PistonHeads.com Forum

Show Me Your BMW!!!!!!!!!

Show Me Your BMW!!!!!!!!!

Author
Discussion

cerb4.5lee

7,826 posts

88 months

Sunday 30th September 2012
quotequote all
BalhamBadger said:
Finally got one:









It's an individual, Aegean Blue, great spec. Delighted with it so far, it's a huge step up from my old e36. There are a few stone chips on the front I'd like to get sorted at some point in the future, and the wheels are de-lacquering in a few areas but it's otherwise in great condition.
Thats gorgeous badger, wonderful colour combo & especially love how clean your exhausts are! thumbup

Hope you have lots of fun in it, enjoy!! smile

Luca Brasi

863 posts

82 months

Sunday 30th September 2012
quotequote all
BalhamBadger said:
Finally got one:









It's an individual, Aegean Blue, great spec. Delighted with it so far, it's a huge step up from my old e36. There are a few stone chips on the front I'd like to get sorted at some point in the future, and the wheels are de-lacquering in a few areas but it's otherwise in great condition.
lick That looks lovely!


BalhamBadger

1,117 posts

81 months

Monday 1st October 2012
quotequote all
cerb4.5lee said:
Thats gorgeous badger, wonderful colour combo & especially love how clean your exhausts are! thumbup

Hope you have lots of fun in it, enjoy!! smile
Thanks, I autosol'd them minutes before taking the picture! Not quite the perfect finish I was looking for but I think a few more sessions should do the trick.

The car was immaculate when I got it - the previous owner looked after it really well. If you search "Aegean blue M3" or similar there's a youtube video posted by KDS Keltec showing the results of a full detailing session. I'd like to keep it looking good but hope I can maintain the regime after the initial novelty of ownership wears off.

astirling

343 posts

80 months

Monday 1st October 2012
quotequote all
BalhamBadger said:
Finally got one:









It's an individual, Aegean Blue, great spec. Delighted with it so far, it's a huge step up from my old e36. There are a few stone chips on the front I'd like to get sorted at some point in the future, and the wheels are de-lacquering in a few areas but it's otherwise in great condition.
Great colour combo, looks fantastic. Enjoy it!

BalhamBadger

1,117 posts

81 months

Monday 1st October 2012
quotequote all
astirling said:
Great colour combo, looks fantastic. Enjoy it!
Thanks to you, too. The pics don't really do the colour justice, it's a lovely deep blue with hints of green coming through in bright sunlight - I've never seen one like it before. Anyway, I'll stop clogging up the thread now..
Advertisement

counterofbeans

523 posts

47 months

Monday 1st October 2012
quotequote all
My 2002 540i Sport Auto in Imola red:-


cerb4.5lee

7,826 posts

88 months

Monday 1st October 2012
quotequote all
BalhamBadger said:
cerb4.5lee said:
Thats gorgeous badger, wonderful colour combo & especially love how clean your exhausts are! thumbup

Hope you have lots of fun in it, enjoy!! smile
Thanks, I autosol'd them minutes before taking the picture! Not quite the perfect finish I was looking for but I think a few more sessions should do the trick.

The car was immaculate when I got it - the previous owner looked after it really well. If you search "Aegean blue M3" or similar there's a youtube video posted by KDS Keltec showing the results of a full detailing session. I'd like to keep it looking good but hope I can maintain the regime after the initial novelty of ownership wears off.
It certainly looks an immaculate example & i use autosol on my exhausts aswell to try to keep them looking sweet, i will have a gander on youtube at it then thanks for the heads up, its a stunning motor you can be very proud! thumbup

raceboy

10,892 posts

188 months

Monday 1st October 2012
quotequote all
Why didn't more people spec Imola when they bought new, it's just stunning on anything.
Really fustrating to the used buyer like me that 90% of the cars are resale silver and ironicaly thats the one thing putting me off buying them. rotate

Fox-

12,188 posts

154 months

Monday 1st October 2012
quotequote all
Don't be so hard on resale silver, its not that bad!


