PistonHeads.com Forum

iPhone 5 Cases

Author
Discussion

BaronVonVaderham

1,613 posts

56 months

Thursday 4th October 2012
quotequote all
Just got mine yesterday and then traipsed all the way to regent st apple to be told no cases for the 5 at all!

Would like one of these:

http://goincase.com/products/detail/snap-case-cl69...

Worked a treat on my 4.

markmullen

15,841 posts

143 months

Thursday 4th October 2012
quotequote all
Has anyone tried the battery cases?

I had one for a previous Blackberry but managed to destroy the belt clip quite quickly jumping in and out of cars.

mrmr96

13,736 posts

113 months

Thursday 4th October 2012
quotequote all
BaronVonVaderham said:
Just got mine yesterday and then traipsed all the way to regent st apple to be told no cases for the 5 at all!

Would like one of these:

http://goincase.com/products/detail/snap-case-cl69...

Worked a treat on my 4.
Or... 99p on ebay:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370653637159

TonySim

251 posts

130 months

Thursday 4th October 2012
quotequote all

BaronVonVaderham

1,613 posts

56 months

Thursday 4th October 2012
quotequote all
Taa all but specifically after the incase one as if it's like its predecesssor it just fits in the hand nicely, no sharp edges and does a good job of protecting the phone. Dropped 4 plenty of times but only chipped edges off the case.

ETA: Link with stock from tomorrow h'apparently...

http://www.icollectionshop.com/collections/incase-...


Edited by BaronVonVaderham on Thursday 4th October 17:18

Advertisement

AB

Original Poster:

14,695 posts

104 months

Thursday 4th October 2012
quotequote all
http://uk.beyzacases.com/pd-iphone-5-zero-series-c...

I'm about to pre-order for my 5 Black.

Help with colour choice?

I've had both black and brown for my 5 so was thinking tan but is it a bit horrible? I can't work out if it's nice or ste.

Probably go for brown if not tan.

Maybe tan would end up grubby?

BaronVonVaderham

1,613 posts

56 months

Friday 5th October 2012
quotequote all
Have just seen that HMV seem to have a good selection for the 5 - going to check them out at lunch. Quite keen on the Gear 4 black one that looks like a car has run over it...

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/directQuery.do?Ntt=iphone+5&...

brissleboy

398 posts

79 months

Friday 5th October 2012
quotequote all
Thanks for the heads up re Beyzacases, just ordered a "Zero Series" in boring black!

iCollection

6 posts

47 months

Friday 5th October 2012
quotequote all
BaronVonVaderham said:
Taa all but specifically after the incase one as if it's like its predecesssor it just fits in the hand nicely, no sharp edges and does a good job of protecting the phone. Dropped 4 plenty of times but only chipped edges off the case.

ETA: Link with stock from tomorrow h'apparently...

http://www.icollectionshop.com/collections/incase-...

Edited by BaronVonVaderham on Thursday 4th October 17:18
Yes, we did get these in today - and about 600 back-orders are going out today! Still waiting for new cases from Knomo, Beyza, Speck (etc) though.

Someone in this thread mentioned buying Incase products on Amazon - but be very careful as there are so many fakes around. Official Incase resellers (in the UK that's ourselves, John Lewis and Apple) are not allowed to sell Incase products on Amazon or eBay. And Incase is one of the most counterfeited brands of Apple accessories.

iCollection

6 posts

47 months

Friday 5th October 2012
quotequote all
AB said:
http://uk.beyzacases.com/pd-iphone-5-zero-series-c...

I'm about to pre-order for my 5 Black.

Help with colour choice?

I've had both black and brown for my 5 so was thinking tan but is it a bit horrible? I can't work out if it's nice or ste.

Probably go for brown if not tan.

Maybe tan would end up grubby?
The tan is a bit orange in reality.

AB

Original Poster:

14,695 posts

104 months

Friday 5th October 2012
quotequote all
iCollection said:
The tan is a bit orange in reality.
Thanks may stick with the brown then.

BaronVonVaderham

1,613 posts

56 months

Friday 5th October 2012
quotequote all
iCollection said:
BaronVonVaderham said:
Taa all but specifically after the incase one as if it's like its predecesssor it just fits in the hand nicely, no sharp edges and does a good job of protecting the phone. Dropped 4 plenty of times but only chipped edges off the case.

ETA: Link with stock from tomorrow h'apparently...

http://www.icollectionshop.com/collections/incase-...

Edited by BaronVonVaderham on Thursday 4th October 17:18
Yes, we did get these in today - and about 600 back-orders are going out today! Still waiting for new cases from Knomo, Beyza, Speck (etc) though.

Someone in this thread mentioned buying Incase products on Amazon - but be very careful as there are so many fakes around. Official Incase resellers (in the UK that's ourselves, John Lewis and Apple) are not allowed to sell Incase products on Amazon or eBay. And Incase is one of the most counterfeited brands of Apple accessories.
No luck in HMV or O2 store for a decent case so think i will be ordering from you guys, any chance of a cheeky discount code for bringing you to the attention of the wise and wealthy PH masses? wink

iCollection

6 posts

47 months

Friday 5th October 2012
quotequote all
BaronVonVaderham said:
No luck in HMV or O2 store for a decent case so think i will be ordering from you guys, any chance of a cheeky discount code for bringing you to the attention of the wise and wealthy PH masses? wink
No harm in asking, and you deserve it! Use the code PISTONHEADS for 10% off anything (not just Incase Snap Cases). Any more and I would be in trouble, as we're not meant to give any discounts off new items. There are not many Snap Cases left though as most have gone out to back-order customers today, but about 30 left (Black) and 40 left (Clear).

Hope that helps, James

BaronVonVaderham

1,613 posts

56 months

Friday 5th October 2012
quotequote all
iCollection said:
No harm in asking, and you deserve it! Use the code PISTONHEADS for 10% off anything (not just Incase Snap Cases). Any more and I would be in trouble, as we're not meant to give any discounts off new items. There are not many Snap Cases left though as most have gone out to back-order customers today, but about 30 left (Black) and 40 left (Clear).

Hope that helps, James
Ordered! Many thanks indeed for the code, much appreciated. Roll on delivery day!

custardkid

2,105 posts

133 months

Friday 5th October 2012
quotequote all
my 4 (OH), 4s (work) are still going strong with cheap ebay screen protectors front and back, so will be doing the same with the 5.

this also means they fit in the snap in car holders.

the trick is to not be a clutz and drop it!!

Custard

XKjimmy

1,495 posts

92 months

Friday 5th October 2012
quotequote all

TimJMS

2,462 posts

160 months

Friday 5th October 2012
quotequote all
I just went for

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=searc...

Purely to tide me over until Mophie release their first juice packs.

v5 rob

127 posts

101 months

Friday 5th October 2012
quotequote all
ive got one of these cases, does the job and not bad for the price http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/iPhone-5-HIGHEST-QUALITY...

mrmr96

13,736 posts

113 months

Friday 5th October 2012
quotequote all
TimJMS said:
I just went for

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=searc...

Purely to tide me over until Mophie release their first juice packs.
Or... 99p on ebay:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370653637159

MrML

759 posts

116 months