Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
1 2 ... 24 25
27 28 ... 48 49
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

silent k

750 posts

117 months

[news] 
Saturday 17th March 2012 quote quote all
va1o said:
Hmm I hadn't thought of that, but good point. Am downsizing from a 64GB that was never more than half full to a 32GB, hope I don't run out of space.
The iPad retina graphics are going to be 4* the size of the existing graphics, and you have to add them on top of the existing graphics. Something I'm working on at the mo is 50mb with just normal graphics, going to be closer to 250mb once we add retina graphics to it. 16Gb is going to get filled very quickly with retina apps!

threespires

1,424 posts

97 months

[news] 
Saturday 17th March 2012 quote quote all
Brite spark said:
threespires said:
I bought it to view my camera pictures whilst out and about, but there seems to be no easy way to do this.
what about the camera connection kit?


threespires said:
I seem to spend my time shouting at the damn machine.
There's an app for that
I'm using the camera connector. My problem ?
I have 1,000 pix on my sd card, but only want to import 500 pix. There seems to be no way to do this apart from clicking 500 individual thumbnails & then importing.

To me the only advantage of the iPad over my 200 HP netbook is the "instant on" and excellent screen. Otherwise I fail to see the attraction.

If it were mine to sell, it would have been booted out the door by now.

Brite spark

1,337 posts

87 months

[news] 
Saturday 17th March 2012 quote quote all
Badabing said:
Currently typing on a, shock horror, keyboard on an iBook G4. Works a treat.

Are these really worth the hype? 50/50 about getting one.
Go to comet, tesco, etc and have a play on one to get a feel for it, size of screen, etc, load ph on the iPad and look through a few pages to see how you feel about the web browsing view.

You need to consider how you will use one, they're great for sofa surfing or lying In bed as its easier to hold than a laptop and lacks the heat output of one.

Great for kids if you have any.

Lack of flash is a pain at times but in the main doesn't bother me, odd video, picture or website I have to put the pc on for, although there are work arounds for this on the iPad.


steve_bmw

1,420 posts

61 months

[news] 
Saturday 17th March 2012 quote quote all
im said:
Put my iPad 2 next to my lads iPad 3 and it was unanimously agreed that the desktop and internet looked exactly the same.

Then we asked my mrs to say which was the clearer display and she couldn't choose between them.

Must be on HD video that the difference is apparent because at the moment I can't see any advantage at all...they even look all but identical.
I was in john lewis yesterday and had a look at the ipad3, I did have my ipad2 on me and put them side by side, and your right theres not much if any difference in it, the only time I saw a difference was when zooming in on text, if you get so big the 2 pixelated before the 3.

so I am not dissapointed at all that I got the ipad2, If the size of the apps and everything else is getting much bigger for retina display then you realy need the 64gig version which is more is it worth the extra?







Oakey

16,662 posts

102 months

[news] 
Saturday 17th March 2012 quote quote all
trooperiziz said:
Yup, this is the annoying thing, the ipad would play the 1080p file fine using hardware playback if it was in a different container (m4v), but because Apple are being their usual contrary self, they steadfastly refuse to support MKV hardware playback.
The new iPad has more than enough graphical power to do it, you just can't hook into it...

Ah well, next year, next iPad, maybe biggrin
Tehre'll be someone along to support this decision any moment I imagine. Or to tell you how it's fun to convert your existing library to the correct format. Or how you don't even need MKV.
Advertisement

trooperiziz

8,501 posts

138 months

[news] 
Saturday 17th March 2012 quote quote all
Oakey said:
trooperiziz said:
Yup, this is the annoying thing, the ipad would play the 1080p file fine using hardware playback if it was in a different container (m4v), but because Apple are being their usual contrary self, they steadfastly refuse to support MKV hardware playback.
The new iPad has more than enough graphical power to do it, you just can't hook into it...

Ah well, next year, next iPad, maybe biggrin
Tehre'll be someone along to support this decision any moment I imagine. Or to tell you how it's fun to convert your existing library to the correct format. Or how you don't even need MKV.
smile

I can understand why they might want to limit the format, as they are in the business of selling content through iTunes, and supporting MKV will likely impact their revenue from that.
Doesn't make it any less frustrating though...

