Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
2 3
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

webby74

Original Poster:

451 posts

63 months

[news] 
Tuesday 15th May 2012 quote quote all
Heading up sunday for the race, anyone else going? I see Jenson button is there sunday doing autograph session and taxi rides.

chevronb37

5,889 posts

69 months

[news] 
Tuesday 15th May 2012 quote quote all
Really looking forward to Sunday. Just told my missus about Jenson being there and she's all excited to get her Canadian Grand Prix ticket signed. She adores him! Racing at Lausitz the other weekend looked more frantic than I can remember of DTM for ages. Wonder if Paffett can pull a win out of the bag - he's the form man at the moment.


sanguinary

489 posts

94 months

[news] 
Tuesday 15th May 2012 quote quote all
I'm heading down there too. First time at Brands Hatch for a few years and I'm really looking forward to it. Just need the tickets to arrive beforehand....

Fast Fuse

119 posts

51 months

[news] 
Tuesday 15th May 2012 quote quote all
I'm going on the Sunday. First time I've been to the DTM, can't wait - Jenson turning up is a bit of a bonus too! bounce

CocoUK

572 posts

65 months

[news] 
Tuesday 15th May 2012 quote quote all
I've just picked up a MotorSport Vision email that says JB will be piloting the DTM 'race taxi' & that he hasn't been to Brands since '99 in F3!

chevronb37 said:
Really looking forward to Sunday. Just told my missus about Jenson being there and she's all excited to get her Canadian Grand Prix ticket signed. She adores him!
Please say that's last years ticket. Wow, that would be absolutely awesome, a nice frame, bang it up in the study/spare-room & take a picture for us lot. Fingers crossed for you both!
Advertisement

chevronb37

5,889 posts

69 months

[news] 
Tuesday 15th May 2012 quote quote all
CocoUK said:
I've just picked up a MotorSport Vision email that says JB will be piloting the DTM 'race taxi' & that he hasn't been to Brands since '99 in F3!

chevronb37 said:
Really looking forward to Sunday. Just told my missus about Jenson being there and she's all excited to get her Canadian Grand Prix ticket signed. She adores him!
Please say that's last years ticket. Wow, that would be absolutely awesome, a nice frame, bang it up in the study/spare-room & take a picture for us lot. Fingers crossed for you both!
Certainly was! I've said I'll treat her to a little Jenson shrine as a birthday present - going to print out this photo to get signed as well. I have a cheesey photo of us stood in the grandstand at the end of the race looking soggy with Jenson's face on the big screen behind us. Well sad I know but she's very attached to him, bless her.


Roo

7,735 posts

90 months

[news] 
Tuesday 15th May 2012 quote quote all
Thinking about going along as well.

Someone I know is competing in a Lotus Elise so I can get in with them.

Paffett has been very good this year so should go well with a home crowd behind him.

rubystone

8,258 posts

142 months

[news] 
Tuesday 15th May 2012 quote quote all
If they are on the indy circuit again, don't be expecting a lot of passes. I may drop in to check out Euro F3 though.

Roo

7,735 posts

90 months

[news] 
Tuesday 15th May 2012 quote quote all
rubystone said:
If they are on the indy circuit again,
Unfortunately they are, but it does make it easier to watch.

chevronb37

5,889 posts

69 months

[news] 
Tuesday 15th May 2012 quote quote all
rubystone said:
If they are on the indy circuit again, don't be expecting a lot of passes. I may drop in to check out Euro F3 though.
Crikey, F3 makes DTM look full of action! Elise Trophy generally provides the best actual racing of the weekend.

Edited by chevronb37 on Wednesday 16th May 10:15

realjv

434 posts

49 months

[news] 
Tuesday 15th May 2012 quote quote all

Considering going Saturday to mess around and take photos of some proper touring cars.

Tinyflier

12 posts

29 months

[news] 
Wednesday 16th May 2012 quote quote all
Have my tickets and heading there for Saturday & Sunday.

Bene a few years since my son and I visited DTM - last time was at Donnington - this year we are treating ourselves to one of the hospitality suites just in case it hisses it down... somewhere to watch from a dry vantage point!

David

thechosenfamily

291 posts

38 months

[news] 
Wednesday 16th May 2012 quote quote all
I'm there Saturday and Sunday as well.

Looking forward to it

Big E 118

1,756 posts

52 months

[news] 
Wednesday 16th May 2012 quote quote all
Yep I'll be there Sunday with my son. Weather forecast isn't looking too good for the weekend but could make for some exciting racing!

Blib

26,425 posts

80 months

[news] 
Wednesday 16th May 2012 quote quote all
I went a couple of years ago, when Di Resta won, leading from start to finish. IMO, the Brands Indy circuit is way too small for these cars. I cannot remember one single legitimate pass during the whole monotonous race. 'Boring' doesn't come close to describing it.

Let's hope the new spec. cars put on a better show this year.

Altrezia

7,374 posts

94 months

[news] 
Wednesday 16th May 2012 quote quote all
Blib said:
I went a couple of years ago, when Di Resta won, leading from start to finish. IMO, the Brands Indy circuit is way too small for these cars. I cannot remember one single legitimate pass during the whole monotonous race. 'Boring' doesn't come close to describing it.

Let's hope the new spec. cars put on a better show this year.
I thought exactly the same when I was there last, too. DTM cars are fantastic, but not at brands. They should go to Silverstone or Donnington imho.

drmotorsport

154 posts

126 months

[news] 
Friday 18th May 2012 quote quote all
Does anyone know if this is on TV somewhere?

Big E 118

1,756 posts

52 months

[news] 
Friday 18th May 2012 quote quote all
drmotorsport said:
Does anyone know if this is on TV somewhere?
I think DTM is on ESPN although there is a highlight show on ITV4 about a week after.

rubystone

8,258 posts

142 months

[news] 
Friday 18th May 2012 quote quote all
chevronb37 said:
rubystone said:
If they are on the indy circuit again, don't be expecting a lot of passes. I may drop in to check out Euro F3 though.
Crikey, F3 makes DTM look full of action! Elise Trophy generally provides the best actual racing of the weekend.

Edited by chevronb37 on Wednesday 16th May 10:15
Agreed, but I know someone racing in it, so that makes it far more interesting...

rubystone

8,258 posts

142 months

[news] 
Friday 18th May 2012 quote quote all
Blib said:
I went a couple of years ago, when Di Resta won, leading from start to finish. IMO, the Brands Indy circuit is way too small for these cars. I cannot remember one single legitimate pass during the whole monotonous race. 'Boring' doesn't come close to describing it.
yes

Blib said:
Let's hope the new spec. cars put on a better show this year.
frown
2 3
Reply to Topic