Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
1
3
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

thewave

13,479 posts

94 months

[news] 
Tuesday 29th May 2007 quote quote all
Cheers everyone, sorry we had to leave Sunday morning without saying goodbye, unfortunately we had a call, and wally's dad had been rushed to hospital after having a fit, he's okay though, came out yesterday.

Anyway, looks like we missed the best night by a country mile, hope everyone had a good time.

Garlick and the chap in the press scooby (can't remember name), good to meet you, made everyone feel welcome.
Kinky and Sue, very friendly, Kinky also repays his debts quicker than anyone else i've ever met!

Lots of others, all made us feel welcome, sorry I didn't mention you all.

Shame about the weather, it was the kind of event where a good bit of sunshine would have made it an absolutely fabulous weekend, however, drinking cold beer on a cold night, is not really my cup of tea, in fact tea would have been the order of the day, had I have brought my saucepan for hot water.

Look forward to a PF next year, however, now I've experience it, i think i'll get an RV and bring the family! Seemed like the sensible thing to do.

Also, Vixpy, I thought you were going to destroy someone Saturday night, you certainly scared the shite out of me, and I hadn't done anything....if looks could kill!, I was convinced you thought I'd nicked your tent!

Nice to meet you all, will catch up with you all some other time thumbup

lord summerisle

7,779 posts

110 months

[news] 
Tuesday 29th May 2007 quote quote all
burriana said:
As for time, yes, July or August.
suprising, but i'd say that September or July are often the best months to be camping... August can be lovely during the day, but freezing at night time (and thats from someone who camps from March to October virtually every weekend)

JonRB

42,976 posts

157 months

[news] 
Tuesday 29th May 2007 quote quote all
madazrx7 said:
blueyonder said:
...Oh well there's always next year! Please, please can it be later in the year to increase the prospect of decent weather?
If we're voting on when & where, may I suggest Julyish, Thruxton or Brands Hatch? (or even better, Goodwood, but not in conjunction with either of the big events...)
See the other thread(s) running - Britcar 24hrs at Silverstone in August 2008 is looking like a strong contender.

Vixpy1

41,327 posts

149 months

[news] 
Tuesday 29th May 2007 quote quote all
Yes, thanks to all that organised, and thanks to BG and a couple of others for helping me get my TVR keys out of the boot hehe

ali_kat

26,457 posts

106 months

[news] 
Tuesday 29th May 2007 quote quote all
thewave said:
the chap in the press scooby (can't remember name),
Adam biggrin

Kinky introduced him when I got there, and I wasn't sober enuf to see him again hehe
Advertisement

Robatr0n

Original Poster:

11,745 posts

101 months

[news] 
Tuesday 29th May 2007 quote quote all
ali_kat said:
thewave said:
the chap in the press scooby (can't remember name),
Adam biggrin

Kinky introduced him when I got there, and I wasn't sober enuf to see him again hehe
I called him Stella man for some reason! wink

Vixpy1

41,327 posts

149 months

[news] 
Tuesday 29th May 2007 quote quote all
ali_kat said:
thewave said:
the chap in the press scooby (can't remember name),
Adam biggrin

Kinky introduced him when I got there, and I wasn't sober enuf to see him again hehe
I thought that was Pete, Adam was in an FQ360 and had to go early because he had the flu.

Kinky

34,310 posts

154 months

[news] 
Tuesday 29th May 2007 quote quote all
ali_kat said:
thewave said:
the chap in the press scooby (can't remember name),
Adam biggrin

Kinky introduced him when I got there, and I wasn't sober enuf to see him again hehe
It was Pete wink

I brought Adam over seperately.

K

Kinky

34,310 posts

154 months

[news] 
Tuesday 29th May 2007 quote quote all
thewave said:
Kinky and Sue, very friendly, Kinky also repays his debts quicker than anyone else i've ever met!
I was SO gagging for that coffee - but didn't want to wake up Mrs. K, or Kinky Junior.

Thanks thumbup

ali_kat

26,457 posts

106 months

[news] 
Tuesday 29th May 2007 quote quote all
Kinky said:
ali_kat said:
thewave said:
the chap in the press scooby (can't remember name),
Adam biggrin

Kinky introduced him when I got there, and I wasn't sober enuf to see him again hehe
It was Pete wink

I brought Adam over seperately.

