Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

cpas

Original Poster:

1,610 posts

120 months

[news] 
Saturday 13th October 2012 quote quote all
Hi there.

I am now driving a Superb SE TDi with the 170BHP engine, and I'd just like to say it is a truly brilliant car.

I haven't seen very many on the road though, which is quite nice in a way smile

Does anyone else on here have one of these, and what are your thoughts?

The only 2 slight gripes I have are the lack of rear wiper and lack of DAB, but apart from that it's 'superb'!!

It does show a clean set of heels to some 'better' cars which is quite a lot of fun smile

va1o

13,090 posts

87 months

[news] 
Saturday 13th October 2012 quote quote all
I don't have one but I do like them alot, and are probably quietly the best saloon VAG make today. As a private buy make a lot of sense. 170 TDI does seem to be the most popular but the V6 4x4 version looks tempting!

Deerfoot

2,237 posts

64 months

[news] 
Saturday 13th October 2012 quote quote all
Love the estate, the saloon hatch-thingy is a bit clumsy around the back end in my eyes.

Can`t argue with the value or interior space though.

Cemesis

639 posts

42 months

[news] 
Saturday 13th October 2012 quote quote all
I have a Greenline model which uses the 1.6 TDI from the Golf Bluemotion (and lots of other things today). 60mpg all the time (really) and 30 quid road tax. I've driven 10k in it already and although its certainly not quick, its a brilliant practical car.

I got an Elegance with Keyless entry, park assist, blinds, heated front and rear seats and all the Nav, bluetooth and media streaming functions.

Its in for warranty work at the moment (niggly things) and its first service which is under 100 quid.

missing the VR6

1,588 posts

69 months

[news] 
Saturday 13th October 2012 quote quote all
They are brilliant cars, just done a deal on a used Elegance 170 DSG est today, the PX.... Disco 3. Back in May I took a 1 year old Disco 4 in PX for a Superb hatch. We're really getting some nice PX's in against Superbs.


va1o said:
I don't have one but I do like them alot, and are probably quietly the best saloon VAG make today. As a private buy make a lot of sense. 170 TDI does seem to be the most popular but the V6 4x4 version looks tempting!
Have sold 2 V6's and they are a bit special, really go nicely and make a lovely sound. One chap who bought one does about 35/40K a year in his and absolutely loves it, complete petrol head and all round top bloke.
Advertisement

liner33

3,994 posts

82 months

[news] 
Sunday 14th October 2012 quote quote all
We have an 09 Elegance since new , nice car no major gripes in 50,000 miles.

If the rear screen bothers you get some car lack polish it will keep the screen clear

Dr G

10,684 posts

122 months

[news] 
Monday 15th October 2012 quote quote all
I like them too yes

james_tigerwoods

11,634 posts

77 months

[news] 
Monday 15th October 2012 quote quote all
Cemesis said:
I have a Greenline model which uses the 1.6 TDI from the Golf Bluemotion (and lots of other things today). 60mpg all the time (really) and 30 quid road tax. I've driven 10k in it already and although its certainly not quick, its a brilliant practical car.

I got an Elegance with Keyless entry, park assist, blinds, heated front and rear seats and all the Nav, bluetooth and media streaming functions.

Its in for warranty work at the moment (niggly things) and its first service which is under 100 quid.
How does it run fully loaded (4x up and luggage)?

Bitofbully

394 posts

19 months

[news] 
Monday 15th October 2012 quote quote all
james_tigerwoods said:
How does it run fully loaded (4x up and luggage)?
Slowly.

Bitzer

2,511 posts

48 months

[news] 
Monday 15th October 2012 quote quote all
A mate of mine may have to have the 1.6D V70 for his next company car.

TBH most cars with a 1.6 diesel are going to be slow, but with a shed load of gear and people in then it'll barely move. He really doesn't want it.

Seeker UK

1,155 posts

38 months

[news] 
Monday 15th October 2012 quote quote all
missing the VR6 said:
Have sold 2 V6's and they are a bit special, really go nicely and make a lovely sound.
I've looked at a V6 but tended to avoid in the belief that they're just that ghastly old 2.5 V6 that Audi got shot of about 5-6 years ago. Am I wrong?

Bitofbully

394 posts

19 months

[news] 
Monday 15th October 2012 quote quote all
Seeker UK said:
missing the VR6 said:
Have sold 2 V6's and they are a bit special, really go nicely and make a lovely sound.
I've looked at a V6 but tended to avoid in the belief that they're just that ghastly old 2.5 V6 that Audi got shot of about 5-6 years ago. Am I wrong?
They're the current 3.2 V6 also used in the Passat.

missing the VR6

1,588 posts

69 months

[news] 
Monday 15th October 2012 quote quote all
Bitofbully said:
They're the current 3.2 V6 also used in the Passat.
It's actually the 3.6V6 used in the Passat R36 but detuned from 300 - 240PS.

As regards the performance of the 1.6TDi I've sold two Greenlines to guys coming out of Passat 170's and both are very surprised (in a good way) with the performance of the 1.6TDI, one of them even tows his caravan with it.

Bitofbully

394 posts

19 months

[news] 
Monday 15th October 2012 quote quote all
missing the VR6 said:
Bitofbully said:
They're the current 3.2 V6 also used in the Passat.
It's actually the 3.6V6 used in the Passat R36 but detuned from 300 - 240PS.
Didn't realise it was a 3.6 - thought it was still a 3.2 in the Passat, but then R36 wouldn't make sense, would it?

Dr G

10,684 posts

122 months

[news] 
Monday 15th October 2012 quote quote all
They did briefly offer a 3.2 in the Passat but they sold in truly tiny numbers.

It's a distant relative of the 2.8 in a Golf VR6 (narrow angle V, one block, one head).

Bitzer

2,511 posts

48 months

[news] 
Monday 15th October 2012 quote quote all
missing the VR6 said:
It's actually the 3.6V6 used in the Passat R36 but detuned from 300 - 240PS.

As regards the performance of the 1.6TDi I've sold two Greenlines to guys coming out of Passat 170's and both are very surprised (in a good way) with the performance of the 1.6TDI, one of them even tows his caravan with it.
I think I was following him the other day... hehe


cpas

Original Poster:

1,610 posts

120 months

[news] 
Tuesday 16th October 2012 quote quote all
I had a Golf Bluemotion as a company car with the 105BHP engine, and whilst not slow, it lacked any sparkle, especially if you wanted to do an overtake. It was far better to drive though to the 'comparable' Prius an old work colleague had!! My Superb is unbelievable good for towing the caravan, and we did the return journey from Northants to Wells in Norfolk towing with it and it was quite enjoyable, and we were always at the back of the queue not the front smile

Cemesis

639 posts

42 months

[news] 
Thursday 18th October 2012 quote quote all
james_tigerwoods said:
How does it run fully loaded (4x up and luggage)?
It drives fine. Its not quick but then how often are you able to set your own pace? Round here I'm always behind someone else so I can benefit from good ecconomy. Its the largest car I could find that was Group C road tax.

liner33

3,994 posts

82 months

[news] 
Thursday 18th October 2012 quote quote all
Cemesis said:
I have a Greenline model which uses the 1.6 TDI from the Golf Bluemotion (and lots of other things today). 60mpg all the time (really) and 30 quid road tax. I've driven 10k in it already and although its certainly not quick, its a brilliant practical car.

I got an Elegance with Keyless entry, park assist, blinds, heated front and rear seats and all the Nav, bluetooth and media streaming functions.

Its in for warranty work at the moment (niggly things) and its first service which is under 100 quid.
First service at 10k? Is it not on variable?

Reply to Topic