do like.

Zwolf

24,246 posts

90 months

[news] 
Saturday 29th September 2012 quote quote all
melvster said:
Embryonic said:
melvster in Vol X said:
What's the general opinion of these? I rather like this, and miss my old V8 and auto 'box.
I have a real soft spot for the W202 AMG's, very understated and a rare sight nowadays. There is not a great deal of info about them on the net compared to M3's and Audi's S models from the same era. The only weakspots i have heard is obviously the crusty arches and sills and the gearbox but i think some upgrade to the W210 E55 'box. Your best bet is to seek out a buyers guide, ideally from a Mercedes Enthusiast magazine and speak to a couple of specialist. Like i mentioned, i would be tempted due to the exclusivity and the 90's ness about them, which i really do like.
There's a handful of C55s of that generation out there, for some reason I want one more than I've ever wanted an E36 M3 - and I tend to bleed Bavarian Blue and white in most situations.

sleep envy

61,810 posts

133 months

[news] 
Saturday 29th September 2012 quote quote all
jeremyc said:
Chrisw666 said:
I have nothing to say but I'll never find the thread without it being in my stuff.
Y'know that's what the 'Watch' and 'Bookmark' buttons are for, don't you? smile

Not that we don't value your insightful contribution. wink
Is that why whenever we get a new volume the biggrin keeps getting dropped from the thread title?

melvster

6,607 posts

69 months

[news] 
Sunday 30th September 2012 quote quote all
Zwolf said:
There's a handful of C55s of that generation out there, for some reason I want one more than I've ever wanted an E36 M3 - and I tend to bleed Bavarian Blue and white in most situations.
I would love a W202 C55 Wagon but crikey they are rare. I would say i was more of a munich fan but in recent years have took a big interest into the dark side.

Embryonic

2,352 posts

59 months

[news] 
Sunday 30th September 2012 quote quote all
melvster said:
I have a real soft spot for the W202 AMG's, very understated and a rare sight nowadays. There is not a great deal of info about them on the net compared to M3's and Audi's S models from the same era. The only weakspots i have heard is obviously the crusty arches and sills and the gearbox but i think some upgrade to the W210 E55 'box. Your best bet is to seek out a buyers guide, ideally from a Mercedes Enthusiast magazine and speak to a couple of specialist. Like i mentioned, i would be tempted due to the exclusivity and the 90's ness about them, which i really do like.
I've always rather liked them too. Not a brilliant advert but I've pinged him an email anyway, he mentions a WRX as p/x, and a Legacy GTB isn't a million miles away...

jeremyc

11,908 posts

168 months

[news] 
Sunday 30th September 2012 quote quote all
sleep envy said:
Is that why whenever we get a new volume the biggrin keeps getting dropped from the thread title?
Whaddya mean? wink

Chrisw666

22,654 posts

83 months

[news] 
Sunday 30th September 2012 quote quote all
jeremyc said:
Chrisw666 said:
I have nothing to say but I'll never find the thread without it being in my stuff.
Y'know that's what the 'Watch' and 'Bookmark' buttons are for, don't you? smile

Not that we don't value your insightful contribution. wink
That would mean I had to check my watched and bookmarked threads. Far too much like work.

Aizle

12,426 posts

59 months

[news] 
Sunday 30th September 2012 quote quote all
I followed this up Edgware Road just now.



493 cubic inches....

He said it goes better on the drag strip that the road. It sounded totes amaze.

Embryonic

2,352 posts

59 months

[news] 
Sunday 30th September 2012 quote quote all
Aizle said:
I followed this up Edgware Road just now.



493 cubic inches....

He said it goes better on the drag strip that the road. It sounded totes amaze.
fking teacakes!

chris116

572 posts

52 months

[news] 
Sunday 30th September 2012 quote quote all
LHD said:
Eleven volumes of talking ste about cars.

Lets keep it up chaps. biggrin
yes

The Thread's 100,000th post should be early on in this volume by my reckoning.

_Batty_

12,191 posts

134 months

[news] 
Sunday 30th September 2012 quote quote all
Right, up for silverstone. Wish me luck smile
Hopefully you lot will have suggested something bork-laden on my return.
M
1
3 4 ... 499 500
TOPIC CLOSED