PistonHeads.com Forum

Boxster (981) Picture Thread

Boxster (981) Picture Thread

Author
Discussion

doneitnow

663 posts

57 months

Friday 3rd August 2012
quotequote all
anniesdad said:
Picked ours up yesterday.

Boxster 2.7 Manual, Aqua Blue, 19in Boxster S wheels, Floor mats( smile ), Mesh wind deflector, Parkassist rear, platinum grey partial leather, Porsche wheel crest, prep for mobile phone (bluetooth), seat heating, sound package plus, top tint windscreen, 3rd year warranty.


And how much am I looking forward to driving this for a few weeks from Monday biggrin

anniesdad

10,836 posts

147 months

Friday 3rd August 2012
quotequote all
tracydeedance said:
Stunning Aqua Blue. Spec is spot on who needs more keep it simple and save weight. Save in your wallet also. Congrats and enjoy.
We're in total agreement.

smile

anniesdad

10,836 posts

147 months

Friday 3rd August 2012
quotequote all
doneitnow said:
And how much am I looking forward to driving this for a few weeks from Monday biggrin
smile

nick997

590 posts

117 months

Friday 3rd August 2012
quotequote all
Great looking car the new Boxster, hope you are all enjoying them to the full. Brings back memories of picking up my Boxster in 2001, first Porsche for me. A quick cruise down the M11 from Cambridge and then top down loving the sound of the exhaust as the cam changed at about 3000 and 5500 revs. Met friends at a pub for lunch and sat and ogled the car I'd just bought. Good times.

SonicHedgeHog

1,577 posts

91 months

Friday 3rd August 2012
quotequote all
anniesdad said:
Picked ours up yesterday.

Boxster 2.7 Manual, Aqua Blue, 19in Boxster S wheels, Floor mats( smile ), Mesh wind deflector, Parkassist rear, platinum grey partial leather, Porsche wheel crest, prep for mobile phone (bluetooth), seat heating, sound package plus, top tint windscreen, 3rd year warranty.


Beautiful car. Does "3rd year warranty" mean Porsche only offers 2 years as standard. Given Kia offer 7 years that is truly shameful.
Advertisement

nsm3

2,732 posts

105 months

Wednesday 15th August 2012
quotequote all
Couple of courtesy car iphone pics in red, for a contrast - seemed to attract a lot of attention?






SonnyM

3,369 posts

102 months

Wednesday 15th August 2012
quotequote all
SonicHedgeHog said:
anniesdad said:
Picked ours up yesterday.

Boxster 2.7 Manual, Aqua Blue, 19in Boxster S wheels, Floor mats( smile ), Mesh wind deflector, Parkassist rear, platinum grey partial leather, Porsche wheel crest, prep for mobile phone (bluetooth), seat heating, sound package plus, top tint windscreen, 3rd year warranty.


Beautiful car. Does "3rd year warranty" mean Porsche only offers 2 years as standard. Given Kia offer 7 years that is truly shameful.
Yes and the third year is just an insurance policy... There is a reason Porsche are such a profitable business. smile

Some people think the 981 in Red is a Ferrari!

matc

4,618 posts

116 months

Wednesday 15th August 2012
quotequote all
I spotted the local demo smashed into pieces a few days ago, it used to look lovely in Guards Red!

Not Ideal

2,141 posts

97 months

Wednesday 15th August 2012
quotequote all
Oi U said:
Another non-white and with a blue roof, taken during collection at Stuttgart.





Really like that.

Has it got alcantara seats or am I imagining things..??

SFO

4,266 posts

92 months

Wednesday 15th August 2012
quotequote all
on a date with an RS60:



spyderman8

1,609 posts

65 months

Wednesday 15th August 2012
quotequote all
Borrowed this from OPC Silverstone:









The ride quality is in another league from my 986.

Oi U

202 posts

55 months

Wednesday 15th August 2012
quotequote all
Not Ideal said:
Oi U said:
Another non-white and with a blue roof, taken during collection at Stuttgart.





Really like that.

Has it got alcantara seats or am I imagining things..??
Thanks for the thumbs up.
Alcantara, which is always my comfort preference.

Ady128

441 posts

52 months

Thursday 16th August 2012
quotequote all
Just a general observation/question: Why do some people drive roof down but windows up? Windows up looks naff; spoils the looks of driver and car. And if the answer is, it's draughty, you've bought the wrong car! My motto: when in town, windows down. Happy days.

535dBoy

458 posts

107 months

Thursday 16th August 2012
quotequote all
Ady128 said:
Just a general observation/question: Why do some people drive roof down but windows up? Windows up looks naff; spoils the looks of driver and car. And if the answer is, it's draughty, you've bought the wrong car! My motto: when in town, windows down. Happy days.
Agree with this

anniesdad

10,836 posts

147 months

Friday 17th August 2012
quotequote all
I like to drive with 1 up 1 down, it doesn't half wind people up...hehe


ChipsAndCheese

1,601 posts

73 months

Friday 17th August 2012
quotequote all
Mutt said:
No Racing Yelow cars?
Snapped at Goodwood earlier this year.


Porsche Boxster S (981) by Chips And Cheese, on Flickr


Porsche Boxster S (981) by Chips And Cheese, on Flickr

Mutt

Original Poster:

1,115 posts

100 months

Friday 17th August 2012
quotequote all
Ady128 said:
Just a general observation/question: Why do some people drive roof down but windows up? Windows up looks naff; spoils the looks of driver and car. And if the answer is, it's draughty, you've bought the wrong car! My motto: when in town, windows down. Happy days.
Why is everything "Happy days"? Are you The Fonz? Reminds me of Cheers, The Moose smile

Mutt

Original Poster:

1,115 posts

100 months

Friday 17th August 2012
quotequote all
ChipsAndCheese said:
Mutt said:
No Racing Yelow cars?
Snapped at Goodwood earlier this year.


Porsche Boxster S (981) by Chips And Cheese, on Flickr


Porsche Boxster S (981) by Chips And Cheese, on Flickr
I'll stick with white getmecoat

6th Gear

2,518 posts

103 months

Friday 17th August 2012
quotequote all
Oi U said:
Another non-white and with a blue roof, taken during collection at Stuttgart.





That is a stunning colour combo. Loving the gloss wheels.

Congrats.

Platinum or GT silver?



Oi U

202 posts

55 months

Friday 17th August 2012
quotequote all
Thanks.
Platinum with matt platinum (!) wheels