PistonHeads.com Forum

My Monaro 6.0VXR S/C

Author
Discussion

Codswallop

4,687 posts

91 months

Thursday 27th September 2012
quotequote all
^^ That sounds lovely OP thumbup

007 VXR

Original Poster:

64,035 posts

84 months

Thursday 27th September 2012
quotequote all
Quick tunnel run biggrin

http://youtu.be/PZRVyLGy104

Will try again and do a WOT run next time smile
Was still getting used to the extra power hehe

Thats 50 leptons to 125 leptons paperbag

007 VXR

Original Poster:

64,035 posts

84 months

Thursday 27th September 2012
quotequote all
Codswallop said:
^^ That sounds lovely OP thumbup
Thanks, Iam very happy at the moment biggrin

Another Fluffer

3,886 posts

62 months

Thursday 27th September 2012
quotequote all
ears

007 VXR

Original Poster:

64,035 posts

84 months

Friday 28th September 2012
quotequote all
Ears not working laugh

Another Fluffer

3,886 posts

62 months

Friday 28th September 2012
quotequote all
Clearly not! 3 posts, what is going on?!

Sounds mega chief. smile

wackojacko

8,560 posts

87 months

Friday 28th September 2012
quotequote all
Phwoooaarrrrr !

After_Shock

8,576 posts

117 months

Friday 28th September 2012
quotequote all
Sounds excellent big guy, well done smile

007 VXR

Original Poster:

64,035 posts

84 months

Friday 28th September 2012
quotequote all
Think i will have to fit these next, bit more carbon biggrin
and save 35kgs per seat smile





007 VXR

Original Poster:

64,035 posts

84 months

Saturday 29th September 2012
quotequote all
After_Shock said:
Sounds excellent big guy, well done smile
Couple more tweaks and She will be there biggrin
Very happy with Monkfish smile
They have given me a very good, fast road caryes
But I wont stop modding her yet laugh
No more power, other than the extra bit from water injection system.
More carbon/aeros/and a diet hehe

007 VXR

Original Poster:

64,035 posts

84 months

Saturday 6th October 2012
quotequote all
Dyno booked for the 20th at SRR smile
So will soon see what BHP shes making.

After_Shock

8,576 posts

117 months

Monday 8th October 2012
quotequote all
007 VXR said:
Dyno booked for the 20th at SRR smile
So will soon see what BHP shes making.
Be interesting to see!

Shame you cant get the water injection on sooner, do a run before and after on the same day on the dyno see what it actually does.

chuntington101

5,029 posts

133 months

Monday 8th October 2012
quotequote all
After_Shock said:
007 VXR said:
Dyno booked for the 20th at SRR smile
So will soon see what BHP shes making.
Be interesting to see!

Shame you cant get the water injection on sooner, do a run before and after on the same day on the dyno see what it actually does.
It makes a big diiference on these engine! The intercooler is pretty small and once you start running more boost the IATs go up. water / meth injection really helps!

After_Shock

8,576 posts

117 months

Monday 8th October 2012
quotequote all
chuntington101 said:
It makes a big diiference on these engine! The intercooler is pretty small and once you start running more boost the IATs go up. water / meth injection really helps!
Yeah I know ive done it, but my time got cut short and never got a chance of a before and after dyno run to see the difference!!

007 VXR

Original Poster:

64,035 posts

84 months

Monday 8th October 2012
quotequote all
After_Shock said:
chuntington101 said:
It makes a big diiference on these engine! The intercooler is pretty small and once you start running more boost the IATs go up. water / meth injection really helps!
Yeah I know ive done it, but my time got cut short and never got a chance of a before and after dyno run to see the difference!!
will be getting it fitted in march, so will do another dyno run then biggrin

chuntington101

5,029 posts

133 months

Tuesday 9th October 2012
quotequote all
007 VXR said:
After_Shock said:
chuntington101 said:
It makes a big diiference on these engine! The intercooler is pretty small and once you start running more boost the IATs go up. water / meth injection really helps!
Yeah I know ive done it, but my time got cut short and never got a chance of a before and after dyno run to see the difference!!
will be getting it fitted in march, so will do another dyno run then biggrin
What system are you fitting? Also do you plan on just running water a will you be adding a little methanol?

007 VXR

Original Poster:

64,035 posts

84 months

Tuesday 9th October 2012
quotequote all
chuntington101 said:
007 VXR said:
After_Shock said:
chuntington101 said:
It makes a big diiference on these engine! The intercooler is pretty small and once you start running more boost the IATs go up. water / meth injection really helps!
Yeah I know ive done it, but my time got cut short and never got a chance of a before and after dyno run to see the difference!!
will be getting it fitted in march, so will do another dyno run then biggrin
What system are you fitting? Also do you plan on just running water a will you be adding a little methanol?
Monkfish Performance are testing a system on a monaro now, dont know which one. Will most likly run on just water.

wormus

6,919 posts

100 months

Tuesday 9th October 2012
quotequote all
007 VXR said:
Monkfish Performance are testing a system on a monaro now, dont know which one. Will most likly run on just water.
Aquamist. It will be mapped without it so purely a safety measure. Going on the dyno soon.

007 VXR

Original Poster:

64,035 posts

84 months

Tuesday 9th October 2012
quotequote all
wormus said:
007 VXR said:
Monkfish Performance are testing a system on a monaro now, dont know which one. Will most likly run on just water.
Aquamist. It will be mapped without it so purely a safety measure. Going on the dyno soon.
thumbup
I did think it was you biggrin
Let me know how ot goes smile

wormus

6,919 posts

100 months

Tuesday 9th October 2012
quotequote all
007 VXR said:
thumbup
I did think it was you biggrin
Let me know how ot goes smile
Of course. It needs to be developed and set up so makes sense as mine's due to be mapped. Hopefully Roger can offer it as a bolt on kit for us FI guys.