Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
1 2 3 4
6
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

anniesdad

10,041 posts

126 months

[news] 
Wednesday 12th September 2012 quote quote all
That's how it came from the factory! smile

What colour should it be?

Gibbo205

1,750 posts

95 months

[news] 
Wednesday 12th September 2012 quote quote all
Any of you new 981 S owners previously owned a 997 Carrera?

How do they compare for outright handling, grip, corner speed ability? Any driven 981 S on track yet?

535dBoy

458 posts

86 months

[news] 
Wednesday 12th September 2012 quote quote all
anniesdad said:
That's how it came from the factory! smile

What colour should it be?
Is it an S?

doneitnow

594 posts

36 months

[news] 
Wednesday 12th September 2012 quote quote all
anniesdad said:


Here's an image of a 981 I wasn't expecting to see quite so soon. smile

Looks like a gremlin as it sorted itself out with a reboot. Anybody else seen this?
Didn't do it in the five weeks I had it.

anniesdad

10,041 posts

126 months

[news] 
Wednesday 12th September 2012 quote quote all
535dBoy said:
Is it an S?
2.7
Advertisement

anniesdad

10,041 posts

126 months

[news] 
Wednesday 12th September 2012 quote quote all
doneitnow said:
Didn't do it in the five weeks I had it.
I meant to ask what you thought of the car?

doneitnow

594 posts

36 months

[news] 
Wednesday 12th September 2012 quote quote all
anniesdad said:
I meant to ask what you thought of the car?
Absolutely loved it, noticed the difference being the 2.7 compared to my 3.4 but it was a fantastic drive and a lot of fun at lower speeds, not really into convertibles but at least I had the sunshine whilst I had it lol. Problem now is that I have had a brand new C2S for the day today and well, it leaves the boxster miles behind but then so does the price.

Oi U

167 posts

34 months

[news] 
Thursday 13th September 2012 quote quote all
Spotted at Monza last Sunday:


Nody31

17 posts

31 months

[news] 
Friday 14th September 2012 quote quote all
anniesdad said:


Here's an image of a 981 I wasn't expecting to see quite so soon. smile

Looks like a gremlin as it sorted itself out with a reboot. Anybody else seen this?
My 2.7 has done it a number of times - the EPB appears to get confused - and then it will be ok??

I understand that VW EPB's have a real hisory of playing up like this - and i suspect what we have are VW parts??

AndyBrew

2,747 posts

107 months

[news] 
Saturday 15th September 2012 quote quote all
Ozzie Osmond said:
melvster said:
Has anyone in the UK ordered their Boxster with a manual ?
I was wondering the same thing looking at the pics in this thread!
Ours is a manual wink

Ozzie Osmond

16,468 posts

134 months

[news] 
Saturday 15th September 2012 quote quote all
AndyBrew said:
Ozzie Osmond said:
melvster said:
Has anyone in the UK ordered their Boxster with a manual ?
I was wondering the same thing looking at the pics in this thread!
Ours is a manual wink
So presumably you share the annoyance of being unble to reach the radio volume control because the gear lever is always in the way!! They never switch it round for RHD.

  • Any idea what if anything the SPORT button does? ** The manual says it adds "greater emotionality", which is very helpful! I reckon it just switches on a light... biggrin

535dBoy

458 posts

86 months

[news] 
Saturday 15th September 2012 quote quote all
Ozzie Osmond said:
So presumably you share the annoyance of being unble to reach the radio volume control because the gear lever is always in the way!! They never switch it round for RHD.

  • Any idea what if anything the SPORT button does? ** The manual says it adds "greater emotionality", which is very helpful! I reckon it just switches on a light... biggrin
That is very true, even in a manual

Mrs a bit annoyed that she doesn't have steering wheel buttons because we have the sport wheel with paddles

I had a mustang last week in that was a nice wheel, not dissimilar to look at to our wheel and yet managed to get buttons for everything on there, in place of the stupid bits that say sport, sport plus and launch control!

