PistonHeads.com Forum

Or you could build a kit car?...

Or you could build a kit car?...

Author
Discussion

ChrisJ.

Original Poster:

539 posts

142 months

Tuesday 2nd October 2012
quotequote all
I saw this yesterday:
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/4282474.htm

At least it wouldn't need an IVA?

S2Mike

3,065 posts

52 months

Tuesday 2nd October 2012
quotequote all
Oh, Thats tempting!!

thescamper

835 posts

128 months

Tuesday 2nd October 2012
quotequote all
I'd be wanting to pay significantly less than £5k for that, I have got to ask why it was parked up for so long.

ChrisJ.

Original Poster:

539 posts

142 months

Tuesday 2nd October 2012
quotequote all
thescamper said:
I'd be wanting to pay significantly less than £5k for that, I have got to ask why it was parked up for so long.
I had a really good look at it. It really has just been left to seed. It's criminal.
I'd gone to view a good running similar car, but this was very tempting.
The last thing I want now is another project, so I managed to talk myself out of it.
It looks like it needs mostly time. Some money of course, but not a massive amount.

I'm used to Stratos reps. which need engineering as you go along, and cost three times as something like this before you even start.

S2Mike

3,065 posts

52 months

Tuesday 2nd October 2012
quotequote all
You would not want to have to spend too much on this, I saw a very nice one in regular use for sale at just under £7k.
Advertisement

ChrisJ.

Original Poster:

539 posts

142 months

Tuesday 2nd October 2012
quotequote all
S2Mike said:
You would not want to have to spend too much on this, I saw a very nice one in regular use for sale at just under £7k.
I've found that only the £13k to £14k ultra low miles cars need nothing refurbing to make them presentable.
I just thought that if you're looking at taking a car apart, rather than running an average price car 'as is', then this would be the cheapest way to start?

S2Mike

3,065 posts

52 months

Tuesday 2nd October 2012
quotequote all
ChrisJ. said:
I've found that only the £13k to £14k ultra low miles cars need nothing refurbing to make them presentable.
I just thought that if you're looking at taking a car apart, rather than running an average price car 'as is', then this would be the cheapest way to start?
.
Fair Point.
Could be just time and effort to spruce it up.

CanAm

1,530 posts

174 months

Tuesday 2nd October 2012
quotequote all
THIS ADVERT HAS BEEN WITHDRAWN
Damn!

vdubbin

2,149 posts

99 months

Tuesday 2nd October 2012
quotequote all

ChrisJ.

Original Poster:

539 posts

142 months

Tuesday 2nd October 2012
quotequote all
It's on SELOC too, but it looks like there may be some interest already.

ChrisJ.

Original Poster:

539 posts

142 months

Wednesday 3rd October 2012
quotequote all
And now on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&am...

I'll be interested to see how it does, compared to high mileage running cars?