K
paperbag I remembered Adam wink

ali_kat

26,457 posts

106 months

[news] 
Tuesday 29th May 2007 quote quote all
Vixpy1 said:
ali_kat said:
thewave said:
the chap in the press scooby (can't remember name),
Adam biggrin

Kinky introduced him when I got there, and I wasn't sober enuf to see him again hehe
I thought that was Pete, Adam was in an FQ360 and had to go early because he had the flu.
That explains why I didn't see him again! biggrin

AngryS3Owner

15,798 posts

114 months

[news] 
Tuesday 29th May 2007 quote quote all
ali_kat said:
That explains why I didn't see him again! biggrin
I think that may have had more to do with you passing out in your car at 7:30pm hehe

ali_kat

26,457 posts

106 months

[news] 
Tuesday 29th May 2007 quote quote all
AngryS3Owner said:
ali_kat said:
That explains why I didn't see him again! biggrin
I think that may have had more to do with you passing out in your car at 7:30pm hehe
It was 10.30! tongue out

Garlick

40,597 posts

125 months

[news] 
Tuesday 29th May 2007 quote quote all
ali_kat said:
It was 10.30! tongue out
I think I only spoke to you a few times Ali- the last time as you lay your head into my left arm....ahhhh!

ali_kat

26,457 posts

106 months

[news] 
Tuesday 29th May 2007 quote quote all
Garlick said:
ali_kat said:
It was 10.30! tongue out
I think I only spoke to you a few times Ali- the last time as you lay your head into my left arm....ahhhh!
paperbag

Garlick

40,597 posts

125 months

[news] 
Tuesday 29th May 2007 quote quote all
ali_kat said:
Garlick said:
ali_kat said:
It was 10.30! tongue out
I think I only spoke to you a few times Ali- the last time as you lay your head into my left arm....ahhhh!
paperbag
hehe

RacingPete

6,387 posts

89 months

PH Tech Boss Bloke

[news] 
Tuesday 29th May 2007 quote quote all
thewave said:
chap in the press scooby (can't remember name)
It was me smile

Must remember to wear a big silly hat (or steal the beer helmet) or a name tag next time.

It was good to meet you all and put faces to the names on here, thank you all for making the event fun, despite the rain/wind. thumbup Roll on the next event.

Garlick

40,597 posts

125 months

[news] 
Tuesday 29th May 2007 quote quote all
RacingPete said:
thewave said:
chap in the press scooby (can't remember name)
It was me smile

Must remember to wear a big silly hat (or steal the beer helmet) or a name tag next time.

It was good to meet you all and put faces to the names on here, thank you all for making the event fun, despite the rain/wind. thumbup Roll on the next event.
Thanks for being there mate! When you do the 'I left PistonFest early' graphic, make sure you do one for yourself!

Fort Jefferson

7,572 posts

107 months

[news] 
Tuesday 29th May 2007 quote quote all
Vixpy1 said:
Yes, thanks to all that organised, and thanks to BG and a couple of others for helping me get my TVR keys out of the boot hehe
Thats ok Charlie, I was a car thief in a previous life.wink

thewave

13,479 posts

94 months

[news] 
Tuesday 29th May 2007 quote quote all
Garlick said:
RacingPete said:
thewave said:
chap in the press scooby (can't remember name)
It was me smile

Must remember to wear a big silly hat (or steal the beer helmet) or a name tag next time.

It was good to meet you all and put faces to the names on here, thank you all for making the event fun, despite the rain/wind. thumbup Roll on the next event.
Thanks for being there mate! When you do the 'I left PistonFest early' graphic, make sure you do one for yourself!
Pete, I was quite surprised when you looked at my cheeky little model and picked out it was an MG straight away, but after looking at your profile I can see that you know your MGs!

PS Garlick, I did have a valid reason for leaving early, can I be excused from the 'I left PF early' graphic shame please..hehe

Glad to meet you both, will hopefully make a Sunday(Saturday) Service when the MG's done, as it was a head down moment every time someone asked what I came in .. a renault megane Paddy even gave me a run down on why they are so s***e!
1
3
Reply to Topic