PistonHeads.com Forum

Chimaera 500 work begins

Chimaera 500 work begins

Author
Discussion

Bassfiend

5,353 posts

155 months

Friday 29th April 2011
quotequote all
:O

Foly huck!

Podie

43,311 posts

180 months

Friday 29th April 2011
quotequote all
Bookmarked!

dog man

551 posts

107 months

Friday 29th April 2011
quotequote all
Are you saying this will be a 630bhp Chimaera! OMG! this is literally amazing, great great work. I'm looking at this instead of the wedding! hahaha

v8ndy

Original Poster:

149 posts

144 months

Friday 29th April 2011
quotequote all
Cheers guys and thanks for the comments, Not much on the telly today rolleyes so i got the charge cooler piped up

v8ndy

Original Poster:

149 posts

144 months

Friday 29th April 2011
quotequote all

I think i`ll move them horns so there not interupting the air flow into the rads
Advertisement

Bassfiend

5,353 posts

155 months

Saturday 30th April 2011
quotequote all
You're a madman and it's nice to see that such insanity still exists ... hehe

Phil

Simon says

13,518 posts

126 months

Saturday 30th April 2011
quotequote all
Bassfiend said:
You're a madman and it's nice to see that such insanity still exists ... hehe

Phil
+1 and this project is superb thumbup

Alexdaredevilz

5,676 posts

84 months

Monday 6th June 2011
quotequote all
Any updates?

RedLeicester

6,669 posts

150 months

Monday 6th June 2011
quotequote all
Absolutely stunning you madman!

v8ndy

Original Poster:

149 posts

144 months

Thursday 9th June 2011
quotequote all
Alexdaredevilz said:
Any updates?
Hi all, I`ve kind of ran into a brick wall at the momment with the ecu and its build in security, Welcome to the world of Ford P.A.Tsbanghead Normaly the chip in the key communicates with the dash clocks this in turn tells the ecu and we all go for a drive down the roadwoohoo, As i don`t have the keys and clocks i got a guy to disable the security, brilliant till you turn off the power and the ecu generates a new code from a few billon its got spare!!!censored So everytings working except there`s no injector pulse, To sort this its
option 1: replace the lot with a standalone ecu/remap and return fuel system
option 2: breakers yard for clocks keys and a blast on Fords I.D.S to recode it all
option 3: handheld scan tool for some OBD tunning.

Option 3: i`m liking this week due to the fact i can solve the issue with the EGR/EVAP and rear O2 sensor and P.A.Ts but it does involve rebuilding the fuel map, downside its gotta come from the states!

For the interested http://www.deltaforcetuning.com/Commando-p/co-5000...

But i have been playing with toy number 2 while i make up my mindbiggrin


900T-R

19,840 posts

162 months

Thursday 9th June 2011
quotequote all
Oh dear eek That's not just any toy, is it? biggrin

MPoxon

4,517 posts

78 months

Thursday 9th June 2011
quotequote all
900T-R said:
Oh dear eek That's not just any toy, is it? biggrin
LOL

yadric

3 posts

62 months

Monday 29th August 2011
quotequote all
Update ?

SILICONEKID340HP

13,550 posts

136 months

Monday 29th August 2011
quotequote all
Come on Andy im sick and tired of Jammy Dodgers project laughThis one is the mother of projects..

v8ndy

Original Poster:

149 posts

144 months

Wednesday 14th September 2011
quotequote all
Summers over! holidays finished! So back to it with a trip to the breakers yard to rob a Mustang of it`s security bits and bobs

Key + Transmitter + Clocks = £300! I finally decided on this option simply because it was the cheapest if it works

Jammy Dodger

2,449 posts

60 months

Wednesday 14th September 2011
quotequote all
SILICONEKID340HP said:
Come on Andy im sick and tired of Jammy Dodgers project laughThis one is the mother of projects..
I'm sick of my project too - he's right on all counts. No-one is going to top this in a hurry thumbup

This one should edge out over 500bhp/tonne - nice work and beautifully executed

v8ndy

Original Poster:

149 posts

144 months

Wednesday 14th September 2011
quotequote all
Jammy Dodger said:
SILICONEKID340HP said:
Come on Andy im sick and tired of Jammy Dodgers project laughThis one is the mother of projects..
I'm sick of my project too - he's right on all counts. No-one is going to top this in a hurry thumbup

This one should edge out over 500bhp/tonne - nice work and beautifully executed
It never set out to be the mother of all projects! but it`s funny how these things just snowball! My first thoughts were "yeah that will fit" biglaugh A quick once over with a tape measure, a bit of cutting here and there, then DA DAA! standard looking Chimaera with a bit more power hehe

After a late night ITS RUNNINGbounce eight wires and ten minutes on the Ford IDS to reprogramme the ecu to the clocks & keys, To simple to belive it would work really

Simon says

13,518 posts

126 months

Wednesday 14th September 2011
quotequote all
Some vids please Andy. thumbup

Jammy Dodger

2,449 posts

60 months

Wednesday 14th September 2011
quotequote all
v8ndy said:
It never set out to be the mother of all projects! but it`s funny how these things just snowball! My first thoughts were "yeah that will fit" biglaugh A quick once over with a tape measure, a bit of cutting here and there, then DA DAA! standard looking Chimaera with a bit more power hehe

After a late night ITS RUNNINGbounce eight wires and ten minutes on the Ford IDS to reprogramme the ecu to the clocks & keys, To simple to belive it would work really
Wahay ! congratulations

i know what you mean about snowballing... mine started as "should be able to get the claimed 320 out of it if I spend £3k." then "hang on, if £3k = 40bhp and a 'charger at £6k = 120bhp, then the 'charger is better value" then after ordering the charger "hang on, do I trust the old engine to handle the charger - better rebuild it" etc. etc. etc.

Anyway - this is your thread, I'm mighty impressed by what you've achieved, fantastic.

dbv8

7,885 posts

125 months

Wednesday 14th September 2011
quotequote all
Congrats.
Lets hope you feel inclined to do some testing at a drag strip sometime.
I dont suppose it will be ready to stretch its legs at Shakey on 1st/2nd Oct will it?