Brite spark

1,337 posts

87 months

[news] 
Saturday 17th March 2012 quote quote all
threespires said:
I'm using the camera connector. My problem ?
I have 1,000 pix on my sd card, but only want to import 500 pix. There seems to be no way to do this apart from clicking 500 individual thumbnails & then importing.

To me the only advantage of the iPad over my 200 HP netbook is the "instant on" and excellent screen. Otherwise I fail to see the attraction.

If it were mine to sell, it would have been booted out the door by now.
How's the iPad for deleting pictures? Import everything then delete?
Transfer the unwanted 500 onto the hp or another mem card, then the rest from mem card to iPad?
Email the pictures to yourself,then open on iPad?

How would you select half of them on the hp without individually selecting them?

New thread In computers, gadgets and stuff or photography and video may get you an answer from someone that knows how to do what you want.

trooperiziz

8,501 posts

138 months

[news] 
Saturday 17th March 2012 quote quote all
Brite spark said:
threespires said:
I'm using the camera connector. My problem ?
I have 1,000 pix on my sd card, but only want to import 500 pix. There seems to be no way to do this apart from clicking 500 individual thumbnails & then importing.

To me the only advantage of the iPad over my 200 HP netbook is the "instant on" and excellent screen. Otherwise I fail to see the attraction.

If it were mine to sell, it would have been booted out the door by now.
How's the iPad for deleting pictures? Import everything then delete?
Transfer the unwanted 500 onto the hp or another mem card, then the rest from mem card to iPad?
Email the pictures to yourself,then open on iPad?

How would you select half of them on the hp without individually selecting them?

New thread In computers, gadgets and stuff or photography and video may get you an answer from someone that knows how to do what you want.
Alternatively, do it through iTunes and sync the chosen pics...

threespires

1,424 posts

97 months

[news] 
Saturday 17th March 2012 quote quote all
trooperiziz said:
Brite spark said:
threespires said:
I'm using the camera connector. My problem ?
I have 1,000 pix on my sd card, but only want to import 500 pix. There seems to be no way to do this apart from clicking 500 individual thumbnails & then importing.

To me the only advantage of the iPad over my 200 HP netbook is the "instant on" and excellent screen. Otherwise I fail to see the attraction.

If it were mine to sell, it would have been booted out the door by now.
How's the iPad for deleting pictures? Import everything then delete?
Transfer the unwanted 500 onto the hp or another mem card, then the rest from mem card to iPad?
Email the pictures to yourself,then open on iPad?

How would you select half of them on the hp without individually selecting them?

New thread In computers, gadgets and stuff or photography and video may get you an answer from someone that knows how to do what you want.
Alternatively, do it through iTunes and sync the chosen pics...
Thanks for illustrating my point, basically I can't import pix from my card without putting them onto my HP netbook first.
Again I have to say this iPad is a big disappointment, a 500 machine that doesn't seem to do what a 200 netbook will do.

va1o

13,755 posts

93 months

[news] 
Saturday 17th March 2012 quote quote all
Posting from mine now... the screen is simply incredible

trooperiziz

8,501 posts

138 months

[news] 
Saturday 17th March 2012 quote quote all
threespires said:
Thanks for illustrating my point, basically I can't import pix from my card without putting them onto my HP netbook first.
Again I have to say this iPad is a big disappointment, a 500 machine that doesn't seem to do what a 200 netbook will do.
On behalf of Apple, please let me say how dreadfully sorry we all are that the iPad isn't perfect for the one very specific job you would like it to do.

nick heppinstall

3,496 posts

166 months

[news] 
Saturday 17th March 2012 quote quote all
Ok. Just converted Toy Story Bluray, Avatar and Tron Legacy.

All I can say is WOW !

This screen is something else.

Really enjoying every aspect of the machine s far.

I used my Touchpad a lot but think this will get even more use.

My 64gb iPod Touch had 220 apps totalling around 16gb and about 30gb of music.

I've kept most of the native iPad apps but culled the rest so my apps total is now about 7gb. Oh apart from Pinball Dreams which I could just not live without.

Not othered about the music because that's on my iPod.

