PistonHeads.com Forum

Supercars spotted, some rarities (Vol 4)

Supercars spotted, some rarities (Vol 4)

TOPIC CLOSED
TOPIC CLOSED
Author
Discussion

astroarcadia

1,376 posts

110 months

Tuesday 2nd October 2012
quotequote all
More pics of the Verde AV.

Petrolhead95

6,701 posts

64 months

Tuesday 2nd October 2012
quotequote all
K321 said:
612

r8 v10 in unusual colour
Prestwold by any chance?

JonMA

18 posts

88 months

Tuesday 2nd October 2012
quotequote all


Saw this in Rome in April.

Cledus Snow

1,697 posts

98 months

Tuesday 2nd October 2012
quotequote all
Cheating a little bit. These were in the car park at snetterton on Sunday.








Fishtigua

9,786 posts

105 months

Tuesday 2nd October 2012
quotequote all
Cledus Snow said:
Cheating a little bit. These were in the car park at snetterton on Sunday.


I'm being thick here but what's the blue car behind?

I know I'll lose PH points for this
Advertisement

Carlique

833 posts

74 months

Tuesday 2nd October 2012
quotequote all
Fishtigua said:
I'm being thick here but what's the blue car behind?

I know I'll lose PH points for this
Mclaren mp4-12c

cc8s

4,002 posts

113 months

Tuesday 2nd October 2012
quotequote all
I know this a completely wrong request in the light of such historic bugattis, but do you have more pictures on the 12C? I love it in Azure Blue!

Fishtigua

9,786 posts

105 months

Tuesday 2nd October 2012
quotequote all
Carlique said:
Fishtigua said:
I'm being thick here but what's the blue car behind?

I know I'll lose PH points for this
Mclaren mp4-12c
Oh, I'd never noticed those grills down the rear window strut before.

DonnyMac

3,624 posts

113 months

Tuesday 2nd October 2012
quotequote all
cc8s said:
rawkyjnr said:
cc8s said:
Does anyone know this car? Is it a real Cobra?

I saw it in Newcastle a few years ago. I must have done a reg check a while ago because I have it as a 7.0l, which would probably make it a 427.
Only way to find out is to reg check it, chances are it isn't real...
Agreed. I reg checked it a few years back, as mentioned, but I just listed it as an 'AC Cobra 7.0'. I had no real knowledge of Cobras at the time so it is entirely possible that those are the exact words on the reg check.
IIRC the real ones' bonnet scoop is riveted on, not smooth as in the picture. I think.

Pothole

22,373 posts

192 months

Tuesday 2nd October 2012
quotequote all
They came with smooth ones, too. Problem is there were many detail changes over the years. Most had badges above the vents in the wings, but not all.

trixyD

164 posts

49 months

Tuesday 2nd October 2012
quotequote all
This thread should be re-named car porn. Some of you guys are a real dab hand with the camera thumbup

Kept me busy for the last few weeks, keep 'em coming!

duggan

772 posts

158 months

Tuesday 2nd October 2012
quotequote all
DonnyMac said:
IIRC the real ones' bonnet scoop is riveted on, not smooth as in the picture. I think.
For full competition yes, but not a way of telling if it's real or not - I would point to the 4 point stud wheel hubs, rather than knock-offs biggrin

munch997

2,325 posts

97 months

Tuesday 2nd October 2012
quotequote all
astroarcadia said:
More pics of the Verde AV.
OK.










A truely stunning car, and owners are really nice too.

Shmee

6,265 posts

123 months

Tuesday 2nd October 2012
quotequote all
CRA1G said:
JayTee94 said:
K321 said:
r8 v10 in unusual colour
Are you sure?! Those wheels normally hint towards the R8 V8 guise rather than the V10. smile
Yea V8 a V10 has different side blades.!
The car in question is the former demo car of M25 Audi; it is indeed a V10 Spyder that I think sold about a month or two ago. Either that or they have kept it on the books but the advert has come down.

K321

3,997 posts

128 months

Wednesday 3rd October 2012
quotequote all
It had V10 badges on front flanks, and yes it was at Prestwold

CRA1G

2,279 posts

105 months

Wednesday 3rd October 2012
quotequote all
Shmee said:
CRA1G said:
JayTee94 said:
K321 said:
r8 v10 in unusual colour
Are you sure?! Those wheels normally hint towards the R8 V8 guise rather than the V10. smile
Yea V8 a V10 has different side blades.!
The car in question is the former demo car of M25 Audi; it is indeed a V10 Spyder that I think sold about a month or two ago. Either that or they have kept it on the books but the advert has come down.
With out a reg number i'm still not totaly convinced.! from the picture the blades look like V8 and the wheels.? but hey ho.!

munch997

2,325 posts

97 months

Wednesday 3rd October 2012
quotequote all
I can't belive an R8 has caused so much of a stir. V8 or V10, a V8 is probably the rarer of the 2...

googleowl

354 posts

63 months

Wednesday 3rd October 2012
quotequote all
CRA1G said:
With out a reg number i'm still not totaly convinced.! from the picture the blades look like V8 and the wheels.? but hey ho.!
I can't quite see the Reg except LL and someone else said it was on M25 site and it says V10 on there wink



https://www.server5078.123-serv.co.uk/used-audi/Us...

On with the thread winkthumbup

epom

4,293 posts

71 months

Wednesday 3rd October 2012
quotequote all
JonMA said:


Saw this in Rome in April.

Can't see the reg on yours, mine was taken in March smile

CRA1G

2,279 posts

105 months

Wednesday 3rd October 2012
quotequote all
epom said:
JonMA said:


Saw this in Rome in April.

Can't see the reg on yours, mine was taken in March smile
If it's spot the difference the door mirror is higher........biglaugh
TOPIC CLOSED
TOPIC CLOSED