Login | Register
SearchMy Stuff
My ProfileMy PreferencesMy Mates RSS Feed
2 3 ... 6 7
Reply to Topic
Author Discussion

NIRO LEWY

Original Poster:

239 posts

66 months

[news] 
Sunday 11th March 2012 quote quote all
As racing season is growing ever closer all the time (thank goodness), who are we going to see at the Pod for the 1st round?

Burndown

712 posts

53 months

[news] 
Sunday 11th March 2012 quote quote all
Anyone who wants to place well in the Championship, or anyone who has a sponsor with expectations of full championship participation.

That goes for any class.

NIRO LEWY

Original Poster:

239 posts

66 months

[news] 
Sunday 11th March 2012 quote quote all
Fantastic answer!

Barry B

505 posts

98 months

[news] 
Sunday 11th March 2012 quote quote all
I'd say anyone with a mind numbing amount of money to spend. biggrin

NIRO LEWY

Original Poster:

239 posts

66 months

[news] 
Sunday 11th March 2012 quote quote all
Names and number of entries we may expect please. Any rumours flying around on whos going to drive the Andersens car?
Advertisement

Barry B

505 posts

98 months

[news] 
Sunday 11th March 2012 quote quote all
NIRO LEWY said:
Names and number of entries we may expect please. Any rumours flying around on whos going to drive the Andersens car?
Ooooh let's see now...All the usual suspects plus upto a dozen US teams making it a 16 car field with a few DNQ'd getting raceday off. rolleyes

Tet

1,066 posts

91 months

[news] 
Sunday 11th March 2012 quote quote all
NIRO LEWY said:
who are we going to see at the Pod for the 1st round?
I'd say we should probably get Easter out of the way first before we start worrying about that...

SpencerTramm

74 posts

95 months

[news] 
Sunday 11th March 2012 quote quote all
Tog and I visited the Curry Garden after a long day at the Saturday Night Special and we discussed how long it would take someone to start a "Who is running Top Fuel" thread, it's nice to see we haven't been disappointed!

In answer to the question, I think it's too early to tell, like Tet says, lets get through Easter first!

37chevy

807 posts

43 months

[news] 
Sunday 11th March 2012 quote quote all
SpencerTramm said:
Tog and I visited the Curry Garden after a long day at the Saturday Night Special and we discussed how long it would take someone to start a "Who is running Top Fuel" thread, it's nice to see we haven't been disappointed!

In answer to the question, I think it's too early to tell, like Tet says, lets get through Easter first!
Can you really blame people for wanting to be interested in our sport and wondering who is racing this year, or should we just not talk about it? (not a dig at you btw)

SpencerTramm

74 posts

95 months

[news] 
Sunday 11th March 2012 quote quote all
37chevy said:
Can you really blame people for wanting to be interested in our sport and wondering who is racing this year, or should we just not talk about it? (not a dig at you btw)
No, not at all, infact nowhere in my post did I say such a thread was a bad thing, more of an inevitability smile

My it's a bit early statement is only because due to licensing and financial considerations I would guess there are a few teams undecided right now, by the time Easter is over a few of those questions should be answered.

Turn7

11,008 posts

108 months

[news] 
Sunday 11th March 2012 quote quote all
Im not trying to start a war here, but personally, I can take or leave TF.

There are so many more classes with much more interesting ways of going fast that dont involve a budget the size a Labour deficit.

How come Ph never has threads on who will win Sumo/Street Elim/Superstreet bike ?

This fixation with the glamour boys grates with me a little.

37chevy

807 posts

43 months

[news] 
Sunday 11th March 2012 quote quote all
Turn7 said:
Im not trying to start a war here, but personally, I can take or leave TF.

There are so many more classes with much more interesting ways of going fast that dont involve a budget the size a Labour deficit.

How come Ph never has threads on who will win Sumo/Street Elim/Superstreet bike ?

This fixation with the glamour boys grates with me a little.
Well you cn kinda understand it, they are the quickest and loudest cars in the sport so you can see why people like them! I love top fuel but I also love EVERY other class in drag racing too! You have to accept that more people are interested in the fia classes, it's just the way it is, however they couldn't do without the sportsman classes, and likewise the sportsman classes benefit from the pro classes as they bring in the public and money to the tracks so they can in turn give us better facilities and more fans to race in front of

Just enjoy the sport for what it is, drag racing is about diversity, and going as fast as you can for the shear joy of it, nowhere in any other form of motorsport do you get the same passion, dedication and variety of cars....kick back, fuel up the car, pack up the BBQ put the beers in the cooler and get ready for the 2012 season, I for one can't wait!

