Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
1 2 ... 11 12
14
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

DougieMc

Original Poster:

1,532 posts

107 months

[news] 
Monday 8th October 2012 quote quote all
Thought you guys would like to see some new photos PHer rob200sx Rob Pepe took a few weeks back of my car
Awesome photos some more of his fantastic work can be found at
www.shutter-life.co.uk

And more info on the Mini here:
http://www.pistonheads.com/xforums/topic.asp?h=0&a...


























Edited by DougieMc on Monday 8th October 22:03


Edited by DougieMc on Monday 8th October 22:16

DougieMc

Original Poster:

1,532 posts

107 months

[news] 
Monday 8th October 2012 quote quote all
Double post

Edited by DougieMc on Monday 8th October 22:17

007 VXR

61,368 posts

73 months

[news] 
Monday 8th October 2012 quote quote all
thumbup Looking great biggrin

Who do you use for your carbon work ?

DougieMc

Original Poster:

1,532 posts

107 months

[news] 
Monday 8th October 2012 quote quote all
007 VXR said:
thumbup Looking great biggrin

Who do you use for your carbon work ?
Hi Mark its a mate of mine that says he has retired after this project hahahaaa

007 VXR

61,368 posts

73 months

[news] 
Monday 8th October 2012 quote quote all
DougieMc said:
007 VXR said:
thumbup Looking great biggrin

Who do you use for your carbon work ?
Hi Mark its a mate of mine that says he has retired after this project hahahaaa
weeping need to find a good place to finish mine frown

Would like to have a look at yours in the flesh one day smile
Advertisement

5potTurbo

4,374 posts

54 months

[news] 
Tuesday 9th October 2012 quote quote all
I do love this Mini, but for all the work that's gone into it, I can't help but wonder why it wasn't de-seamed? confused
Perhaps it was covered earlier in the thread - I have dipped in and out of this since it started, so to speak...

Erwin1978

90 posts

32 months

[news] 
Tuesday 9th October 2012 quote quote all
How could I have missed this? Amazing, wonderfull and love the attention to detail. Boy does it look menacing. Going to read the whole thread now! Compliments for such a great build!

deltashad

5,046 posts

83 months

[news] 
Tuesday 9th October 2012 quote quote all
Brilliant, what a special car! The second interior picture is awesome cool

DougieMc

Original Poster:

1,532 posts

107 months

[news] 
Tuesday 9th October 2012 quote quote all
5potTurbo said:
I do love this Mini, but for all the work that's gone into it, I can't help but wonder why it wasn't de-seamed? confused
Perhaps it was covered earlier in the thread - I have dipped in and out of this since it started, so to speak...
cheers guys

De-seaming is a personal choice
Im not a fan as they look fibreglass.

I know it sounds crazy but we wanted to make the car look as much like a Standard Mini ie Factory as possible ( Even with the Carbon and Engine)

Erwin1978

90 posts

32 months

[news] 
Tuesday 9th October 2012 quote quote all
Just finished the thread. I believe the right word to use is 'bad ass' for the car and 'deep respect' for the team for persevering. truly love it. My favorite pic is this;



Looks the business.

CooperS

3,048 posts

105 months

[news] 
Tuesday 9th October 2012 quote quote all
DougieMc said:
5potTurbo said:
I do love this Mini, but for all the work that's gone into it, I can't help but wonder why it wasn't de-seamed? confused
Perhaps it was covered earlier in the thread - I have dipped in and out of this since it started, so to speak...
cheers guys

De-seaming is a personal choice
Im not a fan as they look fibreglass.

I know it sounds crazy but we wanted to make the car look as much like a Standard Mini ie Factory as possible ( Even with the Carbon and Engine)
See i'm with you on this!

Everytime i see this and look at a Almond Colour Mini which i took a few snaps a few years ago i think i really need to build one of these again!

GBTurbo

247 posts

57 months

[news] 
Thursday 11th October 2012 quote quote all
Looks mental can imagine what it would be like to drive! Looks very well done

HoggyR32

269 posts

34 months

[news] 
Sunday 14th October 2012 quote quote all
That's easily the nicest mini I've set my eyes on!

Well done mate! Maybe missed it earlier, but what colour is that? Looks brilliant

DeolTheBeast

289 posts

32 months

[news] 
Sunday 14th October 2012 quote quote all
How have I not come across this thread till now? Amazing.

Mini1275

10,543 posts

68 months

[news] 
Sunday 14th October 2012 quote quote all
Great photos, the car is simply a work of art.

I agree about de-seaming, it splits opinions and personally I'm not a fan either. It looks much better as it is, in my opinion.

thumbup

ajprice

10,141 posts

82 months

[news] 
Sunday 14th October 2012 quote quote all
DougieMc said:
Are your headlights further forward than a standard front end or something? I'm not sure but the bodywork around the headlight looks different to a standard Mini somehow.

Le Mans Visitor

927 posts

88 months

[news] 
Sunday 14th October 2012 quote quote all
ajprice said:
DougieMc said:
Are your headlights further forward than a standard front end or something? I'm not sure but the bodywork around the headlight looks different to a standard Mini somehow.
Looks the same to me....


northandy

3,229 posts

107 months

[news] 
Sunday 14th October 2012 quote quote all
Wow, brilliant project and amazing attention to detail!

DougieMc

Original Poster:

1,532 posts

107 months

[news] 
Sunday 14th October 2012 quote quote all
Cheers guys
Colour is Ford Escort Cossie Imperial Blue

Nope headlamps and wing etc are standard ( except the mahoooosive hole in the bonnet )

miniman

17,112 posts

148 months

[news] 
Tuesday 23rd October 2012 quote quote all
yikes

Wow, that is amazing. I really must spend more time in Reader's Cars.
1 2 ... 11 12
14
Reply to Topic