Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
1 2 ... 175 176
178 179 ... 263 264
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

Squirrelofwoe

1,137 posts

64 months

[news] 
Friday 12th October 2012 quote quote all
Everyone about later?

I've only gone and royally fooked the ligaments in my foot & ankle at football yesterday and have been given strict instructions to give it a few days 'complete rest' (well after work today anyway!) so I can see BF3 playing a big part in my weekend...

Every injury-based cloud has a first-person-shooter shaped silver lining. I think that's how the saying goes? scratchchin


L5WiRE

703 posts

30 months

[news] 
Friday 12th October 2012 quote quote all
Unlucky bud bet that was sore
I'll not be on till late tonight

Squirrelofwoe

1,137 posts

64 months

[news] 
Friday 12th October 2012 quote quote all
L5WiRE said:
Unlucky bud bet that was sore
I'll not be on till late tonight
It's pretty sore, but I've done it plenty of times over the last few years- I think my ankle ligaments now have the tensile strength of spaghetti hoops.

That's cool, I'm not normally on until about 9.30ish so I'm always still kicking around by the time the late crew (looking at you Sixty) arrive! hehe

Glade

2,729 posts

111 months

[news] 
Friday 12th October 2012 quote quote all
Not on tonight... Hospitality DNB allnighter - have a feeling I'm too old but hey.

  1. raving bounce

Squirrelofwoe

1,137 posts

64 months

[news] 
Friday 12th October 2012 quote quote all
Glade said:
Not on tonight... Hospitality DNB allnighter - have a feeling I'm too old but hey.

  1. raving bounce
Noice! Where abouts is that? I'm more of a Hardhouse, Trance, & Happy hardcore guy but I've been to a fair few D&B raves over the years! A highlight was High Contrast, Andy C, and Nicky Blackmarket at a warehouse rave outside Derby a few years back.

I still religously do the Insomniacz hardhouse all-nighters @ the Magna Centre in Sheffield each November but don't do so many of the smaller ones these days.

I prefer being stood the other side of the turntables these days! hehe
Advertisement

3sixty

2,796 posts

87 months

[news] 
Friday 12th October 2012 quote quote all
Squirrelofwoe said:
It's pretty sore, but I've done it plenty of times over the last few years- I think my ankle ligaments now have the tensile strength of spaghetti hoops.

That's cool, I'm not normally on until about 9.30ish so I'm always still kicking around by the time the late crew (looking at you Sixty) arrive! hehe
I wouldn't want to disappoint you Squirrel. Will be on 10/11ish

Squirrelofwoe

1,137 posts

64 months

[news] 
Friday 12th October 2012 quote quote all
3sixty said:
I wouldn't want to disappoint you Squirrel. Will be on 10/11ish
thumbup

FUBAR

Original Poster:

16,719 posts

126 months

[news] 
Friday 12th October 2012 quote quote all
Squirrelofwoe said:
Noice! Where abouts is that? I'm more of a Hardhouse, Trance, & Happy hardcore guy but I've been to a fair few D&B raves over the years! A highlight was High Contrast, Andy C, and Nicky Blackmarket at a warehouse rave outside Derby a few years back.

I still religously do the Insomniacz hardhouse all-nighters @ the Magna Centre in Sheffield each November but don't do so many of the smaller ones these days.

I prefer being stood the other side of the turntables these days! hehe
Another hard house loony here. Did a lot of the London and Brighton club scene, London being considerable 'harder'. I was a SunnySideUp regular at SW1/414Club etc, plus all the others, World Dance in the Docklands blah blah

Ebonezer good etc


And yes Squirrel, mrs Fubes is out so I'm on tonight.




In other news, good to meet you today Mikeyboy wavey

Squirrelofwoe

1,137 posts

64 months

[news] 
Friday 12th October 2012 quote quote all
FUBAR said:
Another hard house loony here. Did a lot of the London and Brighton club scene, London being considerable 'harder'. I was a SunnySideUp regular at SW1/414Club etc, plus all the others, World Dance in the Docklands blah blah

Ebonezer good etc
Awesome! I'd guess going by the SunnySideUp referrence that my hard house days probably started after yours! hehe

I'll be 28 on Monday...

Do you still listen to much of it? (If so i'll remember to point you in the direction of the next hardhouse mix I put up online...)

FUBAR

Original Poster:

16,719 posts

126 months

[news] 
Friday 12th October 2012 quote quote all
Yeah still listen to it. In fact had an old Reactivate album (#8 iirc) blasting in the car last night.

Last year we had a SSU 10 year reunion lol so yes I'm considerably older than yow (was 45 yesterday). Not wanting/able to do it weekly (a lot are 40-50+) they have restarted SSU every 6 months. Awesome night, great choons.

