Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
1
3 4 ... 32 33
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

darren9

716 posts

81 months

[news] 
Saturday 29th September 2012 quote quote all
Paul O'Neil has said he's signed up to itv sport for silverstone.

I'd like to see Gio or Turks but I can't see it happening. My money is on Gillham as it gives development to the insignia and Tony seat time in an NGTC.

MG CHRIS

4,256 posts

53 months

[news] 
Saturday 29th September 2012 quote quote all
Well tony is looking to buy 2 ngtc cars for next year and build another 2 cars so could well be tony is driving the car to shake it down for 2013.

Other news for silverstone both lea wood and dan welch will be back in the vectra and proton also techspeed will be back with a turbo cruze for joe girling a driver from the sport max series.

So with thoese 3 back and thorney motorsport we will have a 24 car grid which is not to bad.

IainW

1,594 posts

61 months

[news] 
Saturday 29th September 2012 quote quote all
MG CHRIS said:
Well tony is looking to buy 2 ngtc cars for next year and build another 2 cars so could well be tony is driving the car to shake it down for 2013.
I saw that. It's a strange one. I don't think he'll be in the Insignia either, it's a new driver who has previous experience of the BTCC. Otherwise Thorney would have just said Gilham was returning. I don't think Gilham has the money to drive anymore this year, judging by him leasing out his car every round. No idea who they're running this round in the Honda.

MG CHRIS

4,256 posts

53 months

[news] 
Saturday 29th September 2012 quote quote all
IainW said:
MG CHRIS said:
Well tony is looking to buy 2 ngtc cars for next year and build another 2 cars so could well be tony is driving the car to shake it down for 2013.
I saw that. It's a strange one. I don't think he'll be in the Insignia either, it's a new driver who has previous experience of the BTCC. Otherwise Thorney would have just said Gilham was returning. I don't think Gilham has the money to drive anymore this year, judging by him leasing out his car every round. No idea who they're running this round in the Honda.
Aron williamson from the renault clio cup and used to race in both ginetta series.

jds32

341 posts

33 months

[news] 
Saturday 29th September 2012 quote quote all
Stefan Hodgetts ??
Advertisement

IainW

1,594 posts

61 months

[news] 
Sunday 30th September 2012 quote quote all
MG CHRIS said:
Aron williamson from the renault clio cup and used to race in both ginetta series.
Nope, he's in the car at Brands only.

MG CHRIS

4,256 posts

53 months

[news] 
Sunday 30th September 2012 quote quote all
IainW said:
MG CHRIS said:
Aron williamson from the renault clio cup and used to race in both ginetta series.
Nope, he's in the car at Brands only.
Teaches me to read the whole artical then i have no idea who the driver will be.

MMC Andy

527 posts

107 months

[news] 
Monday 1st October 2012 quote quote all
decadence said:
darren9 said:
I've just seen this tweet from thorney

@ThorneyMS: New driver for Insignia announced on Monday. Been in Btcc before, any guesses?

Ideas from PH?

I'm guessing at Tony Gillham, he's driven the car before and he's giving seat time to other people in his civic recently.



Edited by darren9 on Saturday 29th September 08:05
Giovanardi? Turkington?
Chris Stockton will be in the car.


Amateurish

3,858 posts

108 months

[news] 
Monday 1st October 2012 quote quote all
Anyone got any Sunday tickets they can't use?

The Wookie

10,031 posts

114 months

[news] 
Monday 1st October 2012 quote quote all
MMC Andy said:
Chris Stockton will be in the car.
Uh oh

jasonplato

28 posts

66 months

[news] 
Monday 1st October 2012 quote quote all
Mr decadence, it appears I have upset you in the past. I would like to make amends, Why not come along to one of the BTCC events as my personal guest. It would be great to catch up and chat face to face, you never know, I might learn something about motorsport from you. I have organised some colouring in books and crayons for when you get bored. Please feel free to email me on info@jasonplato.com.

Wacky Racer

22,308 posts

133 months

[news] 
Monday 1st October 2012 quote quote all
jasonplato said:
Mr decadence, it appears I have upset you in the past. I would like to make amends, Why not come along to one of the BTCC events as my personal guest. It would be great to catch up and chat face to face, you never know, I might learn something about motorsport from you. I have organised some colouring in books and crayons for when you get bored. Please feel free to email me on info@jasonplato.com.
laugh

EDLT

14,716 posts

92 months

[news] 
Monday 1st October 2012 quote quote all
laugh

MG CHRIS

4,256 posts

53 months

[news] 
Monday 1st October 2012 quote quote all
laugh so will he reply to that anyway glad to see drivers on here defending themselves in a way.