DWphil

260 posts

98 months

[news] 
Monday 12th March 2012 quote quote all
Turn7 said:
Im not trying to start a war here, but personally, I can take or leave TF.

There are so many more classes with much more interesting ways of going fast that dont involve a budget the size a Labour deficit.

How come Ph never has threads on who will win Sumo/Street Elim/Superstreet bike ?

This fixation with the glamour boys grates with me a little.
So why dont YOU start a thread on who will win Sumo/Street Elim . Superstreet ?

Turn7

11,008 posts

108 months

[news] 
Monday 12th March 2012 quote quote all
Primarily because all anyone ever bangs on about here is TF. Its just a bit boring.
A while back,we had Besty and fester giving the lowdown on building and and running a fuel altered - that was interesting....

Frostys thread is one of the best here.
Lee was also giving some insight into sumo

I lile learning from the guys that do it,not gassing about who's got the biggest budget.



DWphil

260 posts

98 months

[news] 
Monday 12th March 2012 quote quote all
Turn7 said:
Primarily because all anyone ever bangs on about here is TF. Its just a bit boring.
A while back,we had Besty and fester giving the lowdown on building and and running a fuel altered - that was interesting....

Frostys thread is one of the best here.
Lee was also giving some insight into sumo

I lile learning from the guys that do it,not gassing about who's got the biggest budget.
I agree all very interesting topics andi would like to see more of such topics but like it or not more people will want to talk/read about the sports Premier class Top Fuel than other classes,look on the PH Motorsport area and its mainly about F1 , look on any football website and its mainly about the premiership.

Which is probably why there is not threads on Sumo or Street Elim or Super Street Bike but if you start one and lets see how it goes

firewalker

332 posts

68 months

[news] 
Monday 12th March 2012 quote quote all
37chevy said:
Well you cn kinda understand it, they are the quickest and loudest cars in the sport
Well, in *any* sport!!!! On those grounds alone they are a must see.
Drag racing is about going the fastest and quickest - so there you go.

Personally, they're in my and just abut everybodys Top 10 (1000ft has dinted their rating however).
Prefer NFAA and Nitro-Floppers above the FIA stuff meself.

Think I may start a Top 10 Class thread just to throw the moggie among the budgies.

Turn7

11,008 posts

108 months

[news] 
Monday 12th March 2012 quote quote all
1000 foot makes them irrelevant now I think. Drag racing IS quarter mile, anything else is ersatz.

Development is capped, speeds wont increase by the crowds annual expectations as we blindly follow NHRA regs.



MotorPsycho

1,126 posts

98 months

[news] 
Monday 12th March 2012 quote quote all
Turn7 said:
Primarily because all anyone ever bangs on about here is TF. Its just a bit boring.
A while back,we had Besty and fester giving the lowdown on building and and running a fuel altered - that was interesting....

Frostys thread is one of the best here.
Lee was also giving some insight into sumo

I lile learning from the guys that do it,not gassing about who's got the biggest budget.
If its of any interest to you I'm documenting our winter bodywork on our Facebook fan page smile better get it painted soon really winkwww.facebook.com/MotorPsychoUK

Will have constant behind the scenes updates, pictures and snippets all season as well

The Enthusiast

274 posts

98 months

[news] 
Monday 12th March 2012 quote quote all
Supposidly Neergard run 324mph. Thats got to be on a 1/4mile track? Mosten racetrack? What was the et?

Looks like european drivers have got heavy funding like america now.

Turn7

11,008 posts

108 months

[news] 
Monday 12th March 2012 quote quote all
MotorPsycho said:
If its of any interest to you I'm documenting our winter bodywork on our Facebook fan page smile better get it painted soon really winkwww.facebook.com/MotorPsychoUK

Will have constant behind the scenes updates, pictures and snippets all season as well
Already am Adam - Mark Proctor, enjoying it to.
2 3 ... 6 7
Reply to Topic