PistonHeads.com Forum

Schu has retired again

Author
Discussion

Moley RUFC

2,620 posts

94 months

Thursday 4th October 2012
quotequote all
He'll still be the greatest to me. I grow up in wonder of Schumi and it was him coming back into the sport again that turned F1 from a general interest to a full on obsession again.

However, the Hamilton move to Mercedes has me salivating over what next season holds, bring it on!!!


another 3 points

591 posts

102 months

Thursday 4th October 2012
quotequote all
Should have taken the Sauber seat..challenge of an up an coming team rather than the expectation of winning with Merc and all the disappointment there in. Oh well.

MGJohn

10,203 posts

88 months

Thursday 4th October 2012
quotequote all
delays said:
I quite enjoyed seeing him in F1 again.

Whilst I'd agree that there are perhaps younger, more dynamic drivers out there, Schu brought a bit of character to the pack.

Will he stay on in the sport in a management/support role, do we think?
Me too. He has enhanced his legacy. The records will never be changed. Not for this first time do I see things differently to the PH MSC naysayers.

F1 will be less interesting as a result of no MSC in the future listings.

Blib

31,039 posts

102 months

Thursday 4th October 2012
quotequote all
MGJohn said:
Me too. He has enhanced his legacy. The records will never be changed. Not for this first time do I see things differently to the PH MSC naysayers.

F1 will be less interesting as a result of no MSC in the future listings.
I'm an admirer of Schumacher. However, I'd rather see a hungry youngster given a chance in a top team. Rather that one of the true greats merely going through the motions. I don't think that Shuey added much to the show, this season.

I'd rather see him retire from F1 right now.

PSBuckshot

5,336 posts

64 months

Thursday 4th October 2012
quotequote all
Shame, he's more than a match for Rosberg now as well.
Advertisement

RDMcG

10,080 posts

112 months

Thursday 4th October 2012
quotequote all
Blib said:
MGJohn said:
Me too. He has enhanced his legacy. The records will never be changed. Not for this first time do I see things differently to the PH MSC naysayers.

F1 will be less interesting as a result of no MSC in the future listings.
I'm an admirer of Schumacher. However, I'd rather see a hungry youngster given a chance in a top team. Rather that one of the true greats merely going through the motions. I don't think that Shuey added much to the show, this season.

I'd rather see him retire from F1 right now.
Agreed. I saw him race many times when he was at his height. His return diminished him. It is good that he retires.

Bedazzled

11,148 posts

126 months

Thursday 4th October 2012
quotequote all
Good news, looking forward now to seeing who gets the Sauber seat next year.

oyster

7,376 posts

153 months

Thursday 4th October 2012
quotequote all
RDMcG said:
Blib said:
MGJohn said:
Me too. He has enhanced his legacy. The records will never be changed. Not for this first time do I see things differently to the PH MSC naysayers.

F1 will be less interesting as a result of no MSC in the future listings.
I'm an admirer of Schumacher. However, I'd rather see a hungry youngster given a chance in a top team. Rather that one of the true greats merely going through the motions. I don't think that Shuey added much to the show, this season.

I'd rather see him retire from F1 right now.
Agreed. I saw him race many times when he was at his height. His return diminished him. It is good that he retires.
I disagree.

He's still good enough to win in F1. He's been a match for Rosberg for the last 2 seasons, so if Rosberg is good enough then so is Schumacher.

As to legacy, in F1 you don't lose race wins or championships if you have a poor season or 2. And they are what count.

No-one remembers Mansell for his awkward comeback, and he even won a race in that comeback.

SRT77

535 posts

123 months

Thursday 4th October 2012
quotequote all
MGJohn said:
Me too. He has enhanced his legacy. The records will never be changed. Not for this first time do I see things differently to the PH MSC naysayers.

F1 will be less interesting as a result of no MSC in the future listings.
That's exactly the way I see it. Who to support now. Quite like Kimi and his don't give a st attitude, but I expect that extends to fans as well.

HustleRussell

9,402 posts

65 months

Thursday 4th October 2012
quotequote all
CiderwithCerbie said:
Well hooray! Good decision to go, but bad to stay for next six races.
Firstly dangerous mostly for himself, secondly because the farewell to MSC circus will detract from The WDC
rolleyes

Eric Mc

85,741 posts

170 months

Thursday 4th October 2012
quotequote all
I never liked him in his first incarnation in F1. I was delighted when he retired.

I was dubious when he anounced his comeback - but I've actually enjoyed his second stint a lot.

Retiring now is the right decsion.

Wanta996Gotta

5,622 posts

112 months

Thursday 4th October 2012
quotequote all
SRT77 said:
MGJohn said:
Me too. He has enhanced his legacy. The records will never be changed. Not for this first time do I see things differently to the PH MSC naysayers.

