Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
1 2 ... 227 228
230 231 ... 501 502
TOPIC CLOSED
Author Discussion

mgtony

2,024 posts

77 months

[news] 
Sunday 7th October 2012 quote quote all
Liquid Knight said:
Does anyone know if any of the Chop Shop cars ever made it on the road?

I know the all failed the SVA.
The Volvo 740 is on Ebay, probably the best one of a bad bunch. Looks okay if you're into hunting! wobble

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Chop-Shop-Volvo-740-Esta...

The Spruce goose

6,396 posts

82 months

[news] 
Sunday 7th October 2012 quote quote all
Urban Sports said:
Saw this today, beautiful.



?

AlexRS2782

2,004 posts

100 months

[news] 
Sunday 7th October 2012 quote quote all
Bloody hell that Westlife Punto takes vinyl wrapping to a whole new level laugh

SCRR

73 posts

29 months

[news] 
Sunday 7th October 2012 quote quote all
AlexRS2782 said:
Bloody hell that Westlife Punto takes vinyl wrapping to a whole new level laugh
I will torch that car if I ever see it.

I will torch Westlife if I ever see them.

rohrl

5,383 posts

32 months

[news] 
Monday 8th October 2012 quote quote all
SCRR said:
I will torch that car if I ever see it.

I will torch Westlife if I ever see them.
I'm alright with this.
Advertisement

carlove

4,212 posts

54 months

[news] 
Monday 8th October 2012 quote quote all
Glassman said:
Give him respect, he dared to have his X6 painted green rather than white.

While I'm here, what about this?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROVER-SD1-3500-WIDE-ARCH...

Edited by carlove on Monday 8th October 00:39

kiwifraser

4,382 posts

81 months

[news] 
Monday 8th October 2012 quote quote all
carlove said:
Give him respect, he dared to have his X6 painted green rather than white.

While I'm here, what about this?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROVER-SD1-3500-WIDE-ARCH...

Edited by carlove on Monday 8th October 00:39
I don't mind that... A nod to the 80's modifying trends that were cool at the time.

Downton Mini

1,026 posts

51 months

[news] 
Monday 8th October 2012 quote quote all
kiwifraser said:
I don't mind that... A nod to the 80's modifying trends that were cool at the time.
I quite like the Rover too looks quite cool in a retro way

Liquid Knight

12,308 posts

70 months

[news] 
Monday 8th October 2012 quote quote all
mgtony said:
Liquid Knight said:
Does anyone know if any of the Chop Shop cars ever made it on the road?

I know the all failed the SVA.
The Volvo 740 is on Ebay, probably the best one of a bad bunch. Looks okay if you're into hunting! wobble

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Chop-Shop-Volvo-740-Esta...
eBay Advert said:
When I bought it , it was on standard and frankly quite weedy looking Volvo alloys , with dodgy alloy wheel spacers which would come loose after 5 miles or so

I had a set of steel spacers /adapters made up , and fitted wide Porsche split rims , and the Grabber tyre that are on it now.
We also sorted out a few TV bodges , gave it a full service and fitted a decent exhaust system .
The red Bently with extra headlights is used to advertise a Bentley breakers in France. frown Poor car.

Rollcage

11,311 posts

79 months

[news] 
Monday 8th October 2012 quote quote all
mgtony said:
The Volvo 740 is on Ebay, probably the best one of a bad bunch. Looks okay if you're into hunting! wobble

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Chop-Shop-Volvo-740-Esta...
Whose is it then - massive PH smileys on the rear doors!

XJSJohn

14,090 posts

106 months

[news] 
Monday 8th October 2012 quote quote all
Rollcage said:
mgtony said:
The Volvo 740 is on Ebay, probably the best one of a bad bunch. Looks okay if you're into hunting! wobble

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Chop-Shop-Volvo-740-Esta...
Whose is it then - massive PH smileys on the rear doors!
Team Dredd(less) - a quick search back through past LM threads will find a few likely candidates!

irocfan

5,726 posts

77 months

[news] 
Monday 8th October 2012 quote quote all
kiwifraser said:
carlove said:
Give him respect, he dared to have his X6 painted green rather than white.

While I'm here, what about this?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ROVER-SD1-3500-WIDE-ARCH...

Edited by carlove on Monday 8th October 00:39
I don't mind that... A nod to the 80's modifying trends that were cool at the time.
^^^^ This... would loose the whale-tail though

Horten229

334 posts

29 months

[news] 
Monday 8th October 2012 quote quote all
That Rover was for sale in Barnsley? Can't help thinking of Rita, Sue and Bob Too laugh

Agreed re losing the "Cosworth spoiler"; paint it black, add straight thru exhaust and sports jacket rolled up to the elbows & maybe a pair of aviator shades. Better still, volunteer for "Movember" to really complete the picture. hehe

Edited by Horten229 on Monday 8th October 23:36

ambuletz

2,700 posts

68 months

[news] 
Monday 8th October 2012 quote quote all
Was browsing MX5s on ebay and came across this bizzare mk1 headlight conversion.

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MAZDA-MX5-EUNOS-CONVERTIBLE-1-8...

How strange looking. There wasn't a single thing wrong with the mk1's pop-up lights!

Ian974

1,854 posts

86 months

[news] 
Monday 8th October 2012 quote quote all
It just occured that 80s cars seem to have wide wheels with huge tyres and try to get the arches to fit over them. Now folk get huge wheels with small tyres and stretch them to fit under the standard arches. Just an odd observation!
That hyundai coupe seems to have an appropriate plate, 'Yerg!' sounds like a reaction to seeing it!

gowmonster

1,646 posts

54 months

[news] 
Tuesday 9th October 2012 quote quote all
ambuletz said:
Was browsing MX5s on ebay and came across this bizzare mk1 headlight conversion.

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MAZDA-MX5-EUNOS-CONVERTIBLE-1-8...

How strange looking. There wasn't a single thing wrong with the mk1's pop-up lights!
Do you know what will set that car off nicely? a completely white steering wheel.

terenceb

675 posts

58 months

[news] 
Tuesday 9th October 2012 quote quote all
Or a can of petrol?

Dave Hedgehog

7,331 posts

91 months

[news] 
Tuesday 9th October 2012 quote quote all
This POS looks like its already been half crushed

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hotrod-VW-Landrover-/120...

Glassman

18,857 posts

102 months

[news] 
Tuesday 9th October 2012 quote quote all
gowmonster said:
ambuletz said:
Was browsing MX5s on ebay and came across this bizzare mk1 headlight conversion.

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MAZDA-MX5-EUNOS-CONVERTIBLE-1-8...

How strange looking. There wasn't a single thing wrong with the mk1's pop-up lights!
Do you know what will set that car off nicely? a completely white steering wheel.
yes

It's the bit you hold the match to.

SystemParanoia

9,696 posts

85 months

[news] 
Tuesday 9th October 2012 quote quote all

1 2 ... 227 228
230 231 ... 501 502
TOPIC CLOSED