SFO

3,457 posts

71 months

[news] 
Sunday 16th September 2012 quote quote all
a few pics from a recent 2400 mile Alpine trip:

on top of Mount Ventoux at sunrise:


somewhere cold:


Reims:


Carl_Docklands

3,332 posts

150 months

[news] 
Sunday 16th September 2012 quote quote all
LaurasOtherHalf said:
Spotted this one at the ring the other month & forgot to upload them to this thread:



Go careful with those options lads!
I reckon that is about £1500-2000 worth of interior paint options.

anniesdad

10,041 posts

126 months

[news] 
Wednesday 19th September 2012 quote quote all
Nody31 said:
My 2.7 has done it a number of times - the EPB appears to get confused - and then it will be ok??

I understand that VW EPB's have a real hisory of playing up like this - and i suspect what we have are VW parts??
Well it's happened every day for the last few days and it's getting annoying. I know what will happen though OPC will be unable to diagnose fault and we'll get stuck with it...probably.

Nody31

17 posts

31 months

[news] 
Saturday 22nd September 2012 quote quote all
anniesdad said:
Well it's happened every day for the last few days and it's getting annoying. I know what will happen though OPC will be unable to diagnose fault and we'll get stuck with it...probably.
Try this, as it seems to have cleared the problem up - before you go out sit in the car and before you drive off - just put the hand break on and off in a slow sequence several times (6/8)- you can hear the electric motors winding in an out within the rear hubs - im guessing that the mechenism sticks slightly (as its new), and the car registers a fault even though there is none.

if you try this before a number of trips you might just find that the problem
disapears..



Mike981

23 posts

27 months

[news] 
Monday 24th September 2012 quote quote all
Nody31 said:
anniesdad said:
Well it's happened every day for the last few days and it's getting annoying. I know what will happen though OPC will be unable to diagnose fault and we'll get stuck with it...probably.
Try this, as it seems to have cleared the problem up - before you go out sit in the car and before you drive off - just put the hand break on and off in a slow sequence several times (6/8)- you can hear the electric motors winding in an out within the rear hubs - im guessing that the mechenism sticks slightly (as its new), and the car registers a fault even though there is none.

if you try this before a number of trips you might just find that the problem
disapears..
This issue may be related to the issue on this thread: http://www.planet-9.com/cayman-boxster-problems-co...

Is there a pattern emerging?

anniesdad

10,041 posts

126 months

[news] 
Monday 24th September 2012 quote quote all
guys, thanks for the advice and the link to the guys problems. Yes, it sounds exactly like the issues we've been having and indeed his mention that it appears to have sorted out hill hold and some other stuff rings true as looking back I've not seen hill hold come on for sometime despite thinking that it might well have done. I believe the car has to be at a certain angle for the system to recognise that hill hold might be required. I took it into OPC Bolton, they found a couple of errors logged (it's actually occurred more than twice) and that they were unrelated. One was suggestion that it was the clutch part. As they were unrelated they wanted to clear the codes and then send me on my way to see if the error came back on. So far I've not seen it. We'll see.

It looks like the clutch part might well have sorted out the guy on planet-9...hard to believe that Porsche have released a car with such faults. Don't they test these things extensively all over the world in lots of different conditions?! spin

doneitnow

594 posts

36 months

[news] 
Monday 24th September 2012 quote quote all
anniesdad said:
guys, thanks for the advice and the link to the guys problems. Yes, it sounds exactly like the issues we've been having and indeed his mention that it appears to have sorted out hill hold and some other stuff rings true as looking back I've not seen hill hold come on for sometime despite thinking that it might well have done. I believe the car has to be at a certain angle for the system to recognise that hill hold might be required. I took it into OPC Bolton, they found a couple of errors logged (it's actually occurred more than twice) and that they were unrelated. One was suggestion that it was the clutch part. As they were unrelated they wanted to clear the codes and then send me on my way to see if the error came back on. So far I've not seen it. We'll see.

It looks like the clutch part might well have sorted out the guy on planet-9...hard to believe that Porsche have released a car with such faults. Don't they test these things extensively all over the world in lots of different conditions?! spin
Hill hold very rarely came on when I had your car, I did wonder why funny enough!

Ozzie Osmond

16,468 posts

134 months

[news] 
Monday 24th September 2012 quote quote all
Hill hold is pathetic. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, so it might as well not be there at all. And when it doesn't you can't just pull up the handbrake you have to lean forward and fumble under the dashboard trying to remember whether it's pull to apply like every other handbrake on the planet or push to apply just to be different.

Do PDK cars have the same problem?

What were they thinking with this whole electric brake garbage....
1 2 3 4
6
Reply to Topic