Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
1
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

ktm301p

716 posts

73 months

[news] 
Wednesday 16th March 2011 quote quote all
1000TCR said:
Ve actualli prefer invading France... For ze zame reson or any azer.
hahahaaa thumbup

Stu R

20,730 posts

99 months

[news] 
Wednesday 16th March 2011 quote quote all
That's going to sound absolutely amazing with a decent exhaust on. I can't wait to see the new M5 in action properly, though I'm not convinced about the looks of the back end yet - perhaps a touch much of that god awful 5 series GT thing in there.

Edited by Stu R on Wednesday 16th March 16:07

Beyond Rational

3,138 posts

99 months

[news] 
Wednesday 16th March 2011 quote quote all
Is snow the 2011 replacement for the Nurburgring lap time?

margerison

222 posts

134 months

[news] 
Wednesday 16th March 2011 quote quote all
Love the big red 'abort' button on the dash in the first video! rotate

thewheelman

2,194 posts

57 months

[news] 
Wednesday 16th March 2011 quote quote all
No doubt in M5 tradition it'll be King of the performance saloons. Personally i think BMW peaked with the E39 M5, perect balance of weight, power, size etc.
Advertisement

E21_Ross

14,607 posts

96 months

[news] 
Wednesday 16th March 2011 quote quote all
thewheelman said:
No doubt in M5 tradition it'll be King of the performance saloons. Personally i think BMW peaked with the E39 M5, perect balance of weight, power, size etc.
that seems to be general consensus. but it's not as if they've made 10 M5's since then...it was only 1 car. chris harris said it feels like it's more from the E39 than the E60, which is only a good thing.

and....has there ever actually been a bad M5? smile

so far at least, every time a new M5 comes out, it's always been the top of the big sports saloon cars.

mybrainhurts

77,367 posts

139 months

[news] 
Wednesday 16th March 2011 quote quote all
1000TCR said:
mybrainhurts said:
Steff said:
so that's what Tony Blair is up to these days...
Yes, I noticed that...

Bastid gets everywhere...

Second video was a bit sinister...Schtopp....! You vill buy zis car, or ve vill invade Poland von more time...
Ve actualli prefer invading France... For ze zame reson or any azer.
Lay off...we're having that when I take over..hehe

g3org3y

8,993 posts

75 months

[news] 
Wednesday 16th March 2011 quote quote all
Beyond Rational said:
Is snow the 2011 replacement for the Nurburgring lap time?
I think he mentioned that the car had been tested on the 'Ring, South Africa, France and Sweden.


More importantly - I wonder if those were winter tyres!!

will261058

1,104 posts

76 months

[news] 
Thursday 17th March 2011 quote quote all
That sounds delicious, cant wait to see it without the swirls, but for a teaser it was at least watchable.

E21_Ross

14,607 posts

96 months

[news] 
Thursday 17th March 2011 quote quote all
g3org3y said:
I think he mentioned that the car had been tested on the 'Ring, South Africa, France and Sweden.


More importantly - I wonder if those were winter tyres!!
i think (this is to g3org3y) the point was the fact that they've come up with a decent package after doing A LOT of testing. not just that it can drive on snow with winter tyres. it's that they've tested it in the severe cold, extremely hot, on track, in cities etc to destruction to bring a good car. lets face it, every M5 thus far has been rather good.

minimatt1967

16,226 posts

90 months

[news] 
Thursday 17th March 2011 quote quote all
I wonder how many people have gone to the Mpower website and begged for a manual gearbox biggrin

thewheelman

2,194 posts

57 months

[news] 
Friday 18th March 2011 quote quote all
E21_Ross said:
thewheelman said:
No doubt in M5 tradition it'll be King of the performance saloons. Personally i think BMW peaked with the E39 M5, perect balance of weight, power, size etc.
that seems to be general consensus. but it's not as if they've made 10 M5's since then...it was only 1 car. chris harris said it feels like it's more from the E39 than the E60, which is only a good thing.

and....has there ever actually been a bad M5? smile

so far at least, every time a new M5 comes out, it's always been the top of the big sports saloon cars.
I agree, no such thing as a bad M5, infact they've all been great. Yet i still lust after the E39 above all the others smile

E21_Ross

14,607 posts

96 months

[news] 
Friday 18th March 2011 quote quote all
can hear it best in 1st clip, but sounds ok to me!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tF4QtGwfb2M&fea...

E21_Ross

14,607 posts

96 months

[news] 
Friday 18th March 2011 quote quote all
just to add, turns out this 3min video clip is not at all about showing what the car can do on snow. it's also largely about BMW extreme weather testing, and how it helps them work some of the trickery out, as it were. here is is with subtitles.

http://www.youtube.com/user/m5boarddotcom#p/u/1/3E...
1
Reply to Topic