Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
1 2 ... 33 34
36 37 ... 81 82
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

dibblecorse

Original Poster:

3,076 posts

80 months

[news] 
Saturday 8th September 2012 quote quote all
Looks like a good car, I'd call them and ask about the 00 to 08 history, may be that have only listed the most recent and relevant, lot of car for the money if it checks out, what's there would,t overly concern me if its earlier history is in order, let us know how you get on.

cmoose

26,650 posts

117 months

[news] 
Saturday 8th September 2012 quote quote all
Olly

Looks nice. The wheels are a nightmare to clean and keep tidy / free from corrosion but you can swap them for a set of 'S' 17s and some cash if that's an issue. Patchy service history would not bother me in the slightest at that price point.

For starters it's got a perfectly OK looking set of stamps. And anyway, it's either running well and in tolerable condition or it's not.

Grey interior and plastic door cards wouldn't be my top pick, but honestly, for that money, if it's nice, I'd go for it. Just make sure the engine temps are OK (I'd leave it running for at least 15 to 20 mins after the test drive to make sure the fans cycle and it doesn't overheat), that the roof works and that the coolant and oil look OK and if it's all good it's a ridiculous bargain.

You'll probably end up paying about what I did for my 2.5 two years ago. It's not red. But I will still hate you for it. Forever.

cmoose

26,650 posts

117 months

[news] 
Saturday 8th September 2012 quote quote all
Trust everyone is enjoying their poverty Pork this weekend. Make the most of it while it lasts! Heading off shortly myself, shall be strafing Salisbury plain later this evening. Yippeee.


RESSE

3,728 posts

109 months

[news] 
Saturday 8th September 2012 quote quote all
cmoose said:
Trust everyone is enjoying their poverty Pork this weekend. Make the most of it while it lasts! Heading off shortly myself, shall be strafing Salisbury plain later this evening. Yippeee.

Our Poverty Pork was given a good drive (thrash) on the old A5 to Mytton and Mermaid Hotel (Attingham, Shropshire) this afternoon - lovely car, even if a Tiptronic.

Tempted to swap for a manual asap.

dibblecorse

Original Poster:

3,076 posts

80 months

[news] 
Saturday 8th September 2012 quote quote all
RESSE said:
cmoose said:
Trust everyone is enjoying their poverty Pork this weekend. Make the most of it while it lasts! Heading off shortly myself, shall be strafing Salisbury plain later this evening. Yippeee.

Our Poverty Pork was given a good drive (thrash) on the old A5 to Mytton and Mermaid Hotel (Attingham, Shropshire) this afternoon - lovely car, even if a Tiptronic.

Tempted to swap for a manual asap.
Gits, until I nipped back here earlier I was having a chilled afternoon, having a need to nip out and get dinner my 5 mile round trip to M&S turned into a roof off 100 mile loop in Bluebell, was great fun but after my bike ride earlier :-)

Poverty price pleasure with premium product enjoyment ...... ideal :-)

Advertisement

minipickup

157 posts

133 months

[news] 
Sunday 9th September 2012 quote quote all
Has anyone upgraded the suspension on the Boxster? I have an early 1998 2.5 and am thinking of changing the dampers as I think they're a bit tired, I have been looking at a kit PorscheShop sell for around £650 which looks similar to the MO30 kit.

This looks a cheaper option than buying standard dampers and may improve the road holding.

I was thinking about selling the old bus and buying a 996 but now the sun is shining I may keep it a bit longer! I have owned it for 6yrs and it is hard to replace especially as it is not worth much on a trade in now. Probably best to keep it and enjoy it as it can't depreciate much further!

cmoose

26,650 posts

117 months

[news] 
Sunday 9th September 2012 quote quote all
M030 is a very good value option. Or at least it was when it was available. Which as far as I am aware, it's not currently. Shortages of the dampers apparently. I fear if it reappears, the price will have gone up dramatically.

It's still listed, but I think you'll find it's not actually available if you try to place an order.

olly22n

13,897 posts

94 months

[news] 
Sunday 9th September 2012 quote quote all
cmoose said:
Olly

Looks nice. The wheels are a nightmare to clean and keep tidy / free from corrosion but you can swap them for a set of 'S' 17s and some cash if that's an issue. Patchy service history would not bother me in the slightest at that price point.