BalhamBadger

1,117 posts

81 months

Monday 1st October 2012
quotequote all
counterofbeans said:
My 2002 540i Sport Auto in Imola red:-

Lovely colour, m-parallels one of the all-time greats. Have you lowered it a few cm? Looks very purposeful.

raceboy

10,892 posts

188 months

Monday 1st October 2012
quotequote all
Fox- said:
Don't be so hard on resale silver, its not that bad!
It's just soooooo common, I'd pay more for a similar used car in Imola or Avus/Estoril.
Next time you're in a big car park look at the percentage of monochrome black/white/grey cars, I guess I'm just an attention we

Edited by raceboy on Monday 1st October 21:07

gaz1234

5,233 posts

127 months

Monday 1st October 2012
quotequote all
Fox- said:
Don't be so hard on resale silver, its not that bad!

not common, what next, fox saying he loves bmws, never!

BullyB

2,244 posts

155 months

Monday 1st October 2012
quotequote all
counterofbeans said:
My 2002 540i Sport Auto in Imola red:-

Do love that colour

Fox-

12,188 posts

154 months

Monday 1st October 2012
quotequote all
gaz1234 said:
not common, what next, fox saying he loves bmws, never!
Didn't say it wasn't common, just that its not that bad a colour hehe

PaulFr

58 posts

47 months

Tuesday 2nd October 2012
quotequote all
My First beemer .... bought new and had it 5 years, sold it to get a bike as it was under used.








2 years after I get my second beemer ... (still have the bike smile) Paintwork neeeds some attention with some chips and swirls etc but I'll get round to it sometime! Gotta learn to drive it first smile









counterofbeans

523 posts

47 months

Tuesday 2nd October 2012
quotequote all
BalhamBadger said:
counterofbeans said:
My 2002 540i Sport Auto in Imola red:-

Lovely colour, m-parallels one of the all-time greats. Have you lowered it a few cm? Looks very purposeful.
Thanks!

Just standard by the way

Fox-

12,188 posts

154 months

Tuesday 2nd October 2012
quotequote all
That M5 is awesome!

One thing I've always wondered though about cars like that on Jersey - it must be like having a caged tiger? How do you justify the costs of such a capable machine on an island with a max speed limit of 40mph? Do you take it over to the mainland frequently?

gaz1234

5,233 posts

127 months

Tuesday 2nd October 2012
quotequote all
Fox- said:
That M5 is awesome!

One thing I've always wondered though about cars like that on Jersey - it must be like having a caged tiger? How do you justify the costs of such a capable machine on an island with a max speed limit of 40mph? Do you take it over to the mainland frequently?
no, i bet he drives like a gay

PaulFr

58 posts

47 months

Tuesday 2nd October 2012
quotequote all
Fox- said:
That M5 is awesome!

One thing I've always wondered though about cars like that on Jersey - it must be like having a caged tiger? How do you justify the costs of such a capable machine on an island with a max speed limit of 40mph? Do you take it over to the mainland frequently?
Justify? Kids love it on the Sunday ice-cream run ... wife likes the look of it so sorted. Enough for me smile

You'd be surprised at the number of M beemers, amg mercs, s audis, astons, porsches, evos, scoobs etc on local roads which are at best 'B' class roads in UK terms!

Anyway, I have driven to Spain twice this year as it happens. France which is 1.5 hours away is easliy visited for a weekend for some delicious, lightly travelled roads .... my scooby sti enjoyed the Brittany/Normandy roads to a degree that one might call pure indulgance. Paris is a day trip too if you want to push it, country road there - peage back. Well worth it so far!

PaulFr

58 posts

47 months

Tuesday 2nd October 2012
quotequote all
gaz1234 said:
no, i bet he drives like a gay
... not sure if that's fast or slow tbh as I am not up to speed on my bigotry these days. Should have a poll ...