I think you'll like this radio station www.xtcradio.co.uk/ run by some of the SSU crew. Mix of recorded and live stuff. Whack it on tonight while BF3ing wobble

PHer Don1 has loads of downloadable albums, although its not that hard, more trancey, but great for in car listening. Ping him a PM and ask fit his d/l site and tell him I sent you smile

But yeah, send yours over smile

L5WiRE

703 posts

30 months

[news] 
Friday 12th October 2012 quote quote all
Hmm wat sites u use to DL stuff ? I use torrent damage

OMNIO

1,121 posts

54 months

[news] 
Friday 12th October 2012 quote quote all
Wish I was around in the days of the 80s & 90s warehouse raves. My uncle used to set up the lasers & lights etc for some of the clubs back in the day. I think he has a collection of flyers somewhere.

Anyhow back on topic. I might be on later. Currently in the pub!

Vieste

10,532 posts

48 months

[news] 
Friday 12th October 2012 quote quote all
I use to do all the uk raves from 89-98 then a few in Ibiza happy days.

Spiritual_Beggar

4,692 posts

82 months

[news] 
Friday 12th October 2012 quote quote all
DnB was my scene. That and Rock/ Metal.

Went to uni in Bristol, so Andy C/ Roni Size/ etc (the Full circle lot) were right on my doorstep smile.


I'll be on later to kill a few of you in horrendous Quad bike accidents...as usual.

Glade

2,729 posts

111 months

[news] 
Friday 12th October 2012 quote quote all
Squirrelofwoe said:
Glade said:
Not on tonight... Hospitality DNB allnighter - have a feeling I'm too old but hey.

  1. raving bounce
Noice! Where abouts is that? I'm more of a Hardhouse, Trance, & Happy hardcore guy but I've been to a fair few D&B raves over the years! A highlight was High Contrast, Andy C, and Nicky Blackmarket at a warehouse rave outside Derby a few years back.

I still religously do the Insomniacz hardhouse all-nighters @ the Magna Centre in Sheffield each November but don't do so many of the smaller ones these days.

I prefer being stood the other side of the turntables these days! hehe
O2 academy leeds... I'm 30 so will feel old.

Used to go to PaSSion in coalville every weekend in about 2001/2002/2003 for the Trance and sometimes to Storm or SunnyD's for hardhouse.
Mrs used to follow the tidyboys around so we went to Tidy events too.




Glade

2,729 posts

111 months

[news] 
Friday 12th October 2012 quote quote all
Lol @ the old ravers on this thread!

I'll whack a pic up when I'm smashed later!

Squirrelofwoe

1,137 posts

64 months

[news] 
Friday 12th October 2012 quote quote all
FUBAR said:
I think you'll like this radio station www.xtcradio.co.uk/ run by some of the SSU crew. Mix of recorded and live stuff. Whack it on tonight while BF3ing wobble

PHer Don1 has loads of downloadable albums, although its not that hard, more trancey, but great for in car listening. Ping him a PM and ask fit his d/l site and tell him I sent you smile

But yeah, send yours over smile
Ah spot on, yeah I'll give that a listen! thumbup

Yep I'm familiar with Don's stuff, spoke to him on here a few times- he's put up some cracking mixes. I'll keep you posted when I get around to the next hard house mix, I've mostly been doing trance/house/techno stuff recently so it'll likely be the next one!

FUBAR

Original Poster:

16,719 posts

126 months

[news] 
Friday 12th October 2012 quote quote all
Squirrelofwoe said:
Ah spot on, yeah I'll give that a listen! thumbup
Channel 3 is live now, ch 2 is SSU reuninion recording smile

I feel like going out now lol....zimmer frame at the ready

Squirrelofwoe

1,137 posts

64 months

[news] 
Friday 12th October 2012 quote quote all
Glade said:
O2 academy leeds... I'm 30 so will feel old.

Used to go to PaSSion in coalville every weekend in about 2001/2002/2003 for the Trance and sometimes to Storm or SunnyD's for hardhouse.
Mrs used to follow the tidyboys around so we went to Tidy events too.

Ah nice, we did a couple of events in Coalville, think they were 'Storm' nights if my memory serves me correct- though didn't start till the end of 2003 (I'm only a whipper-snapper) biggrin

The Tidy events are where it's at for me- I can pretty much plot the last 10 years of my life by Tidy events! hehe

I've got quite a large selection of classic Tidy/Tidy Trax vinyl all from 2002-2005, flippin' love it. And yes- stick a picture up later!

Squirrelofwoe

1,137 posts

64 months

[news] 
Friday 12th October 2012 quote quote all
FUBAR said:
Channel 3 is live now, ch 2 is SSU reuninion recording smile

I feel like going out now lol....zimmer frame at the ready
With my fooked ankle/foot Id need one of those at the mo too!

Just about to watch the second half of the England game so I'll stick the headphones in, then BF3 in about 45mins shoot
1 2 ... 175 176
178 179 ... 263 264
Reply to Topic