Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
2
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

Latty666

Original Poster:

251 posts

31 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
Has a Cerbera ever been stolen? I was discussing car security with a guy at work and trackers came in to it, he asked if I have a tracker and when I said I don't he said I must be mad ? Yet I can never recall hearing of a Cerb, or any Tvr been stolen?

RUSSELLM

4,948 posts

130 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
I've not heard of a Cerbie going.

When I first started looking for a car, I saw a Chim at a dealer's in Bromsgrove, where someone had appeared to try to prize the door open with a crow bar...

That's about it for me.

Tomej

148 posts

35 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
Half of the owners have trouble starting it, let alone a thief smile

pmessling

1,528 posts

86 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
i reactivated the tracker that was fitted to mine when i got it, sort of gives a bit more peace of mind that it might be found.

Latty666

Original Poster:

251 posts

31 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
Tomej said:
Half of the owners have trouble starting it, let alone a thief smile
Ha ha ha very true!
Advertisement

steviejasp

1,404 posts

48 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
Never heard of one being stolen but according to some posts, quite a few highway robberies have been committed underneath them.

Dutch_Cerbera

381 posts

75 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
if i remember correctly, for a long time there has been a Red Cerbera SP6 for sales in NL (Rotterdam area).
after a very long time (unsold) all of a sudden she was gone.
and somewhere i think i have read that she was stolen

Mr Tank

5,410 posts

158 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
Hi

My car had a traker fitted before I purchased it! But I never paid to keep it active!

When I had Karl Brown replace the alarm last month he removed the tracker for me as it was a power drain, even thought it was not active!

My insurance company have never asked for me to have one fitted!

Andy

HarryW

11,948 posts

152 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
Mr Tank said:
Hi

My car had a traker fitted before I purchased it! But I never paid to keep it active!

When I had Karl Brown replace the alarm last month he removed the tracker for me as it was a power drain, even thought it was not active!

My insurance company have never asked for me to have one fitted!

Andy
Carl Baker?

Jurgen Schmidt

261 posts

84 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
I have been thinking about a tracker of late, but in the back of my mind I have flashbacks of that episode of Top Gear when members of the public are challenged to get in and start a Tuscan 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&v=5s...

touching cloth

11,699 posts

122 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
Had a break in at my last house, took all the car keys (yes kept near the door .. doh). Came out to find Lexus taken and the TVR (was the Chim actually as this story predates the Cerb) sitting there unlocked but unstolen. Came to the conclusion they couldn't work out how to open the door biglaugh

FarmyardPants

2,520 posts

101 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
touching cloth said:
Had a break in at my last house, took all the car keys (yes kept near the door .. doh). Came out to find Lexus taken and the TVR (was the Chim actually as this story predates the Cerb) sitting there unlocked but unstolen. Came to the conclusion they couldn't work out how to open the door biglaugh
hehe

gruffalo

3,013 posts

109 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
touching cloth said:
Had a break in at my last house, took all the car keys (yes kept near the door .. doh). Came out to find Lexus taken and the TVR (was the Chim actually as this story predates the Cerb) sitting there unlocked but unstolen. Came to the conclusion they couldn't work out how to open the door biglaugh
That would be why they were breaking into houses and not operating on people brains to pay their way in the world then.

Latty666

Original Poster:

251 posts

31 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
I think if mine was taken I'd hope that it got the better of them and they ended up upside down in a ditch full of pig poo.

Jhonno

1,683 posts

24 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
FarmyardPants said:
touching cloth said:
Had a break in at my last house, took all the car keys (yes kept near the door .. doh). Came out to find Lexus taken and the TVR (was the Chim actually as this story predates the Cerb) sitting there unlocked but unstolen. Came to the conclusion they couldn't work out how to open the door biglaugh
hehe
laughlaughlaugh

That was going to be my comment!!

Cavey

439 posts

114 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
A couple of years ago I was talking to someone about trackers and they said if your car was stolen would you want it back? That was it for me and trackers, although that was with a 911 and I supppse Cerbs are a bit more personal so maybe you would want it back. But it would still be on the register as stolen/recovered.

RUSSELLM

4,948 posts

130 months

[news] 
Thursday 4th October 2012 quote quote all
I think it would only be on the register if the Insurance paid out & the car subsequently turned up ?
But likewise, I wouldn't want mine back if it had been abused.

cerdad

257 posts

84 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
If they managed to get in and work out how to start the car, do you really think they could make a quiet exit as it seems mostof the cerbs are lacking much in the way of silencing and picture some scumbag kangerooing down the road trying to get the hang of the clutch and if your car is nosed on the drive what about trying to get in reverse without waking the dead !!!. Carl Baker took my tracker off because of the power drain and it looked like Stevie Wonder fitted it .

jammy_basturd

10,500 posts

95 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
It's almost, almost, a case of, if any thief manages to find a way into the car, disarm the immobiliser, work out how to start the thing, actually gets the car to start, manages to operate the gearbox and clutch, press the lights button instead of the horn, hits the brakes without them squeaking, AND is able to do all this quietly enough without waking up yourself and every neighbour, then they almost deserve to have the car!

FarmyardPants

2,520 posts

101 months

[news] 
Friday 5th October 2012 quote quote all
jammy_basturd said:
It's almost, almost, a case of, if any thief manages to find a way into the car, disarm the immobiliser, work out how to start the thing, actually gets the car to start, manages to operate the gearbox and clutch, press the lights button instead of the horn, hits the brakes without them squeaking, AND is able to do all this quietly enough without waking up yourself and every neighbour, then they almost deserve to have the car!
I'm coming over with a fishing rod and a set of trackday silencers smile

Know what you mean though.
2
Reply to Topic