F1 will be less interesting as a result of no MSC in the future listings.
That's exactly the way I see it. Who to support now. Quite like Kimi and his don't give a st attitude, but I expect that extends to fans as well.
Enhanced in what way exactly? Penalities and crashes?? He has been a big disapointment IMO and i cant think of ONE positive thing that he has brought to F1 since his return.

And as for his well documented car-developing skills?? The car has went backwards over the 3 years.

And before any fanboys have a go, just give me some examples of how he has "enhanced" his legacy.

P.S. He has just said himself that he was dissapointed that he could not help develop the car and also understands the criticism of his performances. I guess thats one positive then.

Edited by Wanta996Gotta on Thursday 4th October 10:35

RZ1

3,564 posts

111 months

Thursday 4th October 2012
quotequote all
Its a shame was really hoping he would have gone to Sauber or Ferrari for a year, would have been nice to see him get a win, maybe we can hope for a podium in the last 6

doogz

25,054 posts

92 months

Thursday 4th October 2012
quotequote all
It'd never happen, but it'd be awesome to see him sign off a race early, get the (second) send off he deserves, and give up his seat in Brazil to Rubens, for the final send off he never got, at home.

RAClNG SNAKE

3,567 posts

137 months

Thursday 4th October 2012
quotequote all
RZ1 said:
Its a shame was really hoping he would have gone to Sauber or Ferrari for a year, would have been nice to see him get a win, maybe we can hope for a podium in the last 6
The world does not really need another F1 win for Michael Schumacher, it would be a drop in the ocean for his career tally and merely obstructive for the careers of those on the up.

superkartracer

8,098 posts

127 months

Thursday 4th October 2012
quotequote all
Wanta996Gotta said:
SRT77 said:
MGJohn said:
Me too. He has enhanced his legacy. The records will never be changed. Not for this first time do I see things differently to the PH MSC naysayers.

F1 will be less interesting as a result of no MSC in the future listings.
That's exactly the way I see it. Who to support now. Quite like Kimi and his don't give a st attitude, but I expect that extends to fans as well.
Enhanced in what way exactly? Penalities and crashes?? He has been a big disapointment IMO and i cant think of ONE positive thing that he has brought to F1 since his return.

And as for his well documented car-developing skills?? The car has went backwards over the 3 years.

And before any fanboys have a go, just give me some examples of how he has "enhanced" his legacy.

P.S. He has just said himself that he was dissapointed that he could not help develop the car and also understands the criticism of his performances. I guess thats one positive then.

Edited by Wanta996Gotta on Thursday 4th October 10:35
Alonso rates him highly v some Travel Technology guy on PH? wink


Adrian W

10,203 posts

133 months

Thursday 4th October 2012
quotequote all
CiderwithCerbie said:
Well hooray! Good decision to go, but bad to stay for next six races.
Firstly dangerous mostly for himself, secondly because the farewell to MSC circus will detract from The WDC
You never know, maybe his car will keep working for the next six races

John D.

10,895 posts

114 months

Thursday 4th October 2012
quotequote all
Hope he gets a win before he goes.

I was never a fan during his first stint in F1. Been good to have him back though.

Wanta996Gotta

5,622 posts

112 months

Thursday 4th October 2012
quotequote all
superkartracer said:
Wanta996Gotta said:
SRT77 said:
MGJohn said:
Me too. He has enhanced his legacy. The records will never be changed. Not for this first time do I see things differently to the PH MSC naysayers.

F1 will be less interesting as a result of no MSC in the future listings.
That's exactly the way I see it. Who to support now. Quite like Kimi and his don't give a st attitude, but I expect that extends to fans as well.
Enhanced in what way exactly? Penalities and crashes?? He has been a big disapointment IMO and i cant think of ONE positive thing that he has brought to F1 since his return.

And as for his well documented car-developing skills?? The car has went backwards over the 3 years.

And before any fanboys have a go, just give me some examples of how he has "enhanced" his legacy.

P.S. He has just said himself that he was dissapointed that he could not help develop the car and also understands the criticism of his performances. I guess thats one positive then.

Edited by Wanta996Gotta on Thursday 4th October 10:35
Alonso rates him highly v some Travel Technology guy on PH? wink
What else would you expect a fellow proffesional F1 driver to say?? He is Sh#t now that he doesnt have an FIA backed dominant car that can lap the whole field and win races in 1 gear?

I asked what has he done to enhance his reputation since he came back?

Mini1275

11,058 posts

87 months

Thursday 4th October 2012
quotequote all
Good, I don't think he added much to the spectacle by coming back.

In my opinion.




CiderwithCerbie after waking up this morning and reading the news: