Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
2 3 ... 15 16
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

sundance002

Original Poster:

881 posts

48 months

[news] 
Monday 10th September 2012 quote quote all
Well finally the time has come to test all the new systems and sensors that have been fitted to the engine, it was fitted to the bench today and everything tested and adjusted ready to start the first mapping tomorrow, it's going to take a few days to finish the complete setup and all the maps, and I can't wait to see the results?
I will post the results .

Gadgeroonie

5,312 posts

120 months

[news] 
Monday 10th September 2012 quote quote all
engine dyno or chassis dyno ?

sundance002

Original Poster:

881 posts

48 months

[news] 
Tuesday 11th September 2012 quote quote all
Gadgeroonie said:
engine dyno or chassis dyno ?
Engine

TuxMan

8,136 posts

122 months

[news] 
Wednesday 12th September 2012 quote quote all
Good luck Craig home everything goes ok !!!!looking forward to seeing the results .

Tux

chuntington101

4,663 posts

120 months

[news] 
Thursday 13th September 2012 quote quote all
Any results yet?..... smile
Advertisement

sundance002

Original Poster:

881 posts

48 months

[news] 
Thursday 13th September 2012 quote quote all
Thanks guys, We have just finished setting up and have done nearly all the part throttle hot and cold and the wast gate springs have been balanced as they were way out , we are nearly ready to do the full power runs and complete all the varios maps i will have a total of 10, but have to wait til Monday still finishing the fuel flow as we have also changed the way the fuel will flow with a new type fuel rail , now it will push fuel through rather than sucking it through, we have also finished the new boost control regulator, and all the new sensors are now working and set. So all going to plan so far and no hiccups which has calmed my nerves finally as it was the first time he had prepared this type of engine so was crcensoreding myself but so far so good. Will post the first pics up later, and will post all the charts on Mon night.biggrin

Gadgeroonie

5,312 posts

120 months

[news] 
Thursday 13th September 2012 quote quote all
what make of dyno is it ?

sundance002

Original Poster:

881 posts

48 months

[news] 
Thursday 13th September 2012 quote quote all
Gadgeroonie said:
what make of dyno is it ?
It's a water break dyno not sure the make, but can find out.

andygtt

7,350 posts

148 months

[news] 
Thursday 13th September 2012 quote quote all
sundance002 said:
Thanks guys, We have just finished setting up and have done nearly all the part throttle hot and cold and the wast gate springs have been balanced as they were way out , we are nearly ready to do the full power runs and complete all the varios maps i will have a total of 10, but have to wait til Monday still finishing the fuel flow as we have also changed the way the fuel will flow with a new type fuel rail , now it will push fuel through rather than sucking it through, we have also finished the new boost control regulator, and all the new sensors are now working and set. So all going to plan so far and no hiccups which has calmed my nerves finally as it was the first time he had prepared this type of engine so was crcensoreding myself but so far so good. Will post the first pics up later, and will post all the charts on Mon night.biggrin
sounds like you have changed your fuel rail to be the same as mine i.e. in one end out the other with injectors in middle... interested in the new boost control regulator as the stock noble one isn't really suitable for the motec and I have to reverse the tables so 100% is wastegate spring and 0% is 2.5bar lol.

are you turning the gearbox pumps etc on via the ecu as well?

good luck with the full power runs, looking forward to seeing the results smile

sundance002

Original Poster:

881 posts

48 months

[news] 
Thursday 13th September 2012 quote quote all
andygtt said:
sounds like you have changed your fuel rail to be the same as mine i.e. in one end out the other with injectors in middle... interested in the new boost control regulator as the stock noble one isn't really suitable for the motec and I have to reverse the tables so 100% is wastegate spring and 0% is 2.5bar lol.

are you turning the gearbox pumps etc on via the ecu as well?

good luck with the full power runs, looking forward to seeing the results smile
Hi Andy, same as regarding fuel rail gives total control and stops pipes collapsing .

The Ecu will control gearbox pump and fuel pump.

Cheers

XLRONYX

212 posts

51 months

[news] 
Thursday 13th September 2012 quote quote all
andygtt said:
interested in the new boost control regulator as the stock noble one isn't really suitable for the motec and I have to reverse the tables so 100% is wastegate spring and 0% is 2.5bar lol.
Andy, does this mean that you will have max boost if the boost valve control system fails? It is much safer to configure the system such that a boost valve control failure (e.g. loss of power to the valve) results in wastegate spring boost.

