Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
1 2 ... 40 41
43 44 ... 98 99
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

monamimate

300 posts

22 months

[news] 
Wednesday 3rd October 2012 quote quote all
Ullers said:
Just spotted this. I have also just specified and ordered a Platinum Silver 981 with Espresso Natural Leather and Brown Hood. I used to have a 997 in GT silver with Cocoa Natural Leather ( v similar to Espresso) - very nice combination. I always make a point not to buy a car with a black interior - boring. Espresso is the thinking mans choice but respect it's all down to personal taste! Also had a close shave on the climate - hard to believe it's not standard and salesman didn't point it out, but guess that's how my base Boxster has reached £50k plus and Porsche make so much money!
Just returned from Autostadt in Wolfsburg. There are 3 cars in the Porsche Pavilion, a Boxster S, a 911 and a Panamera, all in GT silver with espresso interior. They look absolutely stunning. So glad I picked this combination.

monamimate

300 posts

22 months

[news] 
Wednesday 3rd October 2012 quote quote all
GT Silver Boxster S with Espresso interior and brown hood, at Autostadt





Panthro

318 posts

98 months

[news] 
Wednesday 3rd October 2012 quote quote all
Nano2nd said:
i had my first drive in a 2.7 PDK at the weekend, I really liked it, was a little worried it would feel a bit lethargic after the 911, but i seems fast enough in normal driving - just waiting on some figures now smile

Also I was quite surprised that in sport mode it did auto-blip on the down changes, this car didn't have SC i though auto-blip was reserved for "sport plus"
They all auto blip even without SC. On SC you get launch control though.
I had a drive in a 2.7 too and was surprised at how much quicker it was than I thought it would be. I mulled over it but decided that if I went for one it would have to be an S. The extra performance and lower end grunt really shows when you drive them back to back.

_Leg_

742 posts

91 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
Mutt said:
Congrats. Good descriptions of the options! Love it.

Although I'd be as excited about getting the puppy smile
Car not arriving until November but Millie the puppy is here....


anniesdad

9,765 posts

118 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
^ Ace.

That bed looks soooo comfy!

We'd love another Labrador, but can't dedicate the time to one. frown
Advertisement

_Leg_

742 posts

91 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
anniesdad said:
^ Ace.

That bed looks soooo comfy!

We'd love another Labrador, but can't dedicate the time to one. frown
Part of the deal. No one questions my reasoning that a boxster s is a reasonable daily driver to save my E92M3 from daily use (now THATS man logic) and everyone else gets a puppy. Ive been saying no since our Springer died 3 years ago but given Millie is sat in that (admittedly very comfy looking bed as you say) in my office now and only gets up if I have a visitor (more than usual I might add today - wonder why?) then my misgivings about another dog after the (mental) springer were unfounded.

Everyone's a winner!

Of course, Ive promised my family that this is absolutely, definately without question the last car I'll buy for at least 3 years. Honest. But they're so shiny and vroomy and nice and leathery and weeee round corners and slidey tail out oppo locky nice and sun shiny and oooohhhh I just like cars, I really do, lots and, well, one more wont hurt. Will it? I wonder if they would like a cat?


Mutt

1,083 posts

71 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
_Leg_ said:
Mutt said:
Congrats. Good descriptions of the options! Love it.

Although I'd be as excited about getting the puppy smile
Car not arriving until November but Millie the puppy is here....

So cute! I'm very jealous frown

anniesdad

9,765 posts

118 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
_Leg_ said:
But they're so shiny and vroomy and nice and leathery and weeee round corners and slidey tail out oppo locky nice and sun shiny and oooohhhh I just like cars, I really do, lots and, well, one more wont hurt. Will it? I wonder if they would like a cat?
rofl

535dBoy

458 posts

78 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
_Leg_ said:
Car not arriving until November but Millie the puppy is here....

That's a retrieve isn't - I've got one of those models too

So cute.

Want another one !

_Leg_

742 posts

91 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
535dBoy said:
That's a retrieve isn't - I've got one of those models too

So cute.

Want another one !
No mate, Cavachon. Much smaller.

535dBoy

458 posts

78 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
_Leg_ said:
No mate, Cavachon. Much smaller.
I see!

All look the same when they are small!!!

_Leg_

742 posts

91 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
535dBoy said:
I see!

All look the same when they are small!!!
Jabs at ten, she ain't gonna like me by 10:05.

FrankCayman

993 posts

93 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
_Leg_ said:
Jabs at ten, she ain't gonna like me by 10:05.
A little off topic...but how did she get on??!!

Ullers

8 posts

18 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
monamimate said:
GT Silver Boxster S with Espresso interior and brown hood, at Autostadt




Yep, very pleased with our choices - good job mines platinum and yours is GT though, just to add a bit more exclusivity, in the UK anyway! The photos show the painted side vents which I have also specified.

_Leg_

742 posts

91 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
FrankCayman said:
A little off topic...but how did she get on??!!
Ok thanks mate. She's playing ok but if we pick her up she yelps, vet said she might have an upset stomach which is common (he says). She's running around ok so seems fine.

Wife is laughing at us talking about puppies. Lol.

Oil, carbs, pistons, high octane....there, restored the balance.

FrankCayman

993 posts

93 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
_Leg_ said:
Ok thanks mate. She's playing ok but if we pick her up she yelps, vet said she might have an upset stomach which is common (he says). She's running around ok so seems fine.

Wife is laughing at us talking about puppies. Lol.

Oil, carbs, pistons, high octane....there, restored the balance.
Ha, ha.....jolly good...glad she is well. Such a cute little dog!

Oh yeah...back to Porsches....they have a bloody cheek still charging for climate control over standard air con...surely the cost of manufacturing two different dashboard mouldings is more than just offering climate as standard..???

There we are...all back to being a real man again!!! ;-)

_Leg_

742 posts

91 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
FrankCayman said:
Ha, ha.....jolly good...glad she is well. Such a cute little dog!

Oh yeah...back to Porsches....they have a bloody cheek still charging for climate control over standard air con...surely the cost of manufacturing two different dashboard mouldings is more than just offering climate as standard..???

There we are...all back to being a real man again!!! ;-)
Tell me about it. I spent more on options than I got for the car it's replacing today.

£1450 for a sports exhaust? Who would pay that? You would have to be mad.

What? I did? Doh.

SFO

3,144 posts

63 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
_Leg_ said:
£1450 for a sports exhaust? Who would pay that? You would have to be mad.

What? I did? Doh.
It's £1772 on the 991!!

FrankCayman

993 posts

93 months

[news] 
Saturday 6th October 2012 quote quote all
Must say chaps, when I spec my new Cayman, I am tempted to have the standard Alcantara seats for a change...save £700 odd plus I am getting a little tired of having black leather...

anniesdad

9,765 posts

118 months

[news] 
Saturday 6th October 2012 quote quote all
FrankCayman said:
Must say chaps, when I spec my new Cayman, I am tempted to have the standard Alcantara seats for a change...save £700 odd plus I am getting a little tired of having black leather...
They're really good actually. I prefer them to be honest. Cooler in summer and just as warm in winter. Plus of course gripper when you're pressing on a bit.
1 2 ... 40 41
43 44 ... 98 99
Reply to Topic