Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
1 2 ... 7 8
10 11 ... 14 15
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

DB9 Ian P

966 posts

41 months

[news] 
Wednesday 29th August 2012 quote quote all
Bincenzo said:
Grant3 said:
Hi Mark, great news that the "boss" has okayed the purchase biggrin , I hope the guide leads you to your ideal car, photo's a must when you find your new beast.
G
Grant, not only did she agree, but I've bought one! V8V, and it's gorgeous. The book helped enormously with my research, so thanks again for such a great insight. I'll post some piccies soon when I get it, arrives in a couple of weeks.
Mark
Don't you just love happy endings - looking forward to the pictures smile

Grant3

3,087 posts

141 months

[news] 
Wednesday 29th August 2012 quote quote all
DB9 Ian P said:
Don't you just love happy endings - looking forward to the pictures smile
+1 that is great news woohoo must confess I love the fact that the guide has helped so many people find their ideal Aston Martin - there is a lot of pleasure to be had in owning and driving and Aston, the more the merrier I say smile now shout where are those photos Mark?

Bincenzo

1,546 posts

65 months

[news] 
Wednesday 29th August 2012 quote quote all
Grant3 said:
DB9 Ian P said:
Don't you just love happy endings - looking forward to the pictures smile
+1 that is great news woohoo must confess I love the fact that the guide has helped so many people find their ideal Aston Martin - there is a lot of pleasure to be had in owning and driving and Aston, the more the merrier I say smile now shout where are those photos Mark?
Grant, all, not picking the Aston up until 7/8 Sept, as the current owner has a private plate which needs transferring. Once I get it, you'll be the first to see it. It really is the happiest ever ending.....I'm so chuffed. Thanks again Grant, as I'm genuinely not sure I'd have had the confidence to buy one without the reassurance and advice the book gave me. Thankfully the current owner is an absolute gentleman, and very conscientious. The local dealer desperately wanted to buy it back off him, but he preferred it to go to a good home.....me. Watch this space.

YorkshireAndy

67 posts

48 months

[news] 
Friday 31st August 2012 quote quote all
Hi there,
I recently purchased this book which I am about half way through reading at the moment. I bought it becasue I am considering an AMV8V as a weekend car after a very pleasing test drive in one.

A quick question - when you update the book with new information is there a way of getting a PDF with the latest version? I saw mention of it earlier in this thread but could not see how to get the PDF.

Thanks

Grant3

3,087 posts

141 months

[news] 
Friday 31st August 2012 quote quote all
YorkshireAndy said:
Hi there,
I recently purchased this book which I am about half way through reading at the moment. I bought it becasue I am considering an AMV8V as a weekend car after a very pleasing test drive in one.
A quick question - when you update the book with new information is there a way of getting a PDF with the latest version? I saw mention of it earlier in this thread but could not see how to get the PDF.
Thanks
Hi Andy, thanks for buying the guide and I hope you are enjoying it.
The 4th edition is fully up to date through until the 2012.5MY, so it should give you evrything you need to find the right Vantage. The next changes will be for the 013MY which will be in a few weeks time and will only affect brand new cars.

The latest PDF update is designed for those that purchased earlier editions, but it does also include comprehensive information on the newly launched Vanquish (& V12V Roadster)so you will get this via email.

Advertisement

Grant3

3,087 posts

141 months

[news] 
Saturday 1st September 2012 quote quote all
One of the most rewarding things about putting the guide together is feedback from fellow enthusiasts, particularly when the book has helped someone find the ideal new Aston Martin.

I couldn't resist posting one of the latest emails, which really shows the special affect these stunning cars can have on you.....

Grant, I can inform you that since I bought the book, I used it as the perfect research tool for buying my first Aston Martin.

I am now the proud owner of a 2005 DB9 and love everything about it. I got it from AM Cardiff and my mate took me to view it. He was so impressed that he's ended up with a V8 Vantage and we collected them both from the garage at the same time.

Your guide was essential in my purchase.
Edward



Not one but two new owners thumbup congrats on your stunning new cars guys.

YorkshireAndy

67 posts

48 months

[news] 
Monday 3rd September 2012 quote quote all
Grant3 said:
Hi Andy, thanks for buying the guide and I hope you are enjoying it.
The 4th edition is fully up to date through until the 2012.5MY, so it should give you evrything you need to find the right Vantage. The next changes will be for the 013MY which will be in a few weeks time and will only affect brand new cars.

The latest PDF update is designed for those that purchased earlier editions, but it does also include comprehensive information on the newly launched Vanquish (& V12V Roadster)so you will get this via email.
Thanks Grant - and thanks for your email also - I am certainly enjoying the guide. I was one of the lucky few who went to the Sunday Service at Gaydon yesterday. I saw the bright yellow 'Jesus' Vantage photographed in your book, amongst a host of other AMs.

Moily

42 posts

27 months

[news] 
Thursday 6th September 2012 quote quote all
Hi Grant,

I purchased your excellent book a month ago, which was not only informative and entertaining but very valuable when I had my first drive in an Aston the other weekend!

Could I trouble you to request the PDF update, pls? I'm keen to read up on the V12VR and Vanquish.

