Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
1 2
4 5 ... 98 99
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

535dBoy

458 posts

83 months

[news] 
Thursday 12th April 2012 quote quote all
Chins said:
Nice spec. You have PCM, so why not the telephone module for PCM. Sure your prep for mobile phone is not a mistake. You MIGHt lose some integration.
Such as?

I was told I only need mobile phone prep too, ie Bluetooth.

535dBoy

458 posts

83 months

[news] 
Thursday 12th April 2012 quote quote all
Chins said:
Sounds good smile I would keep checking with them for a build date though as I still think the car is at least 4 weeks away from being built. Earlier in the week I only met one owner with a completion date - towards the end of May, but this was a 2.7.
I will

I think he already has me down as a customer from hell anyway!!!

Wivelrod

26 posts

29 months

[news] 
Thursday 12th April 2012 quote quote all
PSE wasn't an option available when I ordered.

I use an iPhone which I understand doesn't support SIM Access Profile, a requirement for the Telephone PCM Module. Hands free Prep gives you blutooth (using the phones own antenna). Besides, I don't like using the phone whilst driving even when hands free biggrin.

Chins

138 posts

55 months

[news] 
Thursday 12th April 2012 quote quote all
535dBoy said:
Chins said:
Nice spec. You have PCM, so why not the telephone module for PCM. Sure your prep for mobile phone is not a mistake. You MIGHt lose some integration.
Such as?

I was told I only need mobile phone prep too, ie Bluetooth.
It's a bit of a grey area, but. The basic prep in the old Boxster does not transfer address books to the car if your using an iPhone. All you see is the phone number not contact details. In the new 981 it has CDR31 not 30. It might be better.

The main point is that there is a specific Telephone Module for PCM. Why is this if the basic phone prep does exactly the same? The PCM one costs another £80. You have PCM, so why not get the option designed to work with it?

Personally I would not risk it. Get them to change it now especially if you have an IPhone.

Hope that helps !!

Chins

138 posts

55 months

[news] 
Thursday 12th April 2012 quote quote all
Wivelrod said:
PSE wasn't an option available when I ordered.

I use an iPhone which I understand doesn't support SIM Access Profile, a requirement for the Telephone PCM Module. Hands free Prep gives you blutooth (using the phones own antenna). Besides, I don't like using the phone whilst driving even when hands free biggrin.
Please read my post above. I have had the basic phone Previn my old Cayman. I had PCM with the telephone module in my Spyder. Perfect integration with IPhone on the later and crap with the former.
Advertisement

Wivelrod

26 posts

29 months

[news] 
Thursday 12th April 2012 quote quote all
Chins said:
Please read my post above. I have had the basic phone Previn my old Cayman. I had PCM with the telephone module in my Spyder. Perfect integration with IPhone on the later and crap with the former.
So long as I can receive a call I'm happy with basic integration. I tend not to make many calls when on the move, and generally look to pull over to make a call (personal preference, and absolutely nothing to do about safety).

So I'm happy to take the risk for now smile

If I the integration was far more important to me though, the advice you gave would have been extremely helpful. So thanks for that smile

Chins

138 posts

55 months

[news] 
Thursday 12th April 2012 quote quote all

From experience Porsche salesman don't fully understand the phone options and as mentioned I have the product manager getting in touch with Germany to clarify matter re the iPhone and Basic Phone Prep -I am thinking of dropping PCM hence my interest.

Chins

138 posts

55 months

[news] 
Thursday 12th April 2012 quote quote all
Wivelrod said:
Chins said:
Please read my post above. I have had the basic phone Previn my old Cayman. I had PCM with the telephone module in my Spyder. Perfect integration with IPhone on the later and crap with the former.
So long as I can receive a call I'm happy with basic integration. I tend not to make many calls when on the move, and generally look to pull over to make a call (personal preference, and absolutely nothing to do about safety).

So I'm happy to take the risk for now smile

If I the integration was far more important to me though, the advice you gave would have been extremely helpful. So thanks for that smile
It's an extra £80 to have full integration. Without it you risk someone calling you and not knowing who it is unless you know their number of by heart.

tom felty

635 posts

48 months

[news] 
Thursday 12th April 2012 quote quote all
DMC2 said:
Excellent, keeps all the women and hairdressers in one place wink
laughlaughlaugh
excellent

535dBoy

458 posts

83 months

[news] 
Thursday 12th April 2012 quote quote all
Chins said:
It's an extra £80 to have full integration. Without it you risk someone calling you and not knowing who it is unless you know their number of by heart.
Dealer just phoned

I've managed to change mine

Thanks for the heads up.......again!!!!

asplandg

45 posts

29 months

[news] 
Friday 13th April 2012 quote quote all
There's an owners manual for the previous model Boxster here:
http://www.porsche.com/all/media/pdf/Owners_Manual...
Anyone know if the owners manual for the new model is available anywhere yet, please?


Nano2nd

2,416 posts

141 months

[news] 
Friday 13th April 2012 quote quote all
what sort of residuals are Porsche offering on these?

gbrownzen

118 posts

31 months

[news] 
Friday 13th April 2012 quote quote all
For those going with the dual zone auto aircon, who like me were wondering if you would be able to lock the two temps together for adjusting, I understand that if you hold the auto button down it will switch in and out of "mono" mode. Useful when driving alone?

Cheers,

Geoff

SFO

3,322 posts

68 months

[news] 
Friday 13th April 2012 quote quote all
gbrownzen said:
For those going with the dual zone auto aircon, who like me were wondering if you would be able to lock the two temps together for adjusting, I understand that if you hold the auto button down it will switch in and out of "mono" mode. Useful when driving alone?

Cheers,

Geoff
I'll just get used to permanent 'mono' mode with my standard a/c smile

Nano2nd

2,416 posts

141 months

[news] 
Monday 16th April 2012 quote quote all
Nano2nd said:
what sort of residuals are Porsche offering on these?
no one car to share? or are you all cash buyers;)

535dBoy

458 posts

83 months

[news] 
Monday 16th April 2012 quote quote all
Nano2nd said:
no one car to share? or are you all cash buyers;)
Sorry, not using finance

Carl_Docklands

3,182 posts

147 months

[news] 
Monday 16th April 2012 quote quote all
Nano2nd said:
Nano2nd said:
what sort of residuals are Porsche offering on these?
no one car to share? or are you all cash buyers;)
They will depreciate just like the previous model eg. 40-55% over 3 years depending on toys - maybe more.

Nano2nd

2,416 posts

141 months

[news] 
Monday 16th April 2012 quote quote all
Carl_Docklands said:
They will depreciate just like the previous model eg. 40-55% over 3 years depending on toys - maybe more.
I don't doubt it, hence I'm more interested in the monthly figure... The spec I want is £56k that's without sat nav can't bring myself to pay over £2k for sat nav that gets used once in a blue moon wink

SFO

3,322 posts

68 months

[news] 
Monday 16th April 2012 quote quote all
Nano2nd said:
I don't doubt it, hence I'm more interested in the monthly figure... The spec I want is £56k that's without sat nav can't bring myself to pay over £2k for sat nav that gets used once in a blue moon wink
my spec froze today .. £51,946 smile

535dBoy

458 posts

83 months

[news] 
Monday 16th April 2012 quote quote all
SFO said:
my spec froze today .. £51,946 smile
Short of going through all the threads again, when is yours due?

1 2
4 5 ... 98 99
Reply to Topic