Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
1
3
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

chevronb37

5,899 posts

70 months

[news] 
Saturday 19th May 2012 quote quote all
Entire field covered by eight tenths of a second in practice.

Roo

7,768 posts

91 months

[news] 
Sunday 20th May 2012 quote quote all
Just back home.

The Indy track is way too small for them as they were catching the tail enders after only a few laps.

With a lap time of 42 seconds they did 97 laps in the race time of 70 minutes.

Stuart70

600 posts

67 months

[news] 
Sunday 20th May 2012 quote quote all
Was still a good day, almost saw blue sky at one point !!

Noise was superb... did make my worries about the Corrado's noisy induction kit at a Brands trackday slightly ridiculous ....

First time for me at DTM at Brands, will not be the last.


Fast Fuse

119 posts

52 months

[news] 
Sunday 20th May 2012 quote quote all
Stuart70 said:
Was still a good day, almost saw blue sky at one point !!

Noise was superb... did make my worries about the Corrado's noisy induction kit at a Brands trackday slightly ridiculous ....

First time for me at DTM at Brands, will not be the last.
Couldn't agree more, weather held up, and the noise was great! The cracks and bangs on the over-run sound amazing.

Definately going again thumbup


realjv

434 posts

50 months

[news] 
Sunday 20th May 2012 quote quote all
Stuart70 said:
Noise was superb... did make my worries about the Corrado's noisy induction kit at a Brands trackday slightly ridiculous ....
I went down to Brands yesterday to mess about and take photos of the DTM with a borrowed large telephoto lens. Crossing over into the centre of the track at druids the noise of the DTM cars popping and banging as they go underneath echos around inside the bridge. I almost stood on the bridge just listening and gave up taking photos.
Advertisement

Rolls

1,236 posts

61 months

[news] 
Sunday 20th May 2012 quote quote all
Thought it was quite a good day out!
Few nice cars parked up on southbank too!!

paranha

592 posts

126 months

[news] 
Sunday 20th May 2012 quote quote all
The WHOLE DTM Circus, FROM presentation of Info-to Screen Driver positions and times- Constantly on large screens--to the Visable and Sound action, was worth the costs.The Bonus---Great DRY weather--Willbe back in 2013----Well done King Parfitt-from a BMW Club Man--Next time--?????

webby74

Original Poster:

451 posts

64 months

[news] 
Sunday 20th May 2012 quote quote all
Great noise stood in the middle of druids. Shame Priaulx had to retire early.
Anyway, a couple of shots from today



ArnageWRC

631 posts

43 months

[news] 
Sunday 20th May 2012 quote quote all
Get it on the GP circuit!! I'm a DTM fan, but that was a high speed procession - impressive cars nonetheless.

7/11

179 posts

94 months

[news] 
Sunday 20th May 2012 quote quote all
DTM - you have to go a long way to find a race as dull and boring as this one.
Virtually no overtaking for 70 mins just a high speed precession.

And if Mr Palmer had given them the new Graham Hill bend they so desire it would be equally dull and boring.

Thank God for the excellent support programme, some proper racing, except of course for the Euro F3 which was as dull as DTM

I will not be returning.

IainW

1,587 posts

59 months

[news] 
Sunday 20th May 2012 quote quote all
Sounds like the Champ Cars. The show is impressive, but not suited to the circuit at all. A friend of mine went on Friday and said he'd be tempted to go see them elsewhere like Zandvoort. Where they really can stretch their legs.

carguy88

296 posts

95 months

[news] 
Monday 21st May 2012 quote quote all
Some of my pictures:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.425466594...

sorry about the (facebook) quality!



Edited by carguy88 on Monday 21st May 01:47

realjv

434 posts

50 months

[news] 
Monday 21st May 2012 quote quote all


All my pictures from the racing are here
https://plus.google.com/photos/1127179233802591858...

I've also got another batch of Damon Hill and mates which I'll post up later.

Big E 118

1,757 posts

53 months

[news] 
Monday 21st May 2012 quote quote all
ArnageWRC said:
Get it on the GP circuit!! I'm a DTM fan, but that was a high speed procession - impressive cars nonetheless.
I enjoyed the day, the DTM cars are impressive and the support races were good especially the Euro Nascars. They looked a right handful! Some bravery by the cameraman on Hailwood hill, did you see the Nascar hit the tyre wall in front of him and blow his cap off. We were standing opposite and for a minute thought it was his head that had come off. eek

I believe the reason the DTM's don't run on the GP circuit is that the run offs are not big enough to adhere to their regulations. It is a shame.

Some excellent photos on this thread.

chevronb37

5,899 posts

70 months

[news] 
Monday 21st May 2012 quote quote all
I thought compared to previous years there was actually quite a lot of overtaking in the DTM race!

The NASCAR and Elise Trophy races made up for the lack of overtaking. Great day out and very encouraging to see BMW's participation - and success.

sanguinary

495 posts

95 months

[news] 
Monday 21st May 2012 quote quote all
I enjoyed the day. The DTM wasn't the most exiting of races but the spectacular (and noise) made up for it. The support races were very good as per usual. The Nascars sounded angry coming up the hill towards Druids and the Lotus races provided some belting overtakes too.

I now have 1068 photos to go through. Will post some up when I'm done sorting...

Dr Gonzo

159 posts

57 months

[news] 
Monday 21st May 2012 quote quote all
Big E 118 said:
I enjoyed the day, the DTM cars are impressive and the support races were good especially the Euro Nascars. They looked a right handful! Some bravery by the cameraman on Hailwood hill, did you see the Nascar hit the tyre wall in front of him and blow his cap off. We were standing opposite and for a minute thought it was his head that had come off. eek

I believe the reason the DTM's don't run on the GP circuit is that the run offs are not big enough to adhere to their regulations. It is a shame.

Some excellent photos on this thread.
I was standing opposite that NASCAR spin off too, and it was some impact. The cameraman really had to dive for it! He went shortly after that ( - probably to change his trousers..)

I agree that the DTM would be far better on the Grand Prix circuit. Shame if they can't because of regs.

VTECMatt

564 posts

122 months

[news] 
Monday 21st May 2012 quote quote all
I was racing in the Lotus Elise Trophy yesterday started last, finished 15th, which turned out to be be a god send with some of the first lap incidents, finished 15th and blew the engine on the last lap, great fun to drive in front of such a big crowd hope the racing in our series was enjoyable.

pixelpimp

619 posts

81 months

[news] 
Monday 21st May 2012 quote quote all
I was quite surprised with the NASCAR races, some good battles and great sounding V8s.








carguy88

296 posts

95 months

[news] 
Monday 21st May 2012 quote quote all
VTECMatt said:
I was racing in the Lotus Elise Trophy yesterday started last, finished 15th, which turned out to be be a god send with some of the first lap incidents, finished 15th and blew the engine on the last lap, great fun to drive in front of such a big crowd hope the racing in our series was enjoyable.
it was for me! I thought it was very entertaining and the speeds achieved were somewhat surprising for me!
1
3
Reply to Topic