For starters it's got a perfectly OK looking set of stamps. And anyway, it's either running well and in tolerable condition or it's not.

Grey interior and plastic door cards wouldn't be my top pick, but honestly, for that money, if it's nice, I'd go for it. Just make sure the engine temps are OK (I'd leave it running for at least 15 to 20 mins after the test drive to make sure the fans cycle and it doesn't overheat), that the roof works and that the coolant and oil look OK and if it's all good it's a ridiculous bargain.

You'll probably end up paying about what I did for my 2.5 two years ago. It's not red. But I will still hate you for it. Forever.
Thanks J, more musings than serious intent. A box for me would have to be super cheap, as (to me) they are flawed.

Yours looks fab, as always.

gemini

10,929 posts

152 months

[news] 
Wednesday 12th September 2012 quote quote all
Update for you on the poverty pork road trip mines just done. 2460 miles around France. Perfect behaviour and 30.7 mpg!

Carl_Docklands

3,335 posts

150 months

[news] 
Wednesday 12th September 2012 quote quote all
tr7v8 said:
Just had a great weekend with ours at Prescott Revival. An invited clubs meeting by the Marcos Club & TIPEC were one of the invited clubs. Great drive up from Kent, a lot of it across country rather than motorways with our chairman in his 911 C4S Cab, proved that in the dry the lower weight of the Boxster matched the BHP of the 911. Party Sat night with lashings of food.
Then today we were able to run on the hill for £20 for two runs. This morning at Prescott started very very wet but by midday the rain had stopped & quite a few of us signed on for a run up the hill.
Did two runs in the Boxster & decided that was probably the lot as I was gaining in confidence each run & it would have ended in tears. Caused a bit of wear on the rear tyres & really enjoyed myself. Scared the Missus witless as well biggrin
Have always wanted to go hillclimbing as a competitor & this has reawakened this urge. Over the years I've built & not completed for one reason or another 3 cars.
A couple of pics from Prescott today, as always the rest are on http://www.pbase.com/tr7v8


This Stratos was lovely cloud9

what colour is your Boxster?

Rude-boy

18,991 posts

121 months

[news] 
Wednesday 12th September 2012 quote quote all
I am currently looking for a hatch for the winter as I am starting to feel guilty driving the CS everyday and plan to give her the winter off.

This thread is not helping and I already know how much Ikea I can fit in a Box. (more than everyone watching you do it would ever believe!)

On the other hand at some point my mates are going to kick me in the nuts if I don't get a 4 seater and start doing some ferrying soon.

I really hope that the fair weather owners don't start putting theirs up for sale too soon...

tr7v8

4,774 posts

116 months

[news] 
Wednesday 12th September 2012 quote quote all
Carl_Docklands said:
tr7v8 said:
Just had a great weekend with ours at Prescott Revival. An invited clubs meeting by the Marcos Club & TIPEC were one of the invited clubs. Great drive up from Kent, a lot of it across country rather than motorways with our chairman in his 911 C4S Cab, proved that in the dry the lower weight of the Boxster matched the BHP of the 911. Party Sat night with lashings of food.
Then today we were able to run on the hill for £20 for two runs. This morning at Prescott started very very wet but by midday the rain had stopped & quite a few of us signed on for a run up the hill.
Did two runs in the Boxster & decided that was probably the lot as I was gaining in confidence each run & it would have ended in tears. Caused a bit of wear on the rear tyres & really enjoyed myself. Scared the Missus witless as well biggrin
Have always wanted to go hillclimbing as a competitor & this has reawakened this urge. Over the years I've built & not completed for one reason or another 3 cars.
A couple of pics from Prescott today, as always the rest are on http://www.pbase.com/tr7v8


This Stratos was lovely cloud9

what colour is your Boxster?
Estoril Blue a BMW colour. The first owner paid around £3,500 for that privilege!

cmoose

26,650 posts

117 months

[news] 
Wednesday 12th September 2012 quote quote all
tr7v8 said:
Estoril Blue a BMW colour. The first owner paid around £3,500 for that privilege!
What a crazy fule!

Assume he didn't spot Zenith Blue on the official list. Pretty bloody similar!



