Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
2
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

jamoor

Original Poster:

7,319 posts

101 months

[news] 
Saturday 13th October 2012 quote quote all
For all those cheapskates that refuse to pay for depreciation, list the cars you're waiting for!

GT86 - I'm waiting for this to go to £5k
BMW 6GT - £15k

What are you waiting for?

Darkslider

2,333 posts

75 months

[news] 
Saturday 13th October 2012 quote quote all
Always been a lover of fast Fords, an Escort Cosworth has always been my dream car but with prices so high on them and the Focus RS going the same way I think I'll never be able to afford one.

So hoping the Focus ST will be dropping a bit more as they made a lot more of them and they haven't got that 'RS' badge. A 3 door ST2 would be a good purchase if they ever drop to within my budget. (less than £3k is possible I guess?)

Benbay001

3,668 posts

43 months

[news] 
Saturday 13th October 2012 quote quote all
Id buy any hypercar for less than £10k. Im not fussy.

Luke.

6,573 posts

136 months

[news] 
Saturday 13th October 2012 quote quote all
C63 for <£15k thank you very much.

Vince70

1,776 posts

80 months

[news] 
Saturday 13th October 2012 quote quote all
I'm waiting for the A5 to come down to £500, so in about 18years time I should be able to buy an early example with about 250000 miles on the clock with a dubious service history which has been a cat c lol.

Advertisement

ArmaghMan

1,178 posts

66 months

[news] 
Saturday 13th October 2012 quote quote all
Luke. said:
C63 for <£15k thank you very much.
This or the right E60 M5.

Luke.

6,573 posts

136 months

[news] 
Saturday 13th October 2012 quote quote all
I like the idea of this thread. Surprised you didn't get more responses.

Speed addicted

2,111 posts

113 months

[news] 
Saturday 13th October 2012 quote quote all
The BMW X6 is dropping nicely, when they get below around £20k I may get one.

LaurasOtherHalf

8,364 posts

82 months

[news] 
Saturday 13th October 2012 quote quote all
Boxster spyders for £30k scratchchin (not just leggy ones mind)

PH lurker

1,300 posts

43 months

[news] 
Saturday 13th October 2012 quote quote all
The Range Rover that has just been replaced would make a nice motor for a few thousand quid in few years.

Dave Hedgehog

7,278 posts

90 months

[news] 
Saturday 13th October 2012 quote quote all
R8 V8 spyder with duel clutch 50k

Liquid Tuna

1,143 posts

42 months

[news] 
Saturday 13th October 2012 quote quote all
Speed addicted said:
The BMW X6 is dropping nicely, when they get below around £20k I may get one.
That's a good shout. I hated them when they first came out as I couldn't see the point, but I really like them now as they're just a brash gas-guzzling eco-nightmare. £20k's still a bit steep for me mind.

Gooly

554 posts

34 months

[news] 
Saturday 13th October 2012 quote quote all
BRZ/86 for the 5k mark

That's it really, everything else I like has pretty much already hit the bottom of it's depreciation curve. Chances are alot of it (clean E36s etc) will have appreciated back out of budget by the time I can afford to insure them...

matthias73

2,196 posts

36 months

[news] 
Saturday 13th October 2012 quote quote all
PH lurker said:
The Range Rover that has just been replaced would make a nice motor for a few thousand quid in few years.
I concur, I want one as a ski wagon.

MarkRSi

4,268 posts

104 months

[news] 
Saturday 13th October 2012 quote quote all
Megane 265 Cup. Haven't even seen one for less than £20k yet. I thought new french cars were supposed to depreciate like a stone? irked

Gaz.

50,244 posts

137 months

[news] 
Saturday 13th October 2012 quote quote all
Everything I want is either holding or going up.

That said a £12k M6 would be tempting, as would a £8k Z4M, both are realistic especially the Z4M. I can't see a GT86 ever being as low as £5k but would be tempted at £10k.

Speed addicted

2,111 posts

113 months

[news] 
Saturday 13th October 2012 quote quote all
Liquid Tuna said:
Speed addicted said:
The BMW X6 is dropping nicely, when they get below around £20k I may get one.
That's a good shout. I hated them when they first came out as I couldn't see the point, but I really like them now as they're just a brash gas-guzzling eco-nightmare. £20k's still a bit steep for me mind.
One of the lads I work with paid £66k for his new. It's got pretty much the perfect spec for me (40D, heads up display, brash white with black wheels) but is about £46K too expensive!

I'd love a 6 series too, and can afford to buy and run one but I need a practical car that can take the dog, mountain bikes and works in winter.

k-ink

6,083 posts

65 months

[news] 
Saturday 13th October 2012 quote quote all
I currently run an Audi S3. My next ride will be an RS3 when the prices come down to a sensible level.

I love the mix of a compact practical load lugger, the AWD winter grip, decent poke, lovely interior quality. As a sensible yet fun all round family car they are great.

rossmc88

285 posts

46 months

[news] 
Saturday 13th October 2012 quote quote all
BMW E88 135

Wulluff

647 posts

92 months

[news] 
Saturday 13th October 2012 quote quote all
Darkslider said:
Always been a lover of fast Fords, an Escort Cosworth has always been my dream car but with prices so high on them and the Focus RS going the same way I think I'll never be able to afford one.

So hoping the Focus ST will be dropping a bit more as they made a lot more of them and they haven't got that 'RS' badge. A 3 door ST2 would be a good purchase if they ever drop to within my budget. (less than £3k is possible I guess?)
Don't wish to appear negative but no understanding of this Ford thing :/
2
Reply to Topic