Books are also much easier on the eye with the Retina screen.

im

34,302 posts

103 months

[news] 
Saturday 17th March 2012 quote quote all
steve_bmw said:
im said:
Put my iPad 2 next to my lads iPad 3 and it was unanimously agreed that the desktop and internet looked exactly the same.

Then we asked my mrs to say which was the clearer display and she couldn't choose between them.

Must be on HD video that the difference is apparent because at the moment I can't see any advantage at all...they even look all but identical.
I was in john lewis yesterday and had a look at the ipad3, I did have my ipad2 on me and put them side by side, and your right theres not much if any difference in it, the only time I saw a difference was when zooming in on text, if you get so big the 2 pixelated before the 3.

so I am not dissapointed at all that I got the ipad2, If the size of the apps and everything else is getting much bigger for retina display then you realy need the 64gig version which is more is it worth the extra?
yes

In normal viewing mode, on your lap browsing the net there is no difference unless you have the enhanced eyesight of a cyborg.

I even asked my neighbour and his 2 kids to tell me which was the latet iPad and none of them said they could tell.

It may very well be discernable when you zoom in but how many times do you do that in the corse of browing the web or running an app???



jimbobr1

118 posts

32 months

[news] 
Saturday 17th March 2012 quote quote all
Ipad 3 is far better than the Ipad 2. Just take a look at this video to see.

http://gizmodo.com/5894094/we-people-an-ipad-2-tol...

nick heppinstall

3,496 posts

166 months

[news] 
Saturday 17th March 2012 quote quote all
jimbobr1 said:
Ipad 3 is far better than the Ipad 2. Just take a look at this video to see.

http://gizmodo.com/5894094/we-people-an-ipad-2-tol...
That's pretty funny ! I'm sure if I had had an iPad 2 then I would not have been upgrading.

iPad 1.... I would have been seriously thinking about it.

Voice dictation works very well !

V40TC

700 posts

70 months

[news] 
Saturday 17th March 2012 quote quote all
DPD finally arrived with Mine
I am more than happy with it, screen resolution is fantastic.
It is my first Ipad but I have looked at the Ipad2 when the grandchildren were
over.
Just getting to grips with it glad I opted for the 64Gb version.
just waiting on screen protectors and case from Maroo.

luke111s

847 posts

74 months

[news] 
Saturday 17th March 2012 quote quote all
iPad 3 vs Galaxy Tab 10.1 so far...

Galaxy Tab has the really nice feature of launching some basic apps from within any program, such as calendar or calculator which I do miss.

Android has much better Google Maps which I do miss.

iPad has a much better screen aspect ratio which surprised me, I was happy to have a wider screen for viewing video but actually the more rectagonal screen is nicer to use.

iPad has a massively better keyboard. I think this is more due to the Galaxy Tab keyboard being horrible though as I think the default Android keyboard on Nexus S is significantly better than iPhone 4.

Already I am liking the iPad apps more than Android tablet apps, I don't think I really used any apps for the Galaxy Tab other than the web browser and Kindle as most of them were pretty horrible. Apple had it right in their keynote when describing most Android apps as mobile apps sized to fit the tablet screen, rather than tablet apps.

iCloud is fantastic, looking forward to Mountain Lion to get the notes and reminders syncing on my desktop too.

The experience of using the OS is the best part for me, Honeycomb was really laggy whereas iPad is super super smooth.

im

34,302 posts

103 months

[news] 
Saturday 17th March 2012 quote quote all
jimbobr1 said:
Ipad 3 is far better than the Ipad 2. Just take a look at this video to see.

http://gizmodo.com/5894094/we-people-an-ipad-2-tol...
My point exactly. Also now done the next-to-each-other test on my daughter 10 minutes ago and she chose the iPad2 as the slightly better display rofl

Apple don't even have to try any more, the hype has done its job.

TheHeretic

73,668 posts

141 months

[news] 
Saturday 17th March 2012 quote quote all
Or your genetic material is the cause of crappy eyesight? scratchchin

im

34,302 posts

103 months

[news] 
Saturday 17th March 2012 quote quote all
Fan boy alert.

You're exactly the type of person that video above highlights...hehe
1 2 ... 24 25
27 28 ... 48 49
Reply to Topic