Jeff

andygtt

7,350 posts

148 months

[news] 
Thursday 13th September 2012 quote quote all
XLRONYX said:
andygtt said:
interested in the new boost control regulator as the stock noble one isn't really suitable for the motec and I have to reverse the tables so 100% is wastegate spring and 0% is 2.5bar lol.
Andy, does this mean that you will have max boost if the boost valve control system fails? It is much safer to configure the system such that a boost valve control failure (e.g. loss of power to the valve) results in wastegate spring boost.

Jeff
I will have exactly the same boost as if it failed with MBE ecu!

Edited to add that stock runs waste gate spring when it has no power.

Edited by andygtt on Friday 14th September 05:38

XLRONYX

212 posts

51 months

[news] 
Thursday 13th September 2012 quote quote all
andygtt said:
I will have exactly the same boost as if it failed with MBE ecu!
I hope that's a good thing. Now I'll return this thread to its owner...

Jeff

sundance002

Original Poster:

881 posts

48 months

[news] 
Friday 14th September 2012 quote quote all
][quote=andygtt]

... interested in the new boost control regulator as the stock noble one isn't really suitable for the motec and I have to reverse the tables so 100% is wastegate spring and 0% is 2.5bar lol.




Will let you know regarding the boost reg, we have changed the bov to one the is also controled by the ecu so it will control the way the pressure is discarded its kind of a twin bov, so nothing goes to waste. It will now have total control of the boost and the way it's delivered.
All of this, is of course what I've been told and i hopefully will see it on Monday, they reckon it could reach 700bhp with everything in place, but I'm not looking for more power so will keep it where it is, so with the new box and clutch, and having changed every engine bolt to high quality locking nut I should finally have a super car for less than a 100k that will pretty much lap faster than any 458 or GTRS porkas or anything else I can think of with reliability...... Fingers crost.








Juno

1,509 posts

133 months

[news] 
Friday 14th September 2012 quote quote all
We've been talking to Terry about a 300hp Honda K20 build, he certainly knows his onions!

This little road leagal convertible would take some beating and ideal for those Sunny European Days hehe

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/4190977.htm

On Monday we were sharing the Garage with one of the Pro Drive Built Aston Martin Gt Cars, with restrictors it was burning 2 litres of top spec racing fuel a minute, God knows what it would burn at an unrestricted 700HP. Thinks the Noble could do with a Bigger tank if running 700Horses!

Good luck with the Dyno biggrin

Edited by Juno on Friday 14th September 08:43


Edited by Juno on Friday 14th September 08:44


Edited by Juno on Friday 14th September 08:45

andygtt

7,350 posts

148 months

[news] 
Friday 14th September 2012 quote quote all
supercars do more than 155mph wavey.... and I hate cruising the Riviera with a crash helmet on biggrin

Craig
I think we are on the same page with regard what we want the car to do, I also want a real porsche GT3 alternative that I can thrash round the track and not worry about... not quite there yet... but am getting there smile

and come on, we both know we are both gunning for 700+bhp... least I've come out the woodwork and admitted it lol


Gadgeroonie

5,312 posts

120 months

[news] 
Friday 14th September 2012 quote quote all
aim for 750 hp, if the engine doesn't quite get there at least you made 700 wink

Juno

1,509 posts

133 months

[news] 
Friday 14th September 2012 quote quote all
If you can top this spec for £100k you should put it into production,probably 130k time you add the Extra 30k for new chassis on top!

http://gt3europe.com/cars.php?market=false&key...

It could be a winner with M600 at £235,000 ???

Juno

1,509 posts

133 months

[news] 
Friday 14th September 2012 quote quote all
andygtt said:
supercars do more than 155mph wavey.... and I hate cruising the Riviera with a crash helmet on biggrin

Craig
I think we are on the same page with regard what we want the car to do, I also want a real porsche GT3 alternative that I can thrash round the track and not worry about... not quite there yet... but am getting there smile

and come on, we both know we are both gunning for 700+bhp... least I've come out the woodwork and admitted it lol
Not round corners though waveywaveywavey

Juno

1,509 posts

133 months

[news] 
Friday 14th September 2012 quote quote all
What's the gearbox???
2 3 ... 15 16
Reply to Topic