Didn't expect chris stockton to be the driver of the insgnia but nice to see some old faces back he wasn't a bad driver in the lexus even though it wasn't a great car.

IainW

1,594 posts

61 months

[news] 
Monday 1st October 2012 quote quote all
The Wookie said:
Uh oh
Have you two got previous form?

The Wookie

10,031 posts

114 months

[news] 
Monday 1st October 2012 quote quote all
IainW said:
Have you two got previous form?
Well last time I raced against him was at Zolder when I rather unstylishly parked an Evora in his passenger door during a slightly ambitious overtake!

Apparently he wasn't particularly impressed!

I would have said sorry the next day but they went home because their BMW didn't spring back into shape quite as readily as our trusty plastic Lotus...

MG CHRIS

4,256 posts

53 months

[news] 
Monday 1st October 2012 quote quote all
The Wookie said:
IainW said:
Have you two got previous form?
Well last time I raced against him was at Zolder when I rather unstylishly parked an Evora in his passenger door during a slightly ambitious overtake!

Apparently he wasn't particularly impressed!

I would have said sorry the next day but they went home because their BMW didn't spring back into shape quite as readily as our trusty plastic Lotus...
Im sure he's forgiven you by now if not then we have another plato, neal riveraly on our hands only kidding.
I bet your hoping for more wet weather after your good run at rockingham.

mike88

Original Poster:

361 posts

42 months

[news] 
Monday 1st October 2012 quote quote all
jasonplato said:
Mr decadence, it appears I have upset you in the past. I would like to make amends, Why not come along to one of the BTCC events as my personal guest. It would be great to catch up and chat face to face, you never know, I might learn something about motorsport from you. I have organised some colouring in books and crayons for when you get bored. Please feel free to email me on info@jasonplato.com.
I love Pistonheads so very much. I'll be there supporting you/MG on Sunday. I want to be a VIP guest scratchchin.

decadence

502 posts

44 months

[news] 
Tuesday 2nd October 2012 quote quote all
jasonplato said:
Mr decadence, it appears I have upset you in the past. I would like to make amends, Why not come along to one of the BTCC events as my personal guest. It would be great to catch up and chat face to face, you never know, I might learn something about motorsport from you. I have organised some colouring in books and crayons for when you get bored. Please feel free to email me on info@jasonplato.com.
For a chap who believes that a professional outfit like Motorbase would ask one of their drivers to 'take out Plato'
why did you think that Motorbase would have any reason too do this in the first place Jason?
just cause your paranoid dosen't mean they aren't out to get you Jason....
You lost the plot at Knockhill, the times you let the TV personality mask slip we see a man who will basically bully a young promising driver, James Nash had some choice words about your mentoring skills whit he was driving a Chevy , remember that period? Nash does. Yet your the chap who apparently now wants the help young drivers?
Anyway slagging off 'pretend drivers' or 'pay drivers' when you have Andy Neate as a team mate is beyond me. Were it not for these 'pretend drivers' as you call them it would be a very small grid.
just a bit of humility and grace would be nice sometimes, to here constant moaning about other peoples cars being too quick and apparent unfairness against you when in fact Toca bend over backwards for you last season ... you probably slag neigh or belittle me. but I'm a fan of BTCC and I feel you bring it into disrepute sometimes ... sorry. p.s. at the start of season I actually thought you changed, I even started to admire you again ... but what you said about Arron... not good.

decadence

502 posts

44 months

[news] 
Tuesday 2nd October 2012 quote quote all
And if you could explain to me why the move you pulled on Dave Newsham at Brands this season was any different to Smith on you, or your calculated revenge attack on Matt Neal at Snett, yes he tagged your first but your petulance after made Joey Barton like like sportsman of the year.. and also when you shovelled Sheddon off at Donnine., that's just this year , what about taking out Jonny Herbert at silverstone?? there's many many more.
why then for some of those incidents they were 'rubbin in racing ' bit when it comes back to you.... you cry foul??

that's what irks alot of people , yes you have your sycophants on many forums, mainly people who know you off of 'telly', but a great many think you moan and try to have it all your way.
anyway you must be aware of the PR disaster that Knockhill was, you can bra nice bloke and I'm sure you are, but stop searching for Louise and the mic after every incident, have a chillax first, then talk..
1
3 4 ... 32 33
Reply to Topic