Carl_Docklands

3,335 posts

150 months

[news] 
Wednesday 12th September 2012 quote quote all
tr7v8 said:
Carl_Docklands said:
tr7v8 said:
Just had a great weekend with ours at Prescott Revival. An invited clubs meeting by the Marcos Club & TIPEC were one of the invited clubs. Great drive up from Kent, a lot of it across country rather than motorways with our chairman in his 911 C4S Cab, proved that in the dry the lower weight of the Boxster matched the BHP of the 911. Party Sat night with lashings of food.
Then today we were able to run on the hill for £20 for two runs. This morning at Prescott started very very wet but by midday the rain had stopped & quite a few of us signed on for a run up the hill.
Did two runs in the Boxster & decided that was probably the lot as I was gaining in confidence each run & it would have ended in tears. Caused a bit of wear on the rear tyres & really enjoyed myself. Scared the Missus witless as well biggrin
Have always wanted to go hillclimbing as a competitor & this has reawakened this urge. Over the years I've built & not completed for one reason or another 3 cars.
A couple of pics from Prescott today, as always the rest are on http://www.pbase.com/tr7v8


This Stratos was lovely cloud9

what colour is your Boxster?
Estoril Blue a BMW colour. The first owner paid around £3,500 for that privilege!
I would be forever thankful if you can give me the porsche paint code.

That is a very special colour and you have good taste.




edc

5,017 posts

139 months

[news] 
Wednesday 12th September 2012 quote quote all
Must admit - I thought tr7v8 Boxster was Zenith blue too, only because it is the only other one aside from mine I had seen posted here.

tr7v8

4,774 posts

116 months

[news] 
Wednesday 12th September 2012 quote quote all
Carl_Docklands said:
tr7v8 said:
Carl_Docklands said:
tr7v8 said:
Just had a great weekend with ours at Prescott Revival. An invited clubs meeting by the Marcos Club & TIPEC were one of the invited clubs. Great drive up from Kent, a lot of it across country rather than motorways with our chairman in his 911 C4S Cab, proved that in the dry the lower weight of the Boxster matched the BHP of the 911. Party Sat night with lashings of food.
Then today we were able to run on the hill for £20 for two runs. This morning at Prescott started very very wet but by midday the rain had stopped & quite a few of us signed on for a run up the hill.
Did two runs in the Boxster & decided that was probably the lot as I was gaining in confidence each run & it would have ended in tears. Caused a bit of wear on the rear tyres & really enjoyed myself. Scared the Missus witless as well biggrin
Have always wanted to go hillclimbing as a competitor & this has reawakened this urge. Over the years I've built & not completed for one reason or another 3 cars.
A couple of pics from Prescott today, as always the rest are on http://www.pbase.com/tr7v8


This Stratos was lovely cloud9

what colour is your Boxster?
Estoril Blue a BMW colour. The first owner paid around £3,500 for that privilege!
I would be forever thankful if you can give me the porsche paint code.

That is a very special colour and you have good taste.
The Porsche Paint code is L998 which is "paint code to sample" & the buyer had to sign off the paint chip. I have the original buyers doc. with it all on.
Paint code L999 is a scanned sample.

Estoril Blue is 335 apparently.

woogie

3,175 posts

140 months

[news] 
Saturday 22nd September 2012 quote quote all
I notice now when coming back after a little blast my front suspension is creaking (it sounds like front )

Any ideas anyone ?

Cheers

cmoose

26,650 posts

117 months

[news] 
Saturday 22nd September 2012 quote quote all
Yes. It's the coffin arm ball joints. You have two options. Replace the arms (£50 each for stty pattern parts, £70-80 for decent TRW arms, silly money for Porsche arms). Or you can try injecting some lubricant into the ball joints. Mine creak. I will try lubricating the joints. If not, it will be a pair of TRW arms.

woogie

3,175 posts

140 months

[news] 
Saturday 22nd September 2012 quote quote all
cmoose said:
Yes. It's the coffin arm ball joints. You have two options. Replace the arms (£50 each for stty pattern parts, £70-80 for decent TRW arms, silly money for Porsche arms). Or you can try injecting some lubricant into the ball joints. Mine creak. I will try lubricating the joints. If not, it will be a pair of TRW arms.
Cheers

gemini

10,929 posts

152 months

[news] 
Saturday 29th September 2012 quote quote all
Any Yorkshire poverty pork out there?
1 2 ... 33 34
36 37 ... 81 82
Reply to Topic