Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
1 2 ... 15 16
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

PKZ4M

130 posts

35 months

[news] 
Monday 5th November 2012 quote quote all
Mermaid said:
Congrats - clearly the previous owner did not keep the car for long. Anyone else noticed if 1M's are changing hands earlier than you would expect, for this great all in one package?
Barely used it.... delivered Jan 2012, running in service in Apri, another 1,000 miles added then sold back to supplying dealer. Whilst there are a few early changers there are usually less than 10 for sale in the BMW network, plus a few on pistonheads, so looks like most of the 450 sold are still being used / enjoyed..... I'm glad the previous owner hardly used mine..

PKZ4M

130 posts

35 months

[news] 
Monday 5th November 2012 quote quote all
GroundEffect said:
Go on then, tell us how they compare. I need to find an eventual successor to my Z4M smile
Ok.... so the Z4M sounds better..... but other than that we have positive progress in most areas! Much more torque, so you don't need to change gear as much, however, changing gear is now a pleasure not a chore.... Feels more "alive" and eager to turn-in. Also more grown up when you want to be (I know) which means my wife happier to drive it, and also fits the kids..... which even though it's just an occassional car is very handy!! Engine very smooth too... revs well for a turbo, and throttle response is very good. Roads were very wet yesterday, so there was no chucking it around, but it can be driven without the DSC light flashing all the time, just need to be a bit progressive with the loud pedal.

I love the looks, I was originally going to get a white one, but that's a bit more in your face.... All a bit more subtle in black.

Summary.... perfect replacement for Z4M.... still fast, well built, interesting and a rare sight on the road. Awesome.



Mermaid

18,236 posts

58 months

[news] 
Tuesday 6th November 2012 quote quote all
PKZ4M said:
Summary.... perfect replacement for Z4M.... still fast, well built, interesting and a rare sight on the road. Awesome.
Which one is the better track car?

s m

10,503 posts

90 months

[news] 
Tuesday 6th November 2012 quote quote all
Mermaid said:
PKZ4M said:
Summary.... perfect replacement for Z4M.... still fast, well built, interesting and a rare sight on the road. Awesome.
Which one is the better track car?
Has he had chance to get it on a track yet?

PKZ4M

130 posts

35 months

[news] 
Tuesday 6th November 2012 quote quote all
Mermaid said:
Which one is the better track car?
Give me a chance, I only had it delivered on Sunday..... and I've been in Dublin since that evening.... we've had 3 hours together so far!!!! ;-)

Will take it on track when I get chance, but that may not be until well into 2013.....


Edited by PKZ4M on Tuesday 6th November 19:29

Advertisement

V8A*ndy

2,193 posts

78 months

[news] 
Tuesday 6th November 2012 quote quote all
PKZ4M said:
Give me a chance, I only had it delivered on Sunday..... and I've been in Dublin since that evening.... we've had 3 hours together so far!!!! ;-)

Will take it on track when I get chance, but that may not be until well into 2013.....


Edited by PKZ4M on Tuesday 6th November 19:29
You in ROI or the North/ both?

PKZ4M

130 posts

35 months

[news] 
Tuesday 6th November 2012 quote quote all
V8A*ndy said:
You in ROI or the North/ both?
I'm based in Dublin RoI, but still in England quite a bit, which is where I keep the 1M.

V8A*ndy

2,193 posts

78 months

[news] 
Tuesday 6th November 2012 quote quote all
Ok though maybe you lived over here.

That would be another 1M in the club.

PKZ4M

130 posts

35 months

[news] 
Tuesday 6th November 2012 quote quote all
V8A*ndy said:
Ok though maybe you lived over here.

That would be another 1M in the club.
If "over here" is England, then count me in, as my 1M is kept there and I'm back 4/5 times a month..... Btw what is the club?

PKZ4M

130 posts

35 months

[news] 
Tuesday 6th November 2012 quote quote all
V8A*ndy said:
Ok though maybe you lived over here.

That would be another 1M in the club.
Just seen that you're in NI...... I've been to a few track days at Kirkistown.... Really enjoyed it there.

V8A*ndy

2,193 posts

78 months

[news] 
Tuesday 6th November 2012 quote quote all
PKZ4M said:
V8A*ndy said:
Ok though maybe you lived over here.

That would be another 1M in the club.
Just seen that you're in NI...... I've been to a few track days at Kirkistown.... Really enjoyed it there.
Yeah i'm not far from there. Kirky is a fast track. They have done loads of work recently pit bays and everything.

Always a good day out apart from the wind.

PKZ4M

130 posts

35 months

[news] 
Monday 19th November 2012 quote quote all
Had first "proper" cross country drive today on dry roads...... What a great car the 1M is...... Awesome piece of kit.

it might not sound quite as good as my old Z4M, but boy does it go..... so much torque always available. Really quick car!

Handles great too, and the gear change is also excellent.

I love it!


cerb4.5lee

4,587 posts

67 months

[news] 
Tuesday 20th November 2012 quote quote all
PKZ4M said:
Had first "proper" cross country drive today on dry roads...... What a great car the 1M is...... Awesome piece of kit.

it might not sound quite as good as my old Z4M, but boy does it go..... so much torque always available. Really quick car!

Handles great too, and the gear change is also excellent.

I love it!
Pleased your enjoying it, I really like the 1M I bet it feels a lot faster than the zed with it being turbocharged, there is one thing though the 1M wouldn't have to try hard to have a better gearbox than the Z4M the gearbox isn't one of the zed's strongest suits!

Have fun thumbup

1 2 ... 15 16
Reply to Topic