If you want something quicker then this method will work really quickly
Simplest way of all..............
- Go to www.tinypic.com
- Click the browse button where it says File to locate the image on your PC.
- When located,and showing in the File box, hit the "Upload Now" button.
- When it says "File successfully uploaded" you'll see four boxes with http addresses.
- Just click your mouse on the address in the "IMG Code..." box. This will copy the address.
- When you have the PH Reply box open, just click your mouse when you want the image placed, and then go to Edit > Paste and that address will be there.
- Click the preview to make sure it is right pic, and then submit.
- Takes about 30 seconds!
If that still doesn't work then post on this thread for specific help or read below for other methods:
To post a picture on PistonHeads it must be hosted somewhere publicly accessible on the internet and you need to know it's webaddress (also called its URL)
If it is a picture which is saved on your own computer you will first need to have it hosted somewhere on the internet. There are several ways to do this but the easiest is to register for a free image hosting site such as:FlickrImgPlaceImageShackPicasa Web AlbumsPhotobucket
Once the image is hosted on the internet (or if it is an image you found on the internet) you will need to find the URL. Most of image hosting sites will have this information somewhere on the page with your picture but if the page the image is on doesn't have this information then it can be found by following the steps below:
1. Right click on the image
2. Click "Properties"
3. The URL will be displayed in the box that pops up (The "Location" in Firefox, or the "Address (URL)" in Internet Explorer)
Now that you have the URL, it is time to add the image to your post. First, copy and paste the complete URL into your post. Next you need to add two "tags", one before and one after the URL, exactly as shown below:
Assuming you have done everything correctly, the picture will now appear in you post when you preview or submit it.
If you are having problems, make sure the tags are exactly as shown above, including the "/" at the start of the second tag and using square brackets, and that the URL is correct (test if it works when copied into the address bar of your internet browser).