Borders Do's, Don'ts and Reflections:
1. Don't bank on motorways being open.
2. Don't arrive too early, seven hours drinking is quite enough.
3. When you wake up and the room appears to be sloping, don't worry it isn't a hangover it's the room.
4. Jockman is a very lucky guy.
5. Don't let Mhairi drink Prosecco by the glass when the bar only sells is Champagne by the glass, sorry to anyone who bought her a drink, there may be quite a few of you.
6. If you need an alarm call forget reception just call B4rnst4ble and he will be happy to arrange it, however the whole village will have to agree on the time (7.52am normally).
7. Don't let Jockman order the wine if you are paying- how much?
8. Aston Martin windscreens are very brittle but their owners are very understanding, sorry Adam but the Mini that dawdled on to the dual carriageway has got to take some of the rap. Me behind you next time - that sounds wrong.
9. Mrs Jockman is quite a lucky lady.
10. Jamie deserves a medal, not only does he carry the bucket but he puts up with his fathers driving.
11. Rob has great self control as long as Molly is there to control him.
12. Are all Vanquish owners as nice as Neil and his mate Les?
13. Has Neil got the most understanding wife in the world? - "darling I'd quite like a Vanquish" - "fine dear".
14. Do return to the Greenman but take a torch next time - was your room as dark as ours?
15. Cylinder envy is a bad and potentially ruinous thing.
16. Volantes don't need to be Yeti'ised to crack on - Steve. But they sound fantastic when the have been.
17. Geologists also know about the finer things in life, even though they can occasionally be wrong - jam THEN cream.
FINALLY message to myself at the end of this posting DO thank everyone involved, as has been said great overnight stay, great roads and most important of all great, great company. Thanks Molly and Rob, can't wait for the next time and looking at the Autumn thread might be sooner than I had thought.
3. Thats a typical Herefordshire 'character' property. Naturally we live in the mini version of it!
5. Well lucky Mhairi! Is it possible that the others thought she was Molly (who celebrated a big birthday 2 days earlier & spent 6 months organising the event?!). No champagne for me
B4rnst4ble bought me a G &T & that was it (Neil was a real sweetie & gave me a couple of nice bottles next day :smile
7. Jockman did lurk & offer advice when he saw me looking at the wine list. Fortunately I didn't choose anything too expensive tho' - just as well as I paid (yes, even my husband got away with paying for nothing more than a round of drinks!)
10. & did a good job on the walkie talkie, as did Andy who was passenger with Token Jock
12. I hope so but Neil is the only one I've had the privilege to meet
14. Dark? That's proper countryside for you
Also, I apologise again for calling you Phil (thinking you were Jockman) when you are obviously far more tanned & definitely not a shade of blue - worse still, we had met before - I am so sorry!