Many thanks

Grant3

3,087 posts

141 months

[news] 
Thursday 6th September 2012 quote quote all
Moily said:
Hi Grant,
I purchased your excellent book a month ago, which was not only informative and entertaining but very valuable when I had my first drive in an Aston the other weekend!
Could I trouble you to request the PDF update, pls? I'm keen to read up on the V12VR and Vanquish.
Many thanks
Hi Moily, Pop me your email address and post code and I'll check on this for you, if you ordered a month ago you should have had it already, but it may have been caught in your Spam box. smile
G

leman600

65 posts

102 months

[news] 
Saturday 15th September 2012 quote quote all
This book is very helpful in quickly giving you the information needed to purchase one of these cars in a far more informed way. It is also a very good read and the authors occaisional flowery emotionas come through and I suspect ring a chord with most of us car nuts. It is good to have a book that is not just statistics etc. 10/10

DonM

7 posts

33 months

[news] 
Thursday 27th September 2012 quote quote all
I had been dreaming of purchasing a used Gaydon era Aston Martin for quite a while and then just came across this great book at the right time beginning of this year. Besides loads of beautiful pictures it provides so much valuable and professional information between the covers i never thought of. It is a must have for everyone who wants to get into owning an Aston Martin; especially when you're thinking of buying a used car.
I intentionally didn't rush and allowed myself almost 1 year to search for the right car before i finally purchased a 2006 DB9 this June. The book was the perfect help in making the right choice and paid off for its price instantly. Thanks for this wonderful book!

DB9 Ian P

966 posts

41 months

[news] 
Thursday 27th September 2012 quote quote all
DonM said:
I had been dreaming of purchasing a used Gaydon era Aston Martin for quite a while and then just came across this great book at the right time beginning of this year. Besides loads of beautiful pictures it provides so much valuable and professional information between the covers i never thought of. It is a must have for everyone who wants to get into owning an Aston Martin; especially when you're thinking of buying a used car.
I intentionally didn't rush and allowed myself almost 1 year to search for the right car before i finally purchased a 2006 DB9 this June. The book was the perfect help in making the right choice and paid off for its price instantly. Thanks for this wonderful book!
Rules are rules - pictures please and congratulation on joining the world of Aston. Hope you are enjoying it smile

QP Noor

320 posts

108 months

[news] 
Tuesday 9th October 2012 quote quote all
Another Thanks to Grant.

Mine came through last week. Its a very comprehensive book, and will prove invaluable in my hunt for a DB9.

Update PDF - are existing purchasers, automatically sent the pdf?


Grant3

3,087 posts

141 months

[news] 
Sunday 14th October 2012 quote quote all
Apologies for the delay in replying.........
Cheers for the feedback Leman600 & DonM, also for your email DonM (Martin)...I'm waiting for the image of your DB9, it would be great to have it pasted in this thread smile

QP Noor - The only extra information in the update over the 4th edition (which you have)is on the new Vanquish and V12 Vantage Roadster, but you will certainly get a copy via email. We leave a good while so you have chance to digest the book first before being tempted with a Vanquish biggrin ....like your website by the way.


Edited by Grant3 on Sunday 14th October 17:23

mitch1408

21 posts

24 months

[news] 
Saturday 10th November 2012 quote quote all
Grant, is there a way to get the whole book on PDF? You sent the update which ive saved to my iPad (and take everywhere) but would love the whole book so I can take the whole thing with me. Dont worry if not, it would just be a nice to have.

Grant3

3,087 posts

141 months

[news] 
Saturday 10th November 2012 quote quote all
mitch1408 said:
Grant, is there a way to get the whole book on PDF? You sent the update which ive saved to my iPad (and take everywhere) but would love the whole book so I can take the whole thing with me. Dont worry if not, it would just be a nice to have.
Hi Chris,
I agree it would be good on the iPad, we don't currently produce the entire book as a PDF because of the large file size (it is image rich) and also...in honesty.... because of the pirate/free copy problems. As soon as something comes out in PDF form it pops up on a torrent site somewhere, you only have to look at Aston's own PDF's (manuals etc) which keep popping up all over the web!

The button has now been pressed on the (printed) 5th edition, which will be out in 2-3 weeks, I'll post details below, meantime we are still looking at how we could make it work digitally for future editions.
Cheers
G

Grant3

3,087 posts

141 months

[news] 
Saturday 10th November 2012 quote quote all


This is the new front cover for the 5th edition, which is at the printers and should be with us within the next 2-3 weeks.

It has increased in size to 274 pages and has been expanded to include comprehensive details on the recently launched new V12 Vantage Roadster, Vanquish and 2013MY DB9 - plus additions and tweaks throughout.
Anyone that has recently purchased the 4th edition will receive a "tweaked" PDF update shortly.

The books website is the same as before www.astonmartinreview.co.uk

It's an ideal Xmas gift thumbupxmas

mitch1408

21 posts

24 months

[news] 
Saturday 10th November 2012 quote quote all
Grant3 said:
Hi Chris,
I agree it would be good on the iPad, we don't currently produce the entire book as a PDF because of the large file size (it is image rich) and also...in honesty.... because of the pirate/free copy problems. As soon as something comes out in PDF form it pops up on a torrent site somewhere, you only have to look at Aston's own PDF's (manuals etc) which keep popping up all over the web!

The button has now been pressed on the (printed) 5th edition, which will be out in 2-3 weeks, I'll post details below, meantime we are still looking at how we could make it work digitally for future editions.
Cheers
G
Grant, thats a good and fair point. Someone is always looking to copy things illegally! Ill just have to remember to take the book with me!

mitch1408

21 posts

24 months

[news] 
Saturday 10th November 2012 quote quote all
Just a thought, but could you sell it via the app store? I have no idea whats involved in getting that set up but was just a thought. It should stop copyright issues etc and then its the users problem ref downloading such a large file.

triple5

306 posts

31 months

[news] 
Tuesday 13th November 2012 quote quote all
Hi Grant, I asked for a copy of your excellent guide from father Christmas last year and he duly obliged, after lots of research and looking for the right car I took delivery of a V8 Vantage a couple of weeks back from Stratstone Cardif.

Absolutely loving the car, the book was invaluable.

If I send you the email address of the person who ordered the book from you, would you be able to send the update?

Thanks
Allan

1 2 ... 7 8
10 11 ... 